Carey walks out on the Roos!

Remove this Banner Ad

Hey, my tiger heart is as big as yours...but only kick a team when they are up...never when they are down. At the moment it is like shooting fish in a barrel. No sport in that, too easy, too easy.

Ok the official statement has said that Carey has retired from North Melbourne ( going on tv reports up here ) at no time has it said he as retired from football altogether, altho that is a pretty natural assumption.

As for the reasons?? SCANDAL is probably the best way to describe it. But the FACTS behind that word SCANDAL?? We will probably NEVER know. If it was going to be publicised it would have been done by now.

What if every rumour here is 100% totally incorrect? What if, for example, Mrs Stevens happens upon this site and reads this? Geez............Not good people.

For all we know Carey and Stevens argued over Carey getting hairplugs and Stevens getting Plastics done on his scar (an, I won't do it till you do) type of thing. Or what it if was an "I'm the king so I will get custody of that foster child compared to a man split by plate glass" type of thing? Those scenarios are just as feasible as the other rot posted so far.

Be careful what you say, especially in print. Trust me on this one. Unless you have already pre won the $15M powerball tomorrow night it is not WORTH speculating as if it was fact.

Originally posted by Danni
As for the reasons?? SCANDAL is probably the best way to describe it. But the FACTS behind that word SCANDAL?? We will probably NEVER know. If it was going to be publicised it would have been done by now.

What if every rumour here is 100% totally incorrect? What if, for example, Mrs Stevens happens upon this site and reads this? Geez............Not good people.

For all we know Carey and Stevens argued over Carey getting hairplugs and Stevens getting Plastics done on his scar (an, I won't do it till you do) type of thing. Or what it if was an "I'm the king so I will get custody of that foster child compared to a man split by plate glass" type of thing? Those scenarios are just as feasible as the other rot posted so far.

Be careful what you say, especially in print. Trust me on this one.

Im sure Carey would apologise to his family and wife because Stevens had a falling out with Careys hairplugs! :rolleyes:

It is obviously a HUGE thing Danni....not something ridiculous over hairplugs or the like

Danni, no offence, but as the rumours have been speculated upon on radio and on television, I think if their were going to be libel cases they would be directed in toward those people, not some anonymous website poster.

There is nothing on this thread that I have not heard in the media today or tonight. In Brisbane you may not be aware of that.

Danni, if it makes any difference, tonight on "The Panel", Steve Quatermain pretty much said that Carey and a team mate's wife were caught "in the act". So I hardly think the specualtion upon these boards is libel-worthy.

I also have very little time for Carey as a person. The previous incident with the uni. student was a precursor of things to come. IMO that was a more serious incident than the current one.
Has anyone really looked at what Carey is being accused of? Not of rape or bashing someone, but of making love to someone. Let's assume they both enjoyed it. What business is it of our's? I hear you say his teammates. Quite so. Not to mention the spouse of the alleged 'victim' They are entitled to make their own judgements, and it appears they have done so.
Futile as this plea may be: Leave the poor bastards alone. Not just Carey is involved. There are people here who are embroiled in this through no action of their own.
The only ones in a position to comment on Carey's morals are those who have never done similar, or even thought of it.

It's not a secret to those who know me that I really dislike North Melbourne, and Wayne Carey. But this isn't good news to me, although I once would have thought it would be. I feel sad for the North Melbourne supporters, and I hate to see a great player bow out like that. I've never thought much of him as a person, but as a football player, he was great. And the great football players always need to go out properly, not like this, if only for the supporter's sake.

As for the club, despite the fact that I used to despise them, I really hope that this doesn't have the sort of impact it could. If the suspicions are correct, then I think they did the right thing, and the brave thing. They've certainly made me respect them more, and maybe other people will also. Unfortunately, the people who count in stopping a team going to the wall, it might not. I don't mean the die hard supporters that we have on this board, but the fairweather fans, who buy memberships and support the club because of Wayne Carey.

