Resource Carlton Football Club Team List and Contract Status

Remove this Banner Ad

2023 List & Contract Information
Note:

This thread is for official announcements only.

Please direct all discussion to the relevant player threads - click on the player name below to be redirected!

NumberNameContract ExpirySource2023 ListNotes
1Jack Silvagni2025HereSenior
2Lachlan Cowan2026HereSenior
3Jesse Motlop2025HereSenior
4Oliver Hollands2026HereSenior
5Adam Cerra2025HereSenior
6Zac Williams2026HereSenior
8Lachie Fogarty2026HereSenior
9Patrick Cripps2027HereSenior
10Harry McKay2030HereSenior
11Mitch McGovern2025HereSenior
12Tom De Koning2025HereSenior
13Blake Acres2027HereSenior
14Orazio Fantasia2025HereSenior
15Sam Docherty2025HereSenior
16Jack Carroll2024HereSenior
17Brodie Kemp2025HereSenior
18Sam Walsh2026HereSenior
19Corey Durdin2026HereSenior
20Elijah Hollands2026HereSenior
23Jacob Weitering2031HereSenior
24Nic Newman2025HereSenior
25Jaxon Binns2026HereSenior2 year contract extension
27Marc Pittonet2027HereSenior
29George Hewett2025HereSenior
30Charlie Curnow2029HereSenior
31Harry Lemmey2025HereSenior1 year contract extension
32Matthew Carroll2024?HereRookie
33Lewis Young2026HereSeniorAssumed 2 year trade contract
34Rob Monahan2025HereInt Rookie Cat B
35Billy Wilson2025HereSenior
36Cooper Lord2025HereMSD Rookie (A)18 month contract
37Jordan Boyd2026HereRookie (A)
38Sam Durdin2024HereRookie (A)
39Alex Cincotta2025HereRookie (A)2nd year rookie contract
40Hudson O'Keeffe2026HereRookie (A)Assumed 1 year rookie contract
42Adam Saad2025SeniorConfirmation required
43Ashton Moir2026HereSenior
46Matthew Cottrell2027HereSenior
Nick Haynes2025HereSenior

2023 LIST SIZE
SENIOR32
CAT A ROOKIES4
SSP ROOKIES2
CAT A INTERNATIONAL ROOKIE0?
CAT B INTERNATIONAL ROOKIE1
CAT B ROOKIE0

New - Nick Haynes

Jack Carroll
Sam Durdin
Matt Carroll

Jack Silvagni
Jesse Motlop
Adam Cerra
Mitch McGovern
Tom De Koning
Sam Docherty
Brodie Kemp
Nic Newman
George Hewett
Harry Lemmey
Cooper Lord
Alex Cincotta
Adam Saad
Rob Monahan
Orazio Fantasia
Billy Wilson
Nick Haynes

Lachlan Cowan
Oliver Hollands
Zac Williams
Lachie Fogarty
Sam Walsh
Corey Durdin
Elijah Hollands
Jaxon Binns
Lewis Young
Hudson O'Keeffe
Jordan Boyd
Ashton Moir

Patrick Cripps
Blake Acres
Marc Pittonet
Matthew Cottrell

Charlie Curnow

Harry McKay

Jacob Weitering

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys, quick question. I was just looking over your 2012 list and I keep counting 42 players on the senior list. I thought all the other non-expansion clubs are limited to 40? Was there a reason for this?
Our website's playing list should not be used. Never gets updated. We have 4 live picks in the draft, 3 rookies likely to get upgraded too.

Lol I highly doubt I just uncovered a scandal. I'm just interested in why it's the case. Btw I'm talking about the list coming into the 2012 season.

OK fine. In that case - on the senior list you'll find O'Keeffe, Curnow, Casboult and Tuohy who were all rookie listed players for us in 2012. Take those 4 off and you get 38 players.

Rohan Kerr has signed on to play for the mighty West Perth in the WAFL for 2013 alongside his former Carlton team mate Steven 'suitcase' Browne.

