Carey walks out on the Roos!

Remove this Banner Ad

If Carey does this to a team mate and a supposedly close friend, it shows how much lack of judgment he has, he should have known this would blow up in his face.

North have doen the right thing otherwise the whole fabric of the club will fall apart.

Not only was it a team mate's wife involved, but someone who could be a best friend! It is really disgusting.

If this is true, its shocking news. I feel sorry for North, as much as loved to watch Jackovich whip Carey's a$$, I still think he is a great player. This is sad news for the Club.

Still, I wonder if it is true, there are always rumours of some player screwing someones wife. Time to sit back and wait.......

As you know I am not a North supporter, but I think they have done the only thing they could do in very difficult circumstances.

The club must be bigger than the individual whoever the individual is, it is just sad that such a sensational player should end such a stellar career in this manner.

I am feeling sad and angered tonight like many North supporters I would suggest.

It would be very sad if something like this pre-empted the demise of the club.

If it looks like there will be a problem, I would consider paying a basic membership to help North out.

The people I feel the most sorry for are the Stevens family, my mother is friends with Anthony's mother, Cathy (they play tennis together), and i've met Anthony and played against his brother, Michael (now with Port Adelaide), and they're good people.

Anthony is known for being emotional and fiery (I hope he decked that bastard, Carey, after what he did to him), and he's been with his wife since he was a teenager, (he's not a player or a pants man, Carey that swine is, there's no doubting that), and he'll be cut deep because of this, and I hope that Anthony can go continue with his life and career with dignity. (something that is in short supply when it comes to Wayne Carey).

P.S
GOALDENhawk, that pick up line you used at the practice game at Deakin Reserve (Shepparton). Well usually that works up my way:D .

Premature to pass any kind of judgment at this stage.

Any of you speculating that Carey's future lays elsewhere now, are just not taking into account AFL rules. Carey will play for the Kangaroos or no-one, he cannot be swapped, traded, drafted or anything at this stage of the season.

I wouldn't be so sure about that Asgardian. What are the odds the AFL announces a new rule enabling Carey to join Sydney. We all know Sydney gets many favours from the AFL.

Originally posted by Asgardian
Premature to pass any kind of judgment at this stage.

Any of you speculating that Carey's future lays elsewhere now, are just not taking into account AFL rules. Carey will play for the Kangaroos or no-one, he cannot be swapped, traded, drafted or anything at this stage of the season.

well of course....he will have to sit out this year....i wonder if he will enter the draft for next season??

i-luv-westcoast, Wayne Carey would be a liability for Sydney if he ever signed up with them, because the swans have the highest ratio of female supporters and members than anyone else in the league (they even have thier own coterie group, the Cygnets), and his recent behaviour will no doubt leave a few supporters to feel quite angry at the club for taking on someone who cheats on his wife, who's an utter prick, and who is a player.

This behaviour cost Shane Warne the Australian captaincy, and it would be too risky for the swans, regardless of his great talent.

Originally posted by Maggie Greg
As you know I am not a North supporter, but I think they have done the only thing they could do in very difficult circumstances.

The club must be bigger than the individual whoever the individual is, it is just sad that such a sensational player should end such a stellar career in this manner.

I am feeling sad and angered tonight like many North supporters I would suggest.

If it looks like there will be a problem, I would consider paying a basic membership to help North out.

I can't believe I'm going to type this...

Great Post Greg.

I feel dirty now... ;)

Did you consider the same thing when Pert, Roos etc. left Fitzroy????

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If, as is being suggested, that Carey has had a dalliance with a teammates partner, wouldn't there be a couple of questions here?
1) Was she a willing partner (I am absolutely suggesting nothing unlawful here), and if so isn't she just as at fault as Carey?
2) Carey has undoubtable destroyed the loyalty and comaradrie that is essential at a club, especially when he is a leader and the captain, but hasn't the other players partner also?

I know this is a football forum and not one for social commentary, and I will not defend the actions (if indeed this is what has happened) but surely the partner is just as a destabilising influence if allowed to be around the club as well.

Still I believe that Nth Melb were left with no option. For the good of the side Carey had to go.

I personally can say that I was one of the few who saw Carey's last game in a Kanga's jumper (pumping my Saints by 127 points) and although the opposition was useless, Carey looked better than I had seen him for years.

