Captaincy, Leadership & Marc Murphy

Remove this Banner Ad

You don't think Simpson shows leadership? I see him being very vocal out there most games
Whereas I am seeing a 'T-Bird' type response more and more (on-field) from Kade.
I will ask you this, Has he worked in unison with Murphy to achieve victory since Murphy was made Captain?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Players wanting out suggests Murph doesn't have much influence on the playing group. Suggest with appointment of the new coach give Gibbsy at go at the gig. Give a new duo a fresh start to lead the team and get them to fall in behind as a united group. They are clearly fractured.

Players wanting out suggests Murph doesn't have much influence on the playing group. Suggest with appointment of the new coach give Gibbsy at go at the gig. Give a new duo a fresh start to lead the team and get them to fall in behind as a united group. They are clearly fractured.
Hell no.

No offence to either of the boys nor to Jamison and Rowe, but we just don't have the real leader types around, right now.

The better leaders/club representatives are some of the younger guys that are still a couple of years away......having said that though, it will be interesting as to the make-up of our leadership group next year.........Cripps and Docherty shouldn't be dismissed as possible candidates.

Agree with all that you say bar crippling young players with a burden they should not have to shoulder, hence why Gibbs is the best bet for the new coach to try and galvanize the group for now.

i think you probably have no idea.

It will be interesting Jock

I don't see Murphy nor Gibbs as the types that can drag players behind them via encouragement and on-field direction.

I do though see Cripps, Docherty and Thomas as the more likely types.
No secret that Cripps is already the captain-in-waiting and damn, he's going to be a good one. Players will want to play for Patrick and under Patrick.

He's too young mate, it's just not fair to put that burden on him as he is still finding his feet at the highest level.

Why Not ? Would you say all is rosey and Murphs really got the respect of the other senior players that want out in droves.
No offence to either of the boys nor to Jamison and Rowe, but we just don't have the real leader types around, right now.

The better leaders/club representatives are some of the younger guys that are still a couple of years away......having said that though, it will be interesting as to the make-up of our leadership group next year.........Cripps and Docherty shouldn't be dismissed as possible candidates.
I agree with Harker... Not a huge fan of Murph as captain, but I don't think we have anyone more appropriate than him right now... no point changing.

Murphy is an intriguing individual and with some clear air, I can now see him being a much better captain than he may have been.

He does though need to become inclusive and drag the kids along with him. That's not easy if it's not in-built but I just feel he'll be better for the experience

New coach will make the call anyway with a set of fresh eyes, can't be appointed soon enough. Really makes you appreciate Hodge & Sellwood.

How old do you need to be for the captaincy role? Would have to be at least 4 more years before Cripps can be considered. Will Murph captain another 4 years?

Murph could not have been more impressive since mick has got the sack he has led the club brilliantly considering the lack of leaders at our club, he struggled with injuries for 2 years and being played out of position under mick partly due to those injuries, if he played for hawthorn he would be doing similar things to what Mitchell is doing but a faster version, he gets tagged and smashed every week by opposition players but what does he do about it ? does he complain, sook and look for an easy way out ? NO. He puts his head down works hard and never lets his team mates down, some people need to get some perspective about how good this guy has been for our football club if it wasn't for juddy the guy would have 4 bnf's under his belt he is a star and we should be greatful to have a leader like him.

Murph could not have been more impressive since mick has got the sack he has led the club brilliantly considering the lack of leaders at our club, he struggled with injuries for 2 years and being played out of position under mick partly due to those injuries, if he played for hawthorn he would be doing similar things to what Mitchell is doing but a faster version, he gets tagged and smashed every week by opposition players but what does he do about it ? does he complain, sook and look for an easy way out ? NO. He puts his head down works hard and never lets his team mates down, some people need to get some perspective about how good this guy has been for our football club if it wasn't for juddy the guy would have 4 bnf's under his belt he is a star and we should be greatful to have a leader like him.
Very well said.

Remove this Banner Ad

Captaincy, Leadership & Marc Murphy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back