Opinion Can we 'click' this late in the season?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are also a very dangerous side when we are on. 5 goals from 18 possessions on the weekend. 9 goals from 79 possessions. That's 8 per goal. More of this is what I'm hoping for.

...reminds me of 'dont kick it backwoooooodsssssssss North' lady....maybe she was in Tassie last weekend

We are also a very dangerous side when we are on. 5 goals from 18 possessions on the weekend. 9 goals from 79 possessions. That's 8 per goal. More of this is what I'm hoping for.
Unfortunately we won't be playing teams of St Kilda's level again this season.

...reminds me of 'dont kick it backwoooooodsssssssss North' lady....maybe she was in Tassie last weekend

Someone else there was probably shouting ye olde "just kick the f***en thing" also.

This is what I am also hoping for, if we can get that game going and playing it on our terms we can rattle anyone.

Well bugger me I should be ashamed of myself expecting a ten goal loss and then ending up with the chocolates.
How good was that only wish I knew how to get this team to turn up each week. The drive home from Etihad somehow seems pleasant after a win. Mmmmm. Dare to dream.

Well bugger me I should be ashamed of myself expecting a ten goal loss and then ending up with the chocolates.
How good was that only wish I knew how to get this team to turn up each week. The drive home from Etihad somehow seems pleasant after a win. Mmmmm. Dare to dream.

Don't feel bad, I put $20 on the Dockers when I saw them at $2.25. Best 20 bucks I ever spent.

on current form i cant see us making the 8. with the same effort we beat the bottom side with over the last few weeks i can see next 3 games 10 goal loss to freo and dogs. Expect friday night against tigers to be our only chance to get into the 8 but unless we can get wells and mcmillan onto the ground i dont give us much hope.
Bump....;)

I've been thinking the other way - the two points both teams lost that week might be the difference between them making it or not. Makes the Cats' decision to give Adelaide the draw even more magnanimous than at the time.
When that tragedy occurred I thought it was a classy gesture at the time........I even made comment that it could cost one of those sides either way back then.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The next 3 weeks are going to be a lot different to the past 6 weeks and not just the fact that we are playing far better teams. In the Freo, Bulldogs, Tigers games, the opposition will be trying to win the games using their "own" gameplan on their own merits. They will not be solely trying to curb our style of play, unlike the Saints/Demons/Carlton, who tried to pressure us for the entire game to prevent themselves from being slaughtered. This, I hope/suspect, will allow our guys to get the best out of our style of play. It's basically Freo/Bulldogs/Tigers coming out all guns blazing and us doing the same. This will be the true test of our gameplan and we'll find out whether we've actually improved in the last year. My guess is that our focus this year was to try and curb the number of goals we leak during our "flat" spells. In the last 3 weeks, we've been flogged around the park in the second quarters but suffered comparitively little damage on the scoreboard. It may have been luck, however....
If I can reply to myself here. Yesterday's game hammered home to me the point about how we are better at limiting the flow of goals when we are under the pump. In the first quarter, Freo were playing brilliantly. They seemed to be cutting us apart at will. At the game, I practically lost all hope and reckoned we'd been seriously exposed as pretenders. However, at quarter time we were only 4 goals behind. That's a fair amount, I know, but it felt like they had done a lt more damage. So, in some ways, you could say we won the game in the first quarter.

If I can reply to myself here. Yesterday's game hammered home to me the point about how we are better at limiting the flow of goals when we are under the pump. In the first quarter, Freo were playing brilliantly. They seemed to be cutting us apart at will. At the game, I practically lost all hope and reckoned we'd been seriously exposed as pretenders. However, at quarter time we were only 4 goals behind. That's a fair amount, I know, but it felt like they had done a lt more damage. So, in some ways, you could say we won the game in the first quarter.
Exactly my thoughts as well. Freo threw everything at us in the first quarter and thanks to our solid backline, we were only down by 4 goals. Once we identified their tactics, we lifted significantly and severely limited their run off half-back. We were prepared to take the game on for the next three quarters, they weren't. We ran harder to create better options, they couldn't handle the sudden lift in intensity. Freo lost it because of their sloppy use of the pill and because of our extreme pressure.

First time we have won seven in a row since 1999. History could repeat itself... optimism on the rise!

Not too concerned. A couple of posters. A few brain fades last quarter.

Not much splitting us.

Only problem is the few out of form this late.

agree. not that disappointed, Nahas showed today why Thomas is such a better option, pity about Wells if correct, and we avoided the one team I did not want to face in finals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back