Captaincy, Leadership & Marc Murphy

Remove this Banner Ad

Lets give Patty a few years to get his own game perfected first.

Murphy is the Captain and as long as he plays like he did last week, he deserves to remain captain!

A win over the Pies will make the leadership less of an issue.

thought murphy @ least has a crack

more worried about other snr players lack of effort , read gibbs
Yep, that's a bigger worry for me. Our leadership group aren't doing enough to support the skipper and they certainly aren't doing enough to lead by example.

I dont care how long they've been there but Doc and Cripps should be in that leadership group next year. They can replace Gibbs and Rowe.

I could be wrong, especially only seeing it on telly, but he seemed to be having a real crack last night until he dislocated his finger after going in hard. After that he seemed more hesitant again.

In no way am I excusing him, just an observation that it seems every time he goes in hard, he gets injured in some way and then becomes apprehensive.

in fairness i think rowe tries his best

cannot say the same for gibbs , walker , warnock ...................
Only mentioned Rowe because i'm not sure how long term he is but would be happy to be proven wrong. I am only talking about current official leadership group.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Funny how we also break our captains as well as coaches. We broke Juddy. Now Murphy is having a crack, finally, reckon there's a fair chance we'll break him too.
All players with 50+ games should show some endeavour and support for the skip and the younguns.
Murphy ain't the greatest leader, but past few weeks at least he's having a dip.

See the aggressive way Selwood plays footy

I don't think I've EVER seen Murphy or Gibbs do anything remotely as tough as that

I'm not saying they have to be a replica but the fact they're a million miles from Selwood says a lot

Murphy has a crack but he's too small and just gets smashed

Gibbs is just simply a soft accumulator

Surely SOS and McKay see this

They know

Cripps n Menzel have a tougher determination to them

That's evident already

Sadly the way things have turned out the recruitment of Thomas was a bad move as we could have got a comp pick for Betts and got a decent kid instead of Dale

It is Operation Draft Picks now

Got to get as many early picks as possible

Simple as that

SOS ... Save Our Sheet !!!

See the aggressive way Selwood plays footy

I don't think I've EVER seen Murphy or Gibbs do anything remotely as tough as that

I'm not saying they have to be a replica but the fact they're a million miles from Selwood says a lot

Murphy has a crack but he's too small and just gets smashed

Gibbs is just simply a soft accumulator

Surely SOS and McKay see this

They know

Cripps n Menzel have a tougher determination to them

That's evident already

Sadly the way things have turned out the recruitment of Thomas was a bad move as we could have got a comp pick for Betts and got a decent kid instead of Dale

It is Operation Draft Picks now

Got to get as many early picks as possible

Simple as that

SOS ... Save Our Sheet !!!

Interesting observation, Selwood does play aggressively but that isn't the sole prerequisite for the job.

I look at "mental toughness" as being the crux of what makes a leader and who doesn't. Borrowing from my cricket career, who would you like to have coming out to bat for you when the score is 3/25, Steve Waugh or Shane Watson ??

Steve Waugh was as mentally tough as anyone who has played the game, his leadership was ruthless but he backed that up by delivering himself under adversity.

Whoever is our captain must be mentally tough too, they also have to keep delivering when we are under pressure, that's why they are a leader. The other players will follow that strong lead and know that the captain can always be relied upon when needed.

Interesting observation, Selwood does play aggressively but that isn't the sole prerequisite for the job.

I look at "mental toughness" as being the crux of what makes a leader and who doesn't. Borrowing from my cricket career, who would you like to have coming out to bat for you when the score is 3/25, Steve Waugh or Shane Watson ??

Steve Waugh was as mentally tough as anyone who has played the game, his leadership was ruthless but he backed that up by delivering himself under adversity.

Whoever is our captain must be mentally tough too, they also have to keep delivering when we are under pressure, that's why they are a leader. The other players will follow that strong lead and know that the captain can always be relied upon when needed.
Hence why Doc should be groomed.

I don't think there's any doubt Cripps is the one

Just saw some great captaincy/leadership in the Sydney vs Bulldogs match.

Bob Murphy, so composed when his team is under so much pressure, easily the best player that stood up when needed. Runs hard, makes great decisions, and great kicking skills.

Totally the opposite of our captain.

Watch the last quarter of the game if anyone is interested.

Remove this Banner Ad

Captaincy, Leadership & Marc Murphy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back