Carey walks out on the Roos!

Remove this Banner Ad

Originally posted by Maggie Greg

The Age is not some little two bit Brisbane paper.

hahahahahahahahahahaha

Oh geez mate you are really trying to stop me getting any sleep cause I am laughing so hard at your comments aren't you?????????????????????????????????

Brisbane may not be a typical AFL town, and our news services may not be as intune to AFL stories as those in Victoria............

BUT

We are not total imbiciles up here, we do sorta understand that game where they keep kicking that funny shaped ball between those extra posts that Rugby League don't have.

More than anything else, we'll give the man his due for his football career. Even if he has ended a long time partnership with his club in less than ideal circumstances.

And we don't need self righteous pratts like yourself to tell us that we must believe what is written in "The Age" to make it true. We are sorta able to make up our own minds.

Then again I spose I better just listen to the Victorian papers..........maybe they are the only ones that said my team are the current Premiers???

Cause seeing as the two bit Brisbane paper said it , it musn't be true hey?

Danni, I think you are wearing the Emperor's new clothes.

I didnt call you names. I think your psot is in poor taste.

The fullness of time will show you up as King Canute trying to turn back the tide.

You better learn how to swim.:D

I got 17 years of swimming certificates and medals (sorta one of the poplular sports up here in the sun)

as for the "emporers new clothes", unless I turned male in the last 10 mins that aint posssible,............but I will admit to being the queen that sings...........

"isn't is ohhhh
isn't is ahhhh
isnt' is absolutely woooooooooooooo"

(btw - don't understand it? The hans christian anderson musical score will aid you)

And now please be officially advised that by bringing that line of thinking into my life at this particular time, you are now the reason my poor poor poor family is subject to the musical and lyrical score of "The Tales Of Hans Christian Anderson". Something they hoped and thought they would not have to put up with again unless I particpated in the show again.

He must have been busted sleeping with steven's wife, otherwise would you quit a club over a drunken brawl ?? most people would'nt after all most aussie's have a brawl get it out of their system then buy each other a beer after... !!

word going around is he was busted giving steven's wife a bit of kangaroo meat !!

Originally posted by Danni
I got 17 years of swimming certificates and medals (sorta one of the poplular sports up here in the sun)

as for the "emporers new clothes", unless I turned male in the last 10 mins that aint posssible,............but I will admit to being the queen that sings...........

"isn't is ohhhh
isn't is ahhhh
isnt' is absolutely woooooooooooooo"

(btw - don't understand it? The hans christian anderson musical score will aid you)

And now please be officially advised that by bringing that line of thinking into my life at this particular time, you are now the reason my poor poor poor family is subject to the musical and lyrical score of "The Tales Of Hans Christian Anderson". Something they hoped and thought they would not have to put up with again unless I particpated in the show again.

Danni dont laugh.......I have seen the video 25 times in the last two weeks b/c my 4 yo daughter loves that song. It is driving me crazy!!!!!! AND I HATE DANNY KAYE!!!!

Originally posted by Danni

And we don't need self righteous pratts like yourself to tell us that we must believe what is written in "The Age" to make it true. We are sorta able to make up our own minds.

Then again I spose I better just listen to the Victorian papers..........maybe they are the only ones that said my team are the current Premiers???

Cause seeing as the two bit Brisbane paper said it , it musn't be true hey?

Carey quits over affair with teammate's wife

By Jake Niall

The career of one of the greatest footballers of the modern era was halted in extraordinary circumstances last night when Wayne Carey's Kangaroos teammates said they could no longer play alongside him because he had an affair with his vice-captain's wife.
Choking back tears, Carey appeared in his manager's South Melbourne office shortly before 7.30pm to announce that his 13-year career with the Kangaroos was over.

Reading from a prepared statement and flanked by his manager, Ricky Nixon, and a public relations consultant, a shaken Carey said he had decided to end his career with the Kangaroos but declined to elaborate on "personal" matters that had led to his departure.

It emerged yesterday that an affair between Carey and Kellie Stevens, wife of Kangaroos' vice-captain Anthony Stevens, was the reason for his teammates' stand and his subsequent forced retirement.

The affair, which began last year, came to light at the 30th birthday of Lisa Archer, wife of Kangaroo star Glenn Archer on Sunday night - resulting in a confrontation between the captain and vice-captain.

The Age also learnt that Carey's wife Sally, whom he married just over a year ago, was admitted to hospital earlier this week, suffering from stress.

"I regret the circumstances of my actions which has led to the decision and the pain it has caused to my wife and family," Carey said. "I apologise to all my teammates and the Kangaroos supporters, however, I believe this is the only proper and responsible course of action."...

well Danni...id expect if this is in fact not true that The Age and RealFooty and Jake Niall will find themselves in a bit fo trouble in the next few days and this article taken down from the RealFooty site.

