Hot Topic Carlton 2024 Trade Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

You gotta love some of those draft reports when you go back and read them. This gem was from from one of the draft experts on the main page 😂

''...I see him as a slow, unfit clearance winner with little versatility...and how much development is still to come?"

"...He isn't particularly quick, and although his kicking is solid, sometimes he can get under the ball a bit and not lower his eyes. Not sold on his versatility either, particularly going forward. He has shown some good signs linking up on the outside, but not sure he is quite using his size to it's full potential outside of the stoppages...''

''...a true big bodied inside midfielder - very strong at the stoppages, his clearance work is right up there with the best and he moves through traffic really quite well. Which is all great, but I feel as though he lacks a bit of hurt factor...''

- xxxxxx on Patrick Cripps, Young Talent Time 2013
My mantra that draft year was "anyone but Cripps". Ah well, no-one gets it right all the time.

That poll is looking a bit old hat with what Carlton should do with picks 12 & 14 and should we go for Dan Houston..?

Maybe update it with what we should get for pick 3 ..?
Who do you prefer we get or trade down for 6 & 11 etc

In fairness, he seems lukewarm on pretty much every club’s trading efforts.

And for a second thing, the melts around here will be enormous if pick 3 is a bust. I support what the club did. But they have to get the pick right. And that’s essentially what Damo is saying.
But isn't it factually incorrect? We never had two firsts this year and only ended up with 2 from giving up next years 1st and 2nd. So we actually didn't give up 3 firsts. We gave up next years as part of a package to get a 2nd first rounder this year. You can't count it twice.

But what would I know. I'm just a humble poster on an internet website not a well paid afl journo like Damo.

I’m well aware of what Damo wrote. As RPCB says, the narrative about three first round picks to get pick 3 is already well and truly established. We can huff and puff about that on here all we like, but it won’t move the dial. Get angry, belittle Damo, do whatever you like. It won’t change a thing.

The more substantive part about Damo’s comment is that we need to nail pick 3. And he’s spot on. If we stuff it up, the melts on here will be enormous.

Again, I support what the club did.
But quite simply it's wrong. And easily proven wrong. It only takes someone to point this out to the journo in question and he would have to concede that he was wrong.

I highly doubt we take pick 38 to the draft.

Listen to what Austin said he’s always wanted 2 picks inside 20.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Austin would never have thought he could get 3. If 2 top 20s was a non negotiable, he wouldn't have traded for it. Plus, he never specifically said that. It was just relayed by ITKs.

I highly doubt we take pick 38 to the draft.

Listen to what Austin said he’s always wanted 2 picks inside 20.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

That’s why I think if we were offered 6 & 11 say, we’d seriously consider it. Club was stoked with 12 & 14 as it was

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Hot Topic Carlton 2024 Trade Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back