Captaincy, Leadership & Marc Murphy

Remove this Banner Ad

I wonder if this came about because he now has a licence to run forward of the ball where as under MM he had to keep defensively in mind at all times.

First time in years I have seen the pure gut running from him that we used to see regularly.

Hopefully Murphy and Gibbs now realise there is no Juddy to come in and drag the side across the line. It is just them. They need to stand up week in week out.

Murphy has played his best footy this season when Judd hasn't been out there.

He'll be back to the elite player we know he is now that Malthouses horrible confidence-sapping game plan is out the window.

Played his best game since pre-mick actually, and looked like he enjoyed being out there and looked like a leader. I'm very confident Murph will turn it around and have a pretty good 2015.

Also have a suspicion he was playing hurt the first month.

Have we seen his legendary brakes yet?

Really glad he's got some zip back. But yeah one other thing I remember about his better years were those brakes. He could go from full pace to standing still almost instantly, making some opposition players look rather foolish.

Have we seen his legendary brakes yet?

Really glad he's got some zip back. But yeah one other thing I remember about his better years were those brakes. He could go from full pace to standing still almost instantly, making some opposition players look rather foolish.
Yep, one thing that's gone out of his game in recent years.

I agree with the above posters. I reckon Murphy will thrive now that Malthouse is no longer around. Haven't seen him play with such hunger and fearlessness in a while.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

two "captain's games" in a row now, spoke like an actual adult human after the match... think we may be seeing something here
So I'm not the only one who noticed this.

I'm so used to him sounding nervy and um'ing and ahh'ing, it was quite refreshing to hear him talking normally and calm.

A lot of people saying the 'little guy' is going alright. He was getting rag dolled and did look little in the MM era. Now he's doing the rag dolling and is looking strong in the contest. A clear, confident mindset does make u walk taller...go murph!

He must love having Cripps around. I haven't been bothered to look up stats or anything but it seems when Crippa dominates, Murph really racks up the numbers too.

This isn't to say it's all because of Cripps - clearly Murphy is playing like his old self again and you can see the zip and confidence coming back and really it's just great to have both players fire at the same time, but I dare say someone like Cripps (and Bell for that matter) must make his life easier.

He must love having Cripps around. I haven't been bothered to look up stats or anything but it seems when Crippa dominates, Murph really racks up the numbers too.

This isn't to say it's all because of Cripps - clearly Murphy is playing like his old self again and you can see the zip and confidence coming back and really it's just great to have both players fire at the same time, but I dare say someone like Cripps (and Bell for that matter) must make his life easier.
When you have guys the size of Cripps and Bell running in the midfield with you it certainly helps.

But I reckon having big Kruezer back has helped as well and Wood is certainly not afraid to throw his weight around either.

When you have guys the size of Cripps and Bell running in the midfield with you it certainly helps.

But I reckon having big Kruezer back has helped as well and Wood is certainly not afraid to throw his weight around either.

An excuse to post this! Yesssssssss
Joel+Selwood+Cameron+Wood+dEDRP7YEDRAm.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Captaincy, Leadership & Marc Murphy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back