Carlton chasing Ashley Hansen

Remove this Banner Ad

I have to be blunt here, I would rather a piece of sh*t on our list than Hansen. Pretty harsh i know, but he is the softest big bloke i've seen play for a long time. Cant take a contested mark to save himself and his mobility is disgraceful. I'd be filthy if we traded for this soft, injury prone hack.

Oh in case you cant tell, I really dont rate him!

Appreciate someone taking the time to put some thought into it...I was with you all the way up until throwing up Browne's name as a trade (plus a sweetener???). Browne was a third round pick who has shown plenty...a big part of our future plans.

The more that gets written the more doubtful I am of this trade happening. The combination of age, injury and form concerns is simply too much to overcome.

Look Browne is a tidy player and I like the way he goes about his football. I wouldn't prefer to let him go. But you've got to look a the big picture. We'll go close to playing in a prelim this year which means our proverbial "window" opens next year.

Now whilst the window itself will be open for 4-6 years, the most likely parts of it are the first couple of years (whilst Fev and Judd are still at their peak), and probably the last two (when Krezuer, Hampson, Gibbs and Murphy have peaked, supported by a young Yarran and a few others.

So if you want to maximise the chance of pinching one at the beginning of our window (like Hawthorn) rather than stuffing around for the first four attempts (like Port or the Cats) you need a plan B if our preferred KP options aren't around come GF day.

Could Browne play CHF in a finals series like Hansen has? - no.

Can he be used to pinch-hit somewhere along the spine freeing up another player to play CHF like a Gibbs, Walker, Grigg, or even an Anderson could ? - No

Does he had a particularly damaging physical attribute that we lack, like Garlett's speed or O'Keefe's raking left boot? - No, he's just a tidy player who is reasonably hard at it, and doesn't make too many mistakes.

For those reasons, I could live with letting Browne go.

Juddy's all for getting Hansen so he obviously knows "something" about the guy.I have faith in the Juddstar, after all he was one person that saw talent in Hampson before it became obvious to alot of people including myself!!:thumbsu:

A relative of mine had a function on tonight and was fortinate enough to have a chat with fev who also attended this function. Not quiet sure what this function was about, but he asked fev if judd was legit about this "hasen trade"
Fev told him this in these adzact words
"yeh mate, there playin the kids.. he'd be in there 22 anyday"
"Will go for him"
quiet intresting.. hansen a blue in 2010?

Juddy's all for getting Hansen so he obviously knows "something" about the guy.I have faith in the Juddstar, after all he was one person that saw talent in Hampson before it became obvious to alot of people including myself!!:thumbsu:

Gave a nod to AJ early in the piece as well.

A relative of mine had a function on tonight and was fortinate enough to have a chat with fev who also attended this function. Not quiet sure what this function was about, but he asked fev if judd was legit about this "hasen trade"
Fev told him this in these adzact words
"yeh mate, there playin the kids.. he'd be in there 22 anyday"
"Will go for him"
quiet intresting.. hansen a blue in 2010?
You lost me there.

'Carlton 09' might want to address some of those grammatical concerns.

Carlton would be mad not to chase Hansen for a late draft pick. Does the national draft go into the 7th round?

Gave a nod to AJ early in the piece as well.

I remember that.

Is there anything Judd can't do?

I believe the function lastnight was a small (100 ppl) "blue believers" function where they raised 75,000 or 750,000 (can't remember which).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

imagine if we got chris judd for like a number 3 draft pick and a kid? oh wait a second WE DID>!!!!!!!!!!:D:D:D

Juddy's all for getting Hansen
Source?

I seem to recall last year "Juddy all for getting [inset Kerr or Cousins name here]" and its all but done.

Turned out to be nothing.

Do you know this for a fact?

Haha! 10 pages devoted to the useless talent that is Ashley Hansen

Soft as butter, couldn't mark the footy even if you gift wrapped it and velcroed it to his chest.

Cant see the footy club being interested to be honest.

Haha! 10 pages devoted to the useless talent that is Ashley Hansen

Soft as butter, couldn't mark the footy even if you gift wrapped it and velcroed it to his chest.

Cant see the footy club being interested to be honest.

Sounds like he'd be a perfect fit at Freo the way you describe him. ;)

Sounds like he'd be a perfect fit at Freo the way you describe him. ;)

I'm actually a Blue's gal, but being in Perth and a Freo member post more on their board. Causes less tension to list Freo, and yes I know thats a cop out but so much easier to avoid confrontation!

I've seen alot of Hansen first hand in the WAFL this year, let me assure you all he is a hack and should not be pursued.

the options we have now are better than hansen. setanta, kreuzer, waite...and others to back up that up.

lets get serious and bring in browne or riewoldt:p

I'm actually a Blue's gal, but being in Perth and a Freo member post more on their board. Causes less tension to list Freo, and yes I know thats a cop out but so much easier to avoid confrontation!

I've seen alot of Hansen first hand in the WAFL this year, let me assure you all he is a hack and should not be pursued.
No worries. :thumbsu:

if we want an injury prone forward i would rather trade for hentschel at lest he knows how to kick a goal before he got injured he kicked 42goals in 19 games. hansens best is 24goals in 20 games in 05.

if we want someone who cant get a game how about ebert(port) 56 goals in 25 games in 07. we need to add quality to our forward line not just height.

i would rather see this line up next year than have hansen on our list

hf murphy yarran robinson
f betts fevola garlett

Hansen was a good player a few years ago and the fact that he can't get a game atm is more to do with WCE getting games into their kids. That being said, if we are going to trade for a key forward (and I think that is a pretty good approach), there are probably better options out there than Hansen. I don't know a lot about Mitch Thorpe from Hawthorn (nor does anyone since he is always injured) but he was a very early draft pick and will always struggle to break into a line up with Franklin and Roughead. There are others of course but I think that Thorpe, at least on the surface, makes sense.

Also, on "The Teams" last night David Parkin said that he expects Carlton to make a massive play at getting Kennedy to come back to the club when his contract finishes. I don't think he was saying this based on any inside information but was just sharing his view. You would think that a Kennedy trade would be pretty unlikely since he is starting to really look like a star and seems to be enjoying his footy at WCE but you never know....we can but dream.....

Also, on "The Teams" last night David Parkin said that he expects Carlton to make a massive play at getting Kennedy to come back to the club when his contract finishes. I don't think he was saying this based on any inside information but was just sharing his view. You would think that a Kennedy trade would be pretty unlikely since he is starting to really look like a star and seems to be enjoying his footy at WCE but you never know....we can but dream.....
........it's Goddard all over again.........:D

JK sounded VERY happy to be home. Is becoming a star at his new club.....and isn't about to do us any favours. We pushed him out when he didn't want to go.

WCE would bend us over majorly to do the deal.....something like first round pick + bower.

Won't happen. Let go. The pain will pass with time.....and with each 50m lace out pass from Judd to Fev......:thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Carlton chasing Ashley Hansen

Remove this Banner Ad

Back