Carey Out

Remove this Banner Ad

While I'm pleased for Rutten's sake, blind Freddy can see that there is more than just a bit of difference between the abilities of a Carey and a Rutten. In other words, the loss of Carey does significantly weaken the side.

It was the right decision though, we will need a fit Carey against Sydney.

Originally posted by macca23
While I'm pleased for Rutten's sake, blind Freddy can see that there is more than just a bit of difference between the abilities of a Carey and a Rutten. In other words, the loss of Carey does significantly weaken the side.

There is no question that Carey is a singinifact loss. However, we lost by 1 point against Freo at Subiaco without Carey and we get some goals scoring power with Scott Welsh coming back into the side. Goody is also a singificant inclusion. I expect him to be rotated through the midfield of the bench.

If Perrie can put in a good 4 quarter effort and we deliver the ball a bit better, I am sure that the likes of Welsh, Rutten, Burns etc can kick a winning score. We should win but it will not be as easy as many are predicting.

Originally posted by macca23

Sydney are the biggest pretenders since West Coast...

We'd flog the Swans with this forward-line:

FF: T. Cook, P. McIntyre, S. Cook
HF: M. Connell, J. Klug, D. Gallagher

I think if Rutten has another good game tomorrow leave him in the side till Stevens is available he could be handy:D :D No coach would put too much focus on him;) He might be able to just sneak around and grab a few marks and kick a few goals for us:D

Originally posted by maccas_no1
I think if Rutten has another good game tomorrow leave him in the side till Stevens is available he could be handy:D :D No coach would put too much focus on him;) He might be able to just sneak around and grab a few marks and kick a few goals for us:D
With Carey & Bassett hopefully coming back in against Sydney, I think whether Rutten keeps his place will depend on weather conditions, opposition matchups, etc. Good to see him being given a go though whilst we have some players out. Hopefully, he won't have 2nd game blues & make the most of his opportunity tomorrow.

Originally posted by dyertribe
Sydney are the biggest pretenders since West Coast...

We'd flog the Swans with this forward-line:

FF: T. Cook, P. McIntyre, S. Cook
HF: M. Connell, J. Klug, D. Gallagher
I reckon DT you should sub in either D Smith or B Chalmers for J Klug, & A Saliba or S Tongerie say for M Connell. :eek:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Originally posted by AdelaideFC97
John Klug an absolute legend....:cool:

not sure if you are serious AdelaideFC97, but John Klug was a great player! Truely! His knees let him down and he was a "mature age" when he played for the Crows, but he was still a great player!

k
xx

Originally posted by MarksGirl-kbcrowgirl
what about Danny Hughes or Stuart Wigney?

Danny Hughes was a fullback - and a bloody good one at that. Unfortunately, like with a lot of the guys we brought back from interstate that first season, his best was behind him.

Wigney - you may have a point :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Carey Out

Remove this Banner Ad

Back