Carlton are easily the best side outside the 8

Remove this Banner Ad

Well, it will prove the OP, that you are the best team outside of the 8. And I am challenging you to put your "money" where your mouth is. So far, only ONE Blues supporter has signed up, even though HEAPS have responded. Pretty weak.

I dont care if we are the best team outside the 8.

Whether we are or are not the best team out of the eight is irrelevant.
The fact we are not a premiership chance in 2008 is the only thing that matters and has ever mattered to Carlton. This is what we at Carlton strive for, nothing less is accepted.

Whether we are or are not the best team out of the eight is irrelevant.
The fact we are not a premiership chance in 2008 is the only thing that matters and has ever mattered to Carlton. This is what we at Carlton strive for, nothing less is accepted.

Before generalising as you have done, you should probably should look at the many fellow Carlton supporters in this thread who are desperate for your side to be acknowledged as the ninth best in the competition.

Before generalising as you have done, you should probably should look at the many fellow Carlton supporters in this thread who are desperate for your side to be acknowledged as the ninth best in the competition.

Mate given how bad we have been over the last 6 years, is that any surprise? Especially for the younger supporters? I can guarantee however those in the inner sanctum arent trying to become the best team out of the 8, or even trying to get in the 8 (although that is the next step), they are well and truly focussed on number 17!

LOL.

Carlton had more wins in 2004 from memory or at least equal. Then they fell away again, or perhaps the lure of pick 1 was to much.
speaking of falling away, how you doin up in brisbane?

anyway, i haven't read the whole topic but being best team outside the 8 is nothing to be proud of, i think our supporters are just happy at the massive improvement this year from last. not just how many games we have won, but the performances all round on and off field gives hope for the future and you can tell by the amount of anti-carlton, opposition supporters are starting to feel threatened once again. thats when you know a club is doing something right.

Carlton may or may not be the best team outside the eight.Who Cares.
As long as we compile a list that will bleed blue, thats all I care about. The mighty Blues are putting all the processes into place that will enable them to have a decent crack at our 17th flag.
Richmond , Brisbane, Essendon you can have the title the best team outside the 8. We don't wan't that Title.

Go The Blues!

Richmond will end the season, having only defeated one side above them on the ladder (assuming they finish higher on the ladder then Brisbane)

Well we beat you guys and drew with the doggies, so thats preety much 2 out of the top 3. For a side that finished spooners last year, you could argue that its looking more promising.

Well we beat you guys and drew with the doggies, so thats preety much 2 out of the top 3. For a side that finished spooners last year, you could argue that its looking more promising.

you guys beat us once and we beat you guys once... also i completly and utterly disagree that you guys look more promising as carlton have been rebuilding for 5 years now and have a string of top draft picks together .. however i do believe richmond will be a very competitve side next year even more so than this year. but as for winning a flag in the next 5 years we have richmond on toast

(Log in to remove this ad.)

speaking of falling away, how you doin up in brisbane?

anyway, i haven't read the whole topic but being best team outside the 8 is nothing to be proud of, i think our supporters are just happy at the massive improvement this year from last. not just how many games we have won, but the performances all round on and off field gives hope for the future and you can tell by the amount of anti-carlton, opposition supporters are starting to feel threatened once again. thats when you know a club is doing something right.

Well you'd hope after years of recieving high draft picks and having the luxury of one of the best players in the comp falling into your lap that sooner or later Carlton might slowly go north on the ladder. In 2004 from memory Carlton won 11 games and then fell back into usual form. In case you haven't realised the Lions have won the same amount of games as your rabble and we are still higher on the ladder.

Remove this Banner Ad

Carlton are easily the best side outside the 8

Remove this Banner Ad

Back