Hot Topic Carlton 2024 Trade Discussion

What is Austin going to do now?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

The next few years will put this trade season in to context.

This will either have been a masterstroke (Sheezel-esque), or a complete disaster (Dow-esque). Only time will tell.

I feel equal parts on this one... I love the boldness. Very rare to finish in the top 8 and get a top 3 pick without losing a quality player. I also feel nervous about selling two first rounders and a second rounder for 1 player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So we have the equivalent points of pick 53 for the Campo boys. I know that might get bumped to maybe somewhere closer to 40 but still seems like we need more, no?

We can currently match a bid at 44 (there is a 197 point discount).
But as soon as the bids for Ashcroft, Kako, Lombard come in, our picks will come in a lot.
Marshall too.

Really strange trade from Brisbane, going back up the order (27) and losing ~230 points (lose 32, 45). Assume they must have another trade lined up for 27 that will result in a net gain of points. But seems odd at this point.

You can only take as many picks to the draft as you have list spots. Chances are they didn't have a list spot to take 45 so they upgrade points value of 32 to 27. On draft night they can split that pick for as many late picks as they want.

You can only take as many picks to the draft as you have list spots. Chances are they didn't have a list spot to take 45 so they upgrade points value of 32 to 27. On draft night they can split that pick for as many late picks as they want.
Just had a look... They took 3 MSD options, so had 47 listed players! 38 Primary list, and 9 rookies (inc 2 x Cat-B).

They've delisted 4 Primary and 1 rookie so far. So now 34-6-2. As this stands, they've got 2 picks at the draft. Obviously will need to make further cuts.

Picks: Brisbane: 27, 34, 42, 43, 60, 66

If they trade out Sharp, and cut two more, will be able to take 27, 34, 42, 43 and the Sharp pick to the draft, and as you say, likely trade out 27 for more points on the night. Will be an interesting watch.

Remove this Banner Ad

Hot Topic Carlton 2024 Trade Discussion

Back