Carlton are easily the best side outside the 8

Remove this Banner Ad

i agree with this.

they;ll go backwards next year

Wash your mouth out, Pies and Bombers supporters aren't supposed to agree;)

Looking at the figures the Blues are going to have to be very good next year to improve on this season, when you have 16 guys play 90% of the games and only 1 maybe two of your BEST 22 miss any significant time that is a very good year with injuries.

You don't have the list to be playing finals.

Like I said though, ask me once we know what you'll be playing with next year.

JD, your only real concern at the moment should be that we dont get over the line against the Hawks on Saturday night. Because, guess what, if we do, and Sydney lose to Brisbane as you woould expect, you owe us 10 memberships!

Having said that mate, I dont expect you to come up with the cash for that, clearly you wouldnt have the balls to back up your big mouth statement at the start of the year.

As for not having the list to play finals next year, time will tell wont it. If all games and seasons went as planned, surely St Kilda would have jagged a flag or two over the past 5 years or so, tell me again how many you achieved! :rolleyes:

JD, your only real concern at the moment should be that we dont get over the line against the Hawks on Saturday night. Because, guess what, if we do, and Sydney lose to Brisbane as you woould expect, you owe us 10 memberships!

Having said that mate, I dont expect you to come up with the cash for that, clearly you wouldnt have the balls to back up your big mouth statement at the start of the year.
Excuse me?

I think you better check what I said. TBH I'm flattered so many of you still hang on my every word.

As for not paying up on bets, I'll let my track record speak for itself there. If you want to lecture people on not paying up on bets, save your lecture for fellow Carlton supporters like Deej, TheHeatleyStand, Penatrator, Barry QC, Lonesome77, . . . etc

As for not having the list to play finals next year, time will tell wont it. If all games and seasons went as planned, surely St Kilda would have jagged a flag or two over the past 5 years or so, tell me again how many you achieved! :rolleyes:

Relevance? :rolleyes:

Based on every game played by the bottom 8 against one another, the ladder looks like this:

Richmond 9W 1L
Carlton 7W 4L
Essendon 6W 4L
Brisbane 5W 5L
Fremantle 4W 7L
Port 4W 5L
Melbourne 3W 6L
WC 2W 8L

Based on every game played by the bottom 8 against one another, the ladder looks like this:

Richmond 9W 1L
Carlton 7W 4L
Essendon 6W 4L
Brisbane 5W 5L
Fremantle 4W 7L
Port 4W 5L
Melbourne 3W 6L
WC 2W 8L

Now show us the reverse - based on every game played against the top 8 (measuring sticks).

Now show us the reverse - based on every game played against the top 8 (measuring sticks).

Bottom 8 team's record against top 8 sides:

Brisbane 5W 6L
Carlton 3W 7L
Essendon 2W 9L
Port 2W 9L
WC 2W 9L
Richmond 1W 9L 1D
Fremantle 1W 9L
Melbourne 0W 12L

It seems that the statistic which best indicates the performance of teams for the season has been totally overlooked....the ladder.
Is this simply for the convenience of this tread or did you forget to look?

Heres some logic that you seem to be forgetting...

If the tigers finish 9th.....

Then it makes sense that the teams they beat are below them ... since they didn't get the 4 points for beating Richmond.

It's pretty simple... You get 4 points for a win and nothing for a loss. You don't get extra points for a win against a top 8 side.

I guess Geelong must be pure crap ... they haven't beaten a single side above them all year.

Teams want consistency .. Richmond was last years wooden spooner. From a development stand point you want your team to be beating the sides there about's around them on the ladder.

Why on earth someone would use such flawed logic like you only beat 1 side in the top eight. That would be why they are higher on the ladder.. they are better. That would also be why Richmond are 9th because they are better than those below them, literally they beat them all this year.

Yesterday's coach....? That doesn't even mean anything. If you think Ratten is a better coach than Matthews then you're extraordinarily deluded.

A fair few of those named are pretty ordinary :eek:

based on the other nights game ..Ratten was by far the better coach ...expect him to move further away from poor old Leigh who has lost touch with todays football .

Excuse me?

I think you better check what I said. TBH I'm flattered so many of you still hang on my every word.

As for not paying up on bets, I'll let my track record speak for itself there. If you want to lecture people on not paying up on bets, save your lecture for fellow Carlton supporters like Deej, TheHeatleyStand, Penatrator, Barry QC, Lonesome77, . . . etc

Relevance? :rolleyes:

The relevance is that you are having a crack at us for not making the finals, and that we shouldnt be happy with what has been achieved n 2008. The fact is we have improved significantly this year, and WILL make the 8 next year, with a view of jagging a flag in 2010 or beyond.

My bet is that we will get a flag in the next 3-4 years. Something that your mob couldnt do with what was generally agreed was the most talented group in the AFL oer that time.

