Resource Carlton Football Club Team List and Contract Status

Remove this Banner Ad

2023 List & Contract Information
Note:

This thread is for official announcements only.

Please direct all discussion to the relevant player threads - click on the player name below to be redirected!

NumberNameContract ExpirySource2023 ListNotes
1Jack Silvagni2025HereSenior
2Lachlan Cowan2026HereSenior
3Jesse Motlop2025HereSenior
4Oliver Hollands2026HereSenior
5Adam Cerra2025HereSenior
6Zac Williams2026HereSenior
8Lachie Fogarty2026HereSenior
9Patrick Cripps2027HereSenior
10Harry McKay2030HereSenior
11Mitch McGovern2025HereSenior
12Tom De Koning2025HereSenior
13Blake Acres2027HereSenior
14Orazio Fantasia2025HereSenior
15Sam Docherty2025HereSenior
16Jack Carroll2024HereSenior
17Brodie Kemp2025HereSenior
18Sam Walsh2026HereSenior
19Corey Durdin2026HereSenior
20Elijah Hollands2026HereSenior
23Jacob Weitering2031HereSenior
24Nic Newman2025HereSenior
25Jaxon Binns2026HereSenior2 year contract extension
27Marc Pittonet2027HereSenior
29George Hewett2025HereSenior
30Charlie Curnow2029HereSenior
31Harry Lemmey2025HereSenior1 year contract extension
32Matthew Carroll2024?HereRookie
33Lewis Young2026HereSeniorAssumed 2 year trade contract
34Rob Monahan2025HereInt Rookie Cat B
35Billy Wilson2025HereSenior
36Cooper Lord2025HereMSD Rookie (A)18 month contract
37Jordan Boyd2026HereRookie (A)
38Sam Durdin2024HereRookie (A)
39Alex Cincotta2025HereRookie (A)2nd year rookie contract
40Hudson O'Keeffe2026HereRookie (A)Assumed 1 year rookie contract
42Adam Saad2025SeniorConfirmation required
43Ashton Moir2026HereSenior
46Matthew Cottrell2027HereSenior
Nick Haynes2025HereSenior

2023 LIST SIZE
SENIOR32
CAT A ROOKIES4
SSP ROOKIES2
CAT A INTERNATIONAL ROOKIE0?
CAT B INTERNATIONAL ROOKIE1
CAT B ROOKIE0

New - Nick Haynes

Jack Carroll
Sam Durdin
Matt Carroll

Jack Silvagni
Jesse Motlop
Adam Cerra
Mitch McGovern
Tom De Koning
Sam Docherty
Brodie Kemp
Nic Newman
George Hewett
Harry Lemmey
Cooper Lord
Alex Cincotta
Adam Saad
Rob Monahan
Orazio Fantasia
Billy Wilson
Nick Haynes

Lachlan Cowan
Oliver Hollands
Zac Williams
Lachie Fogarty
Sam Walsh
Corey Durdin
Elijah Hollands
Jaxon Binns
Lewis Young
Hudson O'Keeffe
Jordan Boyd
Ashton Moir

Patrick Cripps
Blake Acres
Marc Pittonet
Matthew Cottrell

Charlie Curnow

Harry McKay

Jacob Weitering

Last edited by a moderator:
Wouldn't read to much into that as Kreuzer is signed until end 2015 and Gibbs until end 2014.

That's just the journo making something out of Malthouse stating that Kreuzer and Gibbs are non-negotiables.

I figure this is the reason, and I know we shouldn't be expecting anything else from the Hun, but that is really appalling journalism.

I guess we should just get used to it.

Why would we be signing Kreuzer to more years when he has another 2 left on his contract? :)

Because in 2 years time Kruze will be the best ruck in the league and will be a free agent and will be being offered more money than Buddy :p

But seriously, why not try resign both now before the volchers come and drive up their price ;)

NO WAY. UH HUH. Eddie can't go anywhere. I'll lose it.