We've got over the hurdle this year in retaining our list but next year could be very interesting for us, with so many players out of contract.
Of course the TPP goes up but at a distance it still looks like we're preparing for plenty of movement.
It's too early to start one of those delist/trade threads but here's the players out of contract in 2013

Top Tier:

Judd
Carrazzo
Henderson
Betts

Next Tier:

Lucas
Bootsma
Armfield

Bottom Tier:

Buckley
Rowe
O'Keeffe
Davies
Dale
White
Joseph
Ellard

Uncertains: (We don't know what contracts were given to these players this year)

Watson
Laidler
McCarthy
Mitchell
McInnes
Duigan
Curnow

Whichever way, we have a lot of work to do to keep our list together or prepare for many departures. Another tough year?

i just cant visualise these ppl leaving

McCarthy refused a trade to Port this year too - Port were chasing him to come home but Carlton and Pat were not willing to move. If he starts getting some game time that will help fight off future trades.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unlike this year, it looks as though there will be plenty of room to make moves at the end of next season, should we wish to go down that path.

Too early to analyze it in any great depth - but Rowe, Davies, White, Joseph and Ellard need to really put their foot forward next year or they may find themselves on the football scrapheap.

Scotland will more than likely retire, I would imagine.

Unlike this year, it looks as though there will be plenty of room to make moves at the end of next season, should we wish to go down that path.

Too early to analyze it in any great depth - but Rowe, Davies, White, Joseph and Ellard need to really put their foot forward next year or they may find themselves on the football scrapheap.

Scotland will more than likely retire, I would imagine.
Agree and Duigan would be another!

Based on Harkers list I foresee a minimum of four delistings, plus the probable retirement of Scotland. Depending on what happens in 2013 that number could be as many as eight, but more than likely, will be around the six mark.

All these players have the potential to be solid AFL players, but the decision to delist will rest on team balance and the limited space on the list. 2013 is obviously the year for those fringe players to show their worth, and we all know the final year of a contract brings out the best in a player. The pressure to perform should be a real plus for the Carlton team in their push for the finals.

My best guesses are:

Top Tier:

Judd - retained
Carrazzo - retained
Henderson - retained
Betts - retained

Next Tier:

Lucas - ??? depends on form and opportnity (probably retained)
Bootsma - retained
Armfield - retained

Bottom Tier:

Buckley - retained (too young and too much upside to delist)
Rowe - ??? depends on form and opportnity (probably delist)
O'Keeffe - ??? depends on form and opportnity (probably delist)
Davies - ??? depends on form and opportnity (probably delist)
Dale - retained (too young to delist? New short term contract)
White - retained (looked solid back half of 2012. Delisting depends on his injury status in 2013)
Joseph - gone (others will have passed him by in 2013)
Ellard - gone (probably too much competition for his spot)

Uncertains: (We don't know what contracts were given to these players this year)

Watson - retained (unless he lacks opportunity and seeks a trade)
Laidler - retained
McCarthy - retained
Mitchell - retained (given 1 year contract to prove his potential)
McInnes - retained (given 1 year contract to prove his potential)
Duigan - in the balance (depends on his 2013 form)
Curnow - in the balance (can he add new strings to his bow or become ultra hard insider in 2013?)

CFC website officially updated playing list.
Delistees like Bower, Thornton and Kerr removed - interesting enough Collins is still there, indicating that he's probably more than likely going to be redrafted.

It seems weird that Curnow is still on the rookie list after what he's shown, yet we've put two untried midfielders and raw teenagers straight onto the senior list. Ditto for Tom Bell who has re-signed, but is still a rookie. It's been an interesting period with our list management. :confused: :p

Maybe those kids have far better upside than Ed?

Ed is a trier and gives 100% but he was only getting games as a tagged in the end.

Temay and Graham might have more upside, but I was specifically referring to list management. All things considered, Curnow, Bell, Dale and O'Keeffe arguably stand a better chance to play senior footy in the next year or two. I like the picks, but I'm not expecting a lot. Posted last week that Ben Jacobs must done a Luke Ball and put a fair price on his head to get to pick 37. Hope Temay justifies our faith.

Remove this Banner Ad

Resource Carlton Football Club Team List and Contract Status

Remove this Banner Ad

Back