Anyway, I'm rambling.

Ok the official statement has said that Carey has retired from North Melbourne ( going on tv reports up here ) at no time has it said he as retired from football altogether, altho that is a pretty natural assumption.

Be careful what you say, especially in print. Trust me on this one. Unless you have already pre won the $15M powerball tomorrow night it is not WORTH speculating as if it was fact.

Here is the leading paragraph from The Age article

Carey quits over affair with teammate's wife

By Jake Niall

The career of one of the greatest footballers of the modern era was halted in extraordinary circumstances last night when Wayne Carey's Kangaroos teammates said they could no longer play alongside him because he had an affair with his vice-captain's wife.

If anyone here gets sued you can all look forward to me running on the field at half time of the grand final and doing a pants down jiggie jiggie.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just watched the late news in Sydney..either 9 or 7 (I watched 3 in a row) came out and said it was over an affair with Stevens wife and showed pictures of her and the other participants (including Stevens as groomsman at DUck's wedding) Surprisingly big news (not just sports) story in Sydney.

I can only echo what others have said...very sad for loyal shinboners ... to be robbed of the future chance of sending him off with pride.

ditto about membership....I'm a loyal Don but took out a cheap 2000 Roo membership to keep them in Sydney (for the selfish reason of having more oppurtunity to see footy .. but also to help out financially)

REGARDLESS of whether legal action is pending or not................is it fair to bring unknown or possibly innocent people into the discussion?

And yeah - let the tv and radio stations wear the brunt of it.............(are any of them in print on a place the WHOLE WORLD can see?)

It is a scandal from what we know, but we don't know the facts. And unless an official statement is distributed to this site by the representatives all we can do is speculate.

Gotta remember, this is a player who gave his life to the game, who left the press conference tonight in emotional distress. We are not talking about a 2 bit player that will never make a difference and never have the media covering his every move, and never have the public love or hate him. And more than anything else, we are talking about a PERSON.

Geez when Rooboy challenged me to register nearly 2 years ago, that was over a Carey 'onfield' incident.

As I said, as much as I can't stand his onfield antics............this is getting way too personal.......and involving people that aren't public property, and involving them via rumour. What if it is all wrong? What about Mrs Stevens? Does she deserve this?

And yeah - let the tv and radio stations wear the brunt of it.............(are any of them in print on a place the WHOLE WORLD can see?)

Yes, try realfooty.com.au
It has about 5 articles about it.

roos.jpg

Originally posted by Port01

Yes, try realfooty.com.au
It has about 5 articles about it.

good for them

I am sure all their articles come from people with AFL media accreditation.

So we can then assume that all these rumours about Carey and his demise, and Mrs Stevens and G Archer and any other person mentioned, have been reported legitimately by an accredited person? someone covered by the liability insurance that basicly has to keep them somewhat honest or they lose their shirt?

If you are basing your comments on an article that can be found elsewhere, please publish the whole article, along with the authoring and publishing credits.

good for them

I am sure all their articles come from people with AFL media accreditation.

So we can then assume that all these rumours about Carey and his demise, and Mrs Stevens and G Archer and any other person mentioned, have been reported legitimately by an accredited person? someone covered by the liability insurance that basicly has to keep them somewhat honest or they lose their shirt?

If you are basing your comments on an article that can be found elsewhere, please publish the whole article, along with the authoring and publishing credits.

The whole story is in The Age in 5 articles all in lurid detail.

The story would not have been printed if not passed by the paper's legal advsisors which would be on of the big national firms.

Obviously they will be relying on truth being a defence to any action for defamation. The Age is not some little two bit Brisbane paper.

I don't know what your problem is Danni, but I believe we have no problem in discussing what has been reported in the media.

Or are you going to go around to every hairdressing salon and berate them for discussing the sordid details in the latest womens weekly or something.

btw, realfooty.com.au is the site of 'The Age'.

Remove this Banner Ad

Carey walks out on the Roos!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back