I can't see Eddie going anywhere MEB, but if that $600k is correct then he is asking way too much.
Given that he's predominantly a small forward that spends small bursts in the midfield, the best he could hope for would be maybe $400K per year.

Betts wants $600k/pa!!! WTF? If I was being a smart@rse I would suggest that Betts wasn't even the best small forward in the TEAM!

But seriously though, he is one of the league's best small forwards and is proven over a number of years. Can kick up to ~50 goals in season and is still young, is showing some pinch-hitting skills in the midfield, so he would be quite valuable.

What do we think is a fair amount for Eddie? What would a player like Stephen Milne cost? Setting aside rape allegations and the fact that we all hate him, what would be a fair salary to entice a player of that (on-field) calibre to Carlton. Surely Milney would be on $500k+. Eddie's salary would/should be in the same ballpark?

Or is it irrelevant? Because of our surplus small forwards, are we better off underbidding for Betts and if he walks, we spend the money where it would better benefit us (KPPs, young mids etc)?

450K max for Eddie, particularly when small forwards are a dime a dozen. Eddie, move into the midfield and smash it and/or stand-up under finals intensity = 600k a year.

If he is trying to drive his price up through the free agency, I would suggest that he go and talk to Campo about when he tried to drive his price up in the final years of his career...

He looked good in red and black when we finally released him to go and join Essendon*.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can you see a situation where Betts could be best on in a Grand Final and we not win?

Not really. But it has happened before. Ablett in 89, Maurice riolli in 1982 and others

I prefer to see one of our midfielders or Kruezer get a Norm smith - far more probable that we won the game

Well at Collingwood it means the player knows they have the upper hand and would like to make the club sweat a bit.
Or they are so happy that they will be getting the **** out of that shithole and are just putting off telling Eddie Everywhere until there is a time when they are both together on tele and they can get a slowmo of his head exploding :D

hope its ok to post here ... I have a healthy love hate relationship with Carlton ... Dad is Carlton and me Richmond and we would bet a few beers on the games .. needless to say he is now an alcoholic and i have almost forgotten what beer tastes like :)

I hope you do hang on to Eddie if you can ... he has been the most dangerous forward in recent years ... goal kicking nimble forwards who can also pull down a big mark are much rarer than good midfielders.

Someone will offer him what he is asking so you will need to decide what you are willing to pay to keep him.

On our forum and others they question his asking price too but I am sure they would all be smiling if they could pick him up ... I know i would ... have loads of respect for his skills ... he has bent us over once or twice :)

hope its ok to post here ... I have a healthy love hate relationship with Carlton ... Dad is Carlton and me Richmond and we would bet a few beers on the games .. needless to say he is now an alcoholic and i have almost forgotten what beer tastes like :)

I hope you do hang on to Eddie if you can ... he has been the most dangerous forward in recent years ... goal kicking nimble forwards who can also pull down a big mark are much rarer than good midfielders.

Someone will offer him what he is asking so you will need to decide what you are willing to pay to keep him.

On our forum and others they question his asking price too but I am sure they would all be smiling if they could pick him up ... I know i would ... have loads of respect for his skills ... he has bent us over once or twice :)
No club will part with $600,00 a year for a small forward.

or thrice, or....

Eddie a priority for Blues
CARLTON has dismissed reports that small forward Eddie Betts will only remain at the club if offered a long-term contract worth $600,000 a season.

"That's certainly not the case," Blues general manager of football operations Andrew McKay said.

"I'm not interested in talking about any figures, but certainly he's a required player and we're keen to sign him up as soon as we can.

"We're talking at the moment. We've got a couple of other little contracts that we're completing now, but he's definitely the priority."
Eddie a priority for Blues

Hope the other contracts are Lucas, Watson, Buckley, Bootsma and McInnes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Resource Carlton Football Club Team List and Contract Status

Remove this Banner Ad

Back