Official Club Stuff Carlton Academy - Next Gen & Father/Son/Daughter Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Think of it this way.

GC: Twelve 17yo born in the Jan-Apr 1992 window in 2009.
GWS: Same but for 1993 in 2010.
Tassie: Ditto but for 2009 in 2026.

Tassie can sign mature agers during the H/A season be they Tassie folk or mainlanders.

Tassie can't enter the 2026 AFLM draft but can get the first 5 picks in the RD provided this remains the way.

The Devils can use the selected rookies for retention, elevation or deletion.

Just Kreuzing.

2027 is Tassie's first ND to run amok.

So are the Campo twins actually any good? Where would they go in the draft if they weren't father/son picks?

Ben 25-40
Lucas 45-rookie

Though I think we have done a few things to lower their value. Neither played the back half of the season. Both could have played more sanfl senior/ reserves games.

Given their lack of playing time post championships I would guess the club has already guaranteed them a list spot and told them to shut up shop to reduce their cost.

They'll be great value for what we get them and we'll manipulate our draft hand to maximise that advantage.

I wouldn't expect them to come in and change our fortunes next year but few draftees do.

So are the Campo twins actually any good? Where would they go in the draft if they weren't father/son picks?
Imagine JSOS in the form of a midfielder. Neither will ever be the most talented players on their team but work hard and play the game the right way.

Ben's kicking is very ordinary but is defensively elite.

Ben's draft reports sound a bit like Josh Dunkley

Ben's draft reports sound a bit like Josh Dunkley

A bit? Identical if you ask me

He’s definitely in the frame to replace Hewitt at some stage and should be the defined role he’s tagged (no pun intended) for.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Spoke to someone who has a bit to do with an opposition SANFL club and chatted about the Campo’s, well Ben anyway.

Described him as having elite ‘timing’. Just right place, right time player. No outstanding strengths but no real weaknesses. Said they put a bit of time trying to limit his output in an 18s game and he just blew them away. Didn’t seem to think his pace would be an issue at AFL level; he was a Bombers fan and said he’d happily have him on their list.

Ben's a good footballer, not much more to it.

Limited with his kicking (although he gets reasonable distance). I don't think he'll have any trouble converting to AFL pace. Has the mind for it

On Pixel 7a using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Club Stuff Carlton Academy - Next Gen & Father/Son/Daughter Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back