Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Port Adelaide

• Stay with Carlton

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Everyone knows that GC are allowed to take ONE uncontracted player per club. What isn't common knowledge is that they are actually allowed to take a 2nd uncontracted player - provided that they have the approval of all parties involved (ie Brisbane and Brennan).

By doing it this way, GC & Brisbane effectively got the AFL to contribute an extra compo pick to the equation, which went a long way towards evening up the balance between GC & Brisbane.
I know the technicallities of it, but it's illogical.

Brennan is TRADED.....and Brisbane are compensated by the AFL in addition to the GC? Further more, the compensation pick is simultaneously traded in to the GC in the trade.

It's just dirty and illogical in my eyes.

The deal was:
GC gain: Brennan, Brisbane's Brennan compo pick, pick #10 & pick #48
Brisbane gain: pick #5, pick #25, pick #27 and Rohan Bewick

Bewick is one of GC's 10 players who had previously been on an AFL list or nominated for the draft.

GC gained Brisbane's compo pick for Rischitelli, Brisbane did not receive a compemsation pick for Brennan as GC had to trade for him.

Brennan is TRADED.....and Brisbane are compensated by the AFL in addition to the GC? Further more, the compensation pick is simultaneously traded in to the GC in the trade.

That would be insane especially as the GC are now after everyone's compo picks so they can shore up their draft positions over the next 5 years as well!

Brennan wasnt 'traded' any more than Ablett or Bock were.

Brisbane just 'agreed' to release him to the GC, and were compensated by the AFL with a 1st rounder as a result.

The Lions then traded that compensation pick (a first rounder) to the Suns along with picks #10 and #48 , in exhange for GC's picks #5, #25, #27 and Bewick.

Youll notice the actual 'trade' heavily favors the Lions. Effectively, they lost 10, 48 (which they wont use) and the Brennan compo pick for picks 5, 25, 27 and Bewick.

Very Veale deal-esque.

Everyone knows that GC are allowed to take ONE uncontracted player per club. What isn't common knowledge is that they are actually allowed to take a 2nd uncontracted player - provided that they have the approval of all parties involved (ie Brisbane and Brennan).

By doing it this way, GC & Brisbane effectively got the AFL to contribute an extra compo pick to the equation, which went a long way towards evening up the balance between GC & Brisbane.

Perhaps the best explanation of the trade ive read on BF yet.

No we earmarked him for a outside mid role...not a forward role. It was only this year carlton was planning to use walker up forward. If we got walker he would be in the middle.

Remove this Banner Ad

Can we still get Andrew Walker?

Back