Sorry to say that kanga fans, and I am very sorry for you tonight.

Stick with your side and keep the faith.

Lovely sentiment Greg....not enough of it on this board normally.

Originally posted by BigKev

Did you consider the same thing when Pert, Roos etc. left Fitzroy????

Pert left b/c he was treated like dirt after he did his knee. In any event, I donated to one of the may fundraisers in 89 or 90.

Originally posted by Joffaboy
If, as is being suggested, that Carey has had a dalliance with a teammates partner, wouldn't there be a couple of questions here?
1) Was she a willing partner (I am absolutely suggesting nothing unlawful here), and if so isn't she just as at fault as Carey?
2) Carey has undoubtable destroyed the loyalty and comaradrie that is essential at a club, especially when he is a leader and the captain, but hasn't the other players partner also?

I know this is a football forum and not one for social commentary, and I will not defend the actions (if indeed this is what has happened) but surely the partner is just as a destabilising influence if allowed to be around the club as well.

Stevens wife would of been a willing partner, but thats hardly the point is it?? Carey should know better....especially to one of his so called bestest mates!

I think the Kangaroos should be applauded for taking such a strong stand. I'm a big believer the club is always bigger than the player, and I'm confident that over the next year the Roos will be a stronger and united club.

Tomorrow there will be articles from the likes of Caro claiming no Carey, no North, and I say rubbish. To say that is a slur on very good players such as Stevens, Archer and Harvey. Just like it is a slur on Darcy, West and Brown to say no Grant, no Bulldogs.

Wayne Carey has possibly ruined how people should have remembered him, as one of the all time greats, by his actions.

He will have to live with that for the rest of his life.

North supporters, I really feel for you, must be terrible.

Originally posted by Wayde Petersen

P.S
GOALDENhawk, that pick up line you used at the practice game at Deakin Reserve (Shepparton). Well usually that works up my way:D .

Can I just say I never actually said that line to any girl while in Shepparton.

The story came about as I was wearing a rather lurid pair of red and white Millencolin shoelaces, and we were joking that they were sure to get the girls, and I said "yeah, they say to me 'Nice shoelaces, wanna ****!'"

Although given the unbelievable talent on hand at Deakin Reserve, I wish I had thought up some decent pick-up lines!!! :D

My two bobs worth in this fiasco. If what is supposed to have happened, did happen, then you have to wonder about the intellectual capacity of the key participants.

Sure the kangaroos will miss him, but life goes on. While it is a very sad way for such a wonderful career to end, the last couple of years, Carey has been suspect injury wise and I don't have too much confidence that this year was going to be much different. I have to say that I feel a bit sorry for all of the people involved. Rather unpleasant having your private life put on such public display.

The important thing now for all Kangaroos supporters is to rally behind the club, buy your membership ticket NOW, dont let the doomsayers have their wish that this will be the end of the Club.

And North supporters, if you are feeling really bad now at the loss of the great man, albeit in the twilight of his career, just multiply your feelings by about 100 times and you can imagine how we Fitzroy people felt in 1996 WHEN WE LOST OUR ENTIRE TEAM.

Dont let the North Melbourne Football Club down now, they need you, buy your membership tomorrow.

My sincerest condolences to all North Melbourne supporters. I had an intense hatred of Wayne Carey, for there was many a time he pummelled Richmond. I also had little time for him as a person, for I found him to be nothing short of a pig. However, on the field he was a brilliantly skilled player, a tremendous presence and a formidable leader. In fact, I'd call him the most inspirational captain of the last decade or so.

Although North has tasted recent premiership success, they have struggled in the financial department and their future could hardly be called secure. Carey IS North Melbourne and although his best was probably behind him, to have his career end in such a tawdry, grubby way is nothing short of tragic for the club and its supporters. As a Richmond supporter I have little love for teh Roos, let alone Carey. But this must really, really hurt. The club made an incredibly brave decision today so now is the time to stick by them. Best of luck, I hope you bounce back and this setback only makes you stronger. My heart goes out to all the shinboners in the house. A great player has gone...but so has a below average human being. The best to you all.

Remove this Banner Ad

Carey walks out on the Roos!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back