News Carlton after Joel MacDonald

Remove this Banner Ad

No you would not because we will never offer you that.

You have to get rid of him and you have to accept the best deal you can get for him. Just like we did with Aka.

Let me make this clear: we WANT to get rid of him, we DON'T have to get rid of him.

and I would only accept that offer and if I didn't get it, then I would say F*** OFF! :thumbsu:

This guy looks like such an idiot now ^^^ :D

Not my best day that is for sure.

Voss has been extremely naive in this trade and most Lions fans are absolutely gutted.

You had to either trade or delist Fev you had no other option. No one else was interested in him and we were under no obligation to offer you anything like his normal market value. Exactly the same situation we were in with Aka.

You have a tremendous young kid with Hendo, captaincy material. Don’t put too much pressure on him early he will take time to develop but he is class personified. Still unbelievable to think that we traded him…Terrible, terrible day.

Generally not a good idea to call a supermod an idiot BTW. ;) (no matter how much of a goose he was ;))

Voss has been extremely naive in this trade and most Lions fans are absolutely gutted.

You had to either trade or delist Fev you had no other option. No one else was interested in him and we were under no obligation to offer you anything like his normal market value. Exactly the same situation we were in with Aka.

You have a tremendous young kid with Hendo, captaincy material. Don’t put too much pressure on him early he will take time to develop but he is class personified. Still unbelievable to think that we traded him…Terrible, terrible day.

Generally not a good idea to call a supermod an idiot BTW. ;) (no matter how much of a goose he was ;))

Sorry dude, it wasn't meant to be offensive just a tongue in cheek comment. :p

Anyway I'm rapt that we were able to pull this deal off :thumbsu:

Believe me you did well. If it was up to me I'd have Fev back in a heartbeat, no question. He is a ridiculously talented footballer. A match winner, and one of the few remaining personalities in the game.

But given the Club decided to get rid of him, they did get a very good deal considering our weak negotiating position. If that Bradshaw + Risky trade went through that would have truly been a disaster. At least now we have the chance of developing 2 first round KP forward talents, which is what we badly needed. 2010 will probably be a "one step back" year while we re-adjust and get more experience into our young list, and hopefully this will set us up well in the future. The Blues have an awesome development program in place which will help.

It has been a horrible week. Glad it's over, and we can all move on.

:)

Sorry dude, it wasn't meant to be offensive just a tongue in cheek comment. :p

Anyway I'm rapt that we were able to pull this deal off :thumbsu:

Yeah mate it's all good.

Fev will be great for us and will provide endless highlights. But it is going to take a long time to get over the loss of Hendo. Absolutely heartbroken.

Believe me you did well. If it was up to me I'd have Fev back in a heartbeat, no question. He is a ridiculously talented footballer. A match winner, and one of the few remaining personalities in the game.

But given the Club decided to get rid of him, they did get a very good deal considering our weak negotiating position. If that Bradshaw + Risky trade went through that would have truly been a disaster. At least now we have the chance of developing 2 first round KP forward talents, which is what we badly needed. 2010 will probably be a "one step back" year while we re-adjust and get more experience into our young list, and hopefully this will set us up well in the future. The Blues have an awesome development program in place which will help.

It has been a horrible week. Glad it's over, and we can all move on.

:)

Bradshaw may still play for Carlton next year

Yeah mate it's all good.

Fev will be great for us and will provide endless highlights. But it is going to take a long time to get over the loss of Hendo. Absolutely heartbroken.

On field, Fev's improved a lot, trust me you shouldn't have anything to be worried about barring injury of course. It's just the off field stuff that will have most Lions supporters worried. Imagine he gets pissed again and gropes J.Brown's missus! I'm tipping Brown will knock his block off and you'll end up wanting to offload him.

But I've followed Fev for a long time and hope he can finally straighten everything out and finish his footy career on a high because I think he owes that to himself after letting himself down so many times.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On field, Fev's improved a lot, trust me you shouldn't have anything to be worried about barring injury of course. It's just the off field stuff that will have most Lions supporters worried. Imagine he gets pissed again and gropes J.Brown's missus! I'm tipping Brown will knock his block off and you'll end up wanting to offload him.

But I've followed Fev for a long time and hope he can finally straighten everything out and finish his footy career on a high because I think he owes that to himself after letting himself down so many times.

Yeah I got no problems with Fev, I always prefer there to be 'personalities' in the game. And I reckon being up here out of the fishbowl will do him the world of good. He will see the world in a whole different way.

At the media conference today they confirmed that the rumour that Judd and others approached the board and demanded Fev go was complete and utter BS and couldn't be further from the truth. It was a board decision. Sticks looked absolutely gutted over Fev going, and said he'd been in contact with him. Ratten appeared more upbeat. Damn this hurts. :)

God I hope the Carlton faithful keep in mind that he's a teenager and don't eat him alive / play him into the ground in the desperate need to be seen to have gotten a good deal on Fev.

Josh Fraser 2.0?

God I hope the Carlton faithful keep in mind that he's a teenager and don't eat him alive / play him into the ground in the desperate need to be seen to have gotten a good deal on Fev.

Josh Fraser 2.0?

I'm sure there will be a small minority out there that will be harsh on the kid, but most will realise that he is still very young, and will need some time to develop, and find his feet at the Carlton Footy Club.

I'm sure there will be a small minority out there that will be harsh on the kid, but most will realise that he is still very young, and will need some time to develop, and find his feet at the Carlton Footy Club.

If people just see the steps JK has made at West Coast, then hopefully they will stay patient with Lachlan.

Josh Fraser 2.0?

Don't worry about our professionalism and development capabilities my friend - their strength is the very reason you now have Fev.

He'll be working with Waite and Kruze as KPF or Jammo and Austin as KPB. He's in good hands.

So glad Rischitelli and/or his gf halted that deal as securing Henderson is such a better outcome. :thumbsu:

Josh Fraser 2.0?

If people just see the steps JK has made at West Coast, then hopefully they will stay patient with Lachlan.

Don't worry about our professionalism and development capabilities my friend - their strength is the very reason you now have Fev.

He'll be working with Waite and Kruze as KPF or Jammo and Austin as KPB. He's in good hands.

So glad Rischitelli and/or his gf halted that deal as securing Henderson is such a better outcome. :thumbsu:

Yep you have to keep that in mind, he will not do that for you next year, but give him some time and you will have a quality+ CHF on your hands.

Why I still worship at this church. Mutual respect, info, news, sometimes there is cake. Hard to dislike the Brisbane fans over this last week. They feel the way we did when JK went. All class, both teams here. Hats off. :thumbsu:

Yep you have to keep that in mind, he will not do that for you next year, but give him some time and you will have a quality+ CHF on your hands.

yup... It's a bit of a shame that we had to give up Josh to get Judd, but I think that it came down to a choice of Bower or Kennedy... and the board at that time was thinking another 5-7 years of Fev and we can recruit a KPF or two in that time and development them the way we want...

Well... it looks like we are going to get the KPF's we wanted, but at the cost of Fev...

Love Fev the footballer and Fev the generous caring person who gives of himself without thought...

Hate Fev the ******** pisshead... and thats what cost him the rest of his career at Carlton...

Remove this Banner Ad

News Carlton after Joel MacDonald

Remove this Banner Ad

Back