Only found out about the news logging onto Bigfooty, I was working tonight. Shocking news, but the Kangaroos board should be applauded for their brave stand in this issue. From what I've read, they've handled the situation in a direct, focused manner, nothing's worse than letting an incident fester but the Kangaroos have made a strong decision in taking action immediately to minimise the negative effects to the club.

No one wants to see a champion go out in this way just before the season begins, at first you'd think that this would be very demoralising for the club but I believe that the Kangaroos have tremendous spirit and tenacity and will overcome this incident just like many obstacles in the past. Not many fans of other clubs are willing to readily admit it but I believe many people have great respect for the Kangaroos and their supporters, and how they've handled themselves over the last decade with the incidents which have arisen, and which North have inevitably bounced back from, bigger and stronger. This will be no different, tonight's announcement affirms North's outlook that no one individual no matter how big is bigger than the club.

Keep your head up Roos supporters and be proud of your club, although there might be the occasional troll getting some pleasure out of this situation, the vast majority of Bigfooty people are thinking of you and your club, and hoping that you'll bounce back bigger and stronger from this.

Although, I may despise the Roos on the field, I have deep respect (and some envy) for the club and their accomplishments over the last decade which has not been easy.

Originally posted by Macca19

Stevens wife would of been a willing partner, but thats hardly the point is it?? Carey should know better....especially to one of his so called bestest mates!

Granted, but I find it interesting that when these things happen that the man in the relationship cops the brunt of the venom. You never hear "how could she do that to her husband".

The whole thing is a very sad thing for all involved. The fall out is immense and never considered in the heat of passion, I guess people do these things and think it'll never be found out, but 99 times out of a hundred they are.

It's bad enough when it happens to average people, but in this situation literally thousands of people are affected, you cannot tell me that North's chances this year have taken a huge dive. If North go down the gurgler for season 2002 it could have a domino effect resulting in the destruction of a club which is already in a precarious financial state.

As much as a dislike North (ironically it is mainly because of that cocky b'stard Carey) I feel for their supporters, I know what it is like to support a club that is close to the edge.

Ignore buffoons like Joffa, sad individuals like him revel in the fall of tall poppies. He would kill for his club to have been as succesful as North have been in recent years.

I am a female and would be devestated if my husband did this to me...

BUT, I think it is a shame this couldn't have been worked out privately and I am sure Carey isn't the only footballer doing the deed with someone other than his wife...

Therese

Originally posted by FreoGirl
I am a female and would be devestated if my husband did this to me...

BUT, I think it is a shame this couldn't have been worked out privately and I am sure Carey isn't the only footballer doing the deed with someone other than his wife...

Therese

There has been many rumours of such indescretions by other players. There was a rumour that went around Adelaide for months about 2 Power players, one of whom now plays for a Melbourne club, interestingly he left Port soon after the rumours started, another supposed "him or me" situation.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

WOW!! Absolutely huge news!! The greatest footballer in the modern era has "suspended his playing career" and quit the Kangaroos after shagging his best mate and teamates wife! Does it get any bigger.

First off, i feel for Anthony and his family, it takes two and his wife is a bad as Carey. Secondly, thanks Wayne, you took the heat right off my club and put it squarely on your own shoulders.

A pity for Wayne but i think everybody knew that on the field Wayne was a champ but off the field he was a ****er. Sad that he doesnt get a send off like Bluey McKenna got a couple of seasons back, im sure he'll be back next season with a new club.

Feel for the Kangaroos in general and there supporters, hope everything turns out alright.

thanks to Maggie Greg, Sydneyfan and everyone who's shown us sensitivity and sympathy and best of all respect.

I'm proud of the club and believe, maybe naively, that we'll do better by standing up for principle and the feelings of the wider playing group, than we would by keeping our biggest name player at the cost of the rest of the team.

And if someone shows me in ten years that Aylett and Easy made the wrong call, that sponsors and fair weather fans held onto their money because Carey left, I'll still be proud of what they tried to stand for this week.

I want to say at the start it is a very difficult situation I feel sorry for the innocent parties including supporters.

You'd have to ask though if the Club has handled it adequately. If they have accepted Carey's resignation the day after the blowup then perhaps they have not.

Does the Club have policies procedures and external support for players under crisis in their personal life? Did they employ expert outside mediators? Or did the go for the moral position without letting things settle? Was the most skilled negotaitor involved a player manager? If so this is inadequate.

I don't want to get all high and mighty at a difficult time but I will anyway. The Club controls players, not the other way around. Carey could have been suspended, and if any other player had a problem with that they could have taken leave. This might have given everyone a chance to get some cooler heads involved.

Mud

Remove this Banner Ad

Carey walks out on the Roos!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back