• Port Adelaide

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stay with Carlton

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

this may be deliberate by the Blues

maybe they dont want to let Walker go so they are creating this perception that they are doing their best to trade him, however in reality they are making it impossible for him to get to another club

It may well be but if he's that unhappy that he's shopped himself around to 3 clubs to try to get out of there I'm sure he'll be thrilled to have to stay another year. He may well walk for nothing next year.

The Dogs traded their 3rd round selection for Djerkurra - pick #57. They've now given up their 1st, 2nd & 3rd selections (noting that the first 2 are F/S selections).

They still have their Harbrow compensation pick, which they COULD use to trade for Walker... if Carlton weren't being unreasonably pigheaded.

Yeah - although I expect they'll use that pick to get Sherman - their compo pick is "worse" than ours and Carlton have stated they want a pick between 10-20 for Walker.

I expect Sherman will go to the Dogs for their compo pick and Walker will be forced to stay at Carlton for another year. If he still wants out next year, (and still wants to come here) next years trade week will be equally as annoying.

I feel it's going to take something pretty special for us to offload Walker. I think he will stay. From what we hear Walker is happy to stay. I feel his manager is pressuring him to look around for pure business reasons. I think if you guys offered us talia/mckernan and a 1st rounder for Walker and Jacobs we might get a little interested though.

I feel it's going to take something pretty special for us to offload Walker. I think he will stay. From what we hear Walker is happy to stay. I feel his manager is pressuring him to look around for pure business reasons. I think if you guys offered us talia/mckernan and a 1st rounder for Walker and Jacobs we might get a little interested though.
I bet you would... But Adelaide aren't stupid enough to trade 2x 1st round selections for 2x 2nd round selections.

talia/mckernan AND a first rounder.

you're cooked son

edit: just saw the AND jacobs part. still not going to happen

and that wont happen coz thats a terrible deal.

This going home to adelaide thing happens how often?
Players moving around within melbourne or to melbourne clubs though is a constant thing and this is the benefit of clubs like your carltons bulldogs and pies get when big fish are up for trade.
It's not like carlton haven't gotten the better of drafts and trades for ages now and for all their opportunity the management are struggling to get it together.
Carlton have generally always done well with players they pick up out of SA this is a unique situation with Jacobs.
He would likely of stayed on if management was in favour of him but players they paid a premium for they want to make sure they got their value for and this is prolly why Jacobs is on the outer.
How other players are being managed though seems a bit troubling for carlton, even though they are fringe players this year that might change at their new clubs due to better management in their favour.

Rumours that after asking us for Dangerfield for Walker Carlton asked Port for Carlsile. So now the rumours are floating that Port may be after Ebert (ie may also be sick to death of dealing with Carlton)

They seriously asked to swap Walker for Dangerfield? Wow, I guess the club is just as stupid as most of the halfwits who support them.

They seriously asked to swap Walker for Dangerfield? Wow, I guess the club is just as stupid as most of the halfwits who support them.

We said no, they then asked for Davis:rolleyes: (allegedly;))

It's funny, their supporters say our recruiters are unreasonable because they've requested certain players and we've said no but when they're asking for guys like Danger, Davis and Carlisle seriously, they clearly have no interest in serious negotiation. Be like if Talia requests a trade to Carlton next year (God I hope not - another trade week like this) and we say ok how about a first rounder and Lucas/Yarran...Can you imagine what their supporters would say if they heard our recruiters had asked for that for an uncontracted, UNPROVEN player with potential who wants to go home.

We said no, they then asked for Davis:rolleyes: (allegedly;))

It's funny, their supporters say our recruiters are unreasonable because they've requested certain players and we've said no but when they're asking for guys like Danger, Davis and Carlisle seriously, they clearly have no interest in serious negotiation. Be like if Talia requests a trade to Carlton next year (God I hope not - another trade week like this) and we say ok how about a first rounder and Lucas/Yarran...Can you imagine what their supporters would say if they heard our recruiters had asked for that for an uncontracted, UNPROVEN player with potential who wants to go home.

I don't imagine anyone would be asking to go to carlton over any other melbourne club the way things are.

I'd consider Yarran for Talia if you asked... given that we picked lucas ahead of talia just 12 months ago though and he's going nicely, i wouldnt give u him for talia.

I dont think you can get walks now. As for sammy J, he isnt worth 14. but he's worth more than 33. why didnt u win a premiership and end up with pick 25?

I'd consider Yarran for Talia if you asked... given that we picked lucas ahead of talia just 12 months ago though and he's going nicely, i wouldnt give u him for talia.

I dont think you can get walks now. As for sammy J, he isnt worth 14. but he's worth more than 33. why didnt u win a premiership and end up with pick 25?
because too many of our players had interrupted pre-seasons, too many injuries occurred during the season, too many players out of form or slow to regather form.

fremantle should trade tarrant to collingwood for pick 25

we trade griffen plus pick 33 for pick 25

we trade pick 25 to carlton for jacobs

done deal! :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

the issue with this is that Collingwood has offered Freo a take it or leave it offer and this offer involves pick 55, it seems Collingwood will not offer any higher picks

IMO Freo may end up getting pick 55 and Jack Anthony as Jack has played some very good games in defence at VFL level and at 22 could be groomed to replace Grover

you need to keep up to date with the trades before typing up your proposed trades. Collingwood have already traded away their first pick to GC for Krakouer and Ceglar. Collingwood offered Freo their third rounder as a sign of goodwill, because they can easily grab him in the PSD, especially now that Tarrant announced it's either Collingwood or retirement. Griffin is worth a third rounder at best. all Crows fans know this, because we're realistic when it comes to trading. Freo have traded their 3rd rounder to GC, so the best we can get is their GC 4th rounder or their own 4th rounder. we may not use the pick, but that's not the point, because we can afford to lose Griffin and send him home due to compassionate reasons. i never expected anything valuable in return for his trade.

as for Walker, looks like the only way he can leave Carlton this year is if Port offload Motlop. some papers say he's interested in heading west to one of the WA teams, but other reports say Victoria, but haven't heard any new rumours on clubs interested in him and what they're willing to offer. most likely scenario is Walker will remain at Carlton (for next year at least, as Carlton may very well try to trade him again as a contracted player at the end of next season).

the issue with this is that Collingwood has offered Freo a take it or leave it offer and this offer involves pick 55, it seems Collingwood will not offer any higher picks

That and pick Collingwood's pick #25 now resides with Brisbane;)

IMO Freo may end up getting pick 55 and Jack Anthony as Jack has played some very good games in defence at VFL level and at 22 could be groomed to replace Grover

IMO, freo should do this deal. Didn't Jack Anthony kick 50 odd goals in 2009 and wasn't to bad when he got a game in defense in 2010.

I would do this deal. :thumbsu:

omg, seriously? that's seriously overpay for Brennan.
The deal was:
GC gain: Brennan, Brisbane's Brennan compo pick, pick #10 & pick #48
Brisbane gain: pick #5, pick #25, pick #27 and Rohan Bewick

Bewick is one of GC's 10 players who had previously been on an AFL list or nominated for the draft.

I still don't get the logic in Brennan receiving a compo pick.
Everyone knows that GC are allowed to take ONE uncontracted player per club. What isn't common knowledge is that they are actually allowed to take a 2nd uncontracted player - provided that they have the approval of all parties involved (ie Brisbane and Brennan).

By doing it this way, GC & Brisbane effectively got the AFL to contribute an extra compo pick to the equation, which went a long way towards evening up the balance between GC & Brisbane.

Remove this Banner Ad

Can we still get Andrew Walker?

Back