As for your bet about the ten memberships, you have basicaly shown your intent to not go through with it with your reference to other Carlton supporters on this forum. Mate I really couldnt care less if you do or you dont, however the reason I have bought it up is because you are so often having a crack at our footy club, whether it is warranted or not, when the club you support really hasnt achieved anything bar 1 premiership since its inception (no VFL flags either from memory). Those in glass houses shouldnt throw stones. It is opposition supporters such as yourself that will make our 17th flag such a joyous occassion. And it is coming, just a matter of time. Go Blues.

Carltank supporters are the only ones who actually think they've got any promise. They had a soft draw (only playing Hawthorn for the first time in Round 22!!!!!) and had a miraculous run of injuries, Fev played out of his skin (but was dominated by the Lions, they worked him out, next year Fev will be a dinosaur). Look for another bottom 4 finish for the Bluescum next year, and then sit back and watch as they eat their own yet again.

I would say our draw was fairly balanced mate, you are right in that we only played the top 2 teams once but you seem to forget that we only had the opportunity of playing the bottom 3 teams once also. Convenient memory? I would think so.

As for the rest of your post, mate given that we re so crap, how the hell couldnt you hold a 32 point lead with 30 minutes to go on Sat night, given that you were at home, and had a finals spot still in your grasp! Bitter much? :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As for your bet about the ten memberships, you have basicaly shown your intent to not go through with it with your reference to other Carlton supporters on this forum
WTF? Intent?

LMFAO, you're calling me out for not paying a "bet" I won? :D

You lot never cease to amaze and entertain.

And FWIW, it wasn't a bet.

I made a statement, backed it with hard earned, and was proven correct.

Thanks for bringing it up. :thumbsu:

As for the rest of your post, mate given that we re so crap, how the hell couldnt you hold a 32 point lead with 30 minutes to go on Sat night, given that you were at home, and had a finals spot still in your grasp!

But that's the thing you're forgetting - according to the OP you're the "best team outside the 8"!! I am disputing that, and refuting it. You're changing it on it's head to suit your argument.

WTF? Intent?

LMFAO, you're calling me out for not paying a "bet" I won? :D

You lot never cease to amaze and entertain.

And FWIW, it wasn't a bet.

I made a statement, backed it with hard earned, and was proven correct.

Thanks for bringing it up. :thumbsu:

Its not won yet mate...you gave us a game and percentage, if the Lions beat Sydney and we get over the line, we will be in that tolerance. So based on your previous post, does that mean you will buy those memberships? I dont think so.

I come on these boards to talk footy, and would prefer to keep the discussion civil. I challenge you to prove otherwise.

You were saying? :D

But that's the thing you're forgetting - according to the OP you're the "best team outside the 8"!! I am disputing that, and refuting it. You're changing it on it's head to suit your argument.

I couldnt give a rats whether we are the best team outside the 8 or not. The challenge is to get in the finals next year and start competing for a flag. Having said that, the improvement has been great.

Carlton supporters are the only ones who actually think they've got any promise. They had a soft draw (only playing Hawthorn for the first time in Round 22!!!!!) and had a miraculous run of injuries, Fev played out of his skin (but was dominated by the Lions, they worked him out, next year Fev will be a dinosaur). Look for another bottom 4 finish for them next year, and then sit back and watch as they eat their own yet again.

You say in your previous thread that I am changing things to suit my argument, yet you forgot to note also that we didnt play the bottom three twice either . We will improve next year mate, and will make the 8, unless something unforseen happens (injuries etc). You must be absolutelly devestated that this will happen, given what happened on Sat night...that is the relevance of what I was saying.

Huh?

Do you seriously believe you're still a chance for finals? :D

Wasnt what you said mate, you said we wouldnt get close, it was then discussed what was close, you said a game and percentage would be close enough. Bad memory pal? Or perhaps convenient?

Wasnt what you said mate, you said we wouldnt get close, it was then discussed what was close, you said a game and percentage would be close enough. Bad memory pal? Or perhaps convenient?

I think you better read what I wrote again . . . then try and tell me Carlton were close to making finals.

FFS, you were out of the finals race with at least 2 weeks to go in the season (I'd argue it was even longer than that). The season isn't even over and you're already out of contention - that's not close to making finals. :rolleyes:

Paul Roos is considering resting players this week. It souldn't surprise me if Hawthorn did the same. The finals are set and you're not even close.

Jeez . . . deluded much?

I think you better read what I wrote again . . . then try and tell me Carlton were close to making finals.

FFS, you were out of the finals race with at least 2 weeks to go in the season (I'd argue it was even longer than that). The season isn't even over and you're already out of contention - that's not close to making finals. :rolleyes:

Paul Roos is considering resting players this week. It souldn't surprise me if Hawthorn did the same. The finals are set and you're not even close.

Jeez . . . deluded much?

Whatever mate, my God you are obsessed.

You are wrong pal, but thats ok, this is not life and death.

All the best JD, amazing that you have so much hatred towards a footy club, probably not a healthy thing.

Go Blues!

Remove this Banner Ad

Carlton are easily the best side outside the 8

Remove this Banner Ad

Back