Carlton formally request Priority Pick

Remove this Banner Ad

By merely asking for a priority pick Carlton is further enhancing a long-held erosive club culture which suggests they are never prepared to do the hard work to become a great club. They always look for short cuts and easy fixes - sometimes illegal ones as we've seen in the past. Carlton need to follow St Kilda's and the Bulldogs' example of recent years - bottom out, work hard to rebuild and invest in a strong culture. They should not be seeking hand outs, leg ups and short cuts.
You're over-thinking it.

What a joke of a club carlton are.

Hey afl, we have 3 #1 draft picks on our list, we won a final in 2013 but yeah, we want a PP.
Don't we keep getting reminded that we didn't deserve that berth, shouldn't have been there, and were never good enough to make anything of it?

AFL needs to focus on the Lions who are falling apart will not survive or do anything in near future without assistance. Need either pick 1 or 2 if that means Kruzer doesn't get a top 2 pick that's fine, if it means giving lions a priority pick and not carlton that's also fair enough. Lions need to the be first order of business, because carlton at the end of the day have pick 1 and pre season pick 1 and some players they cant trade.. not all doom and gloom.

mfw Carlton are forced to beg for help

giphy.gif

This is getting stupid, but the blame should be on the AFL and its farcical compo system.
Clubs are forced to meta-game by the system. Who can blame either club for trying their luck?

Total ‘pie in the sky’ stuff but…

If they happen to get this PP (and others may have mentioned/thought this in the past) I think that with Carlton looking at three picks in the first five or six the PP should have to be traded on.

They are missing a real gun and I reckon they should be forced to make a trade for said gun or the pick then becomes a second or third rounder which they can use in the draft.

FWIW, I’m not saying this with my Bombers hat on and Carlisle likely going there. IMO he’s not worth a top 10 pick with the current situation.

With a couple of top picks in the draft that should set them on the right course for a few years down the track but in the short term, it’s not going to stop them from being around the bottom rungs again in 12 or 24 months’ time.

It doesn’t necessarily have to be what I mentioned verbatim but something similar I think would be beneficial for:
· a player that might want to come home to Vic/start afresh,
· the club losing the player gets a great return instead of potentially losing them cheaply in a year or two,
· Carlton fans get something to cheer them up (along with Cripps & their top picks) next year,
· The AFL, as the chance of this occurring again is minimised from a more competitive team

I think Richmond should as for a priority pick too. Two reasons.
Least successful team since the inception of the AFL.
Carlton played in the same elimination final in 2013 and won. So we should get the pick before them.:D

But seriously, the AFL have become a joke of an organization. They need to get rid of compo picks and priority picks and introduce a weighted lottery for the bottom 6 teams. All problems solved.

I think Richmond should as for a priority pick too. Two reasons.
Least successful team since the inception of the AFL.
Carlton played in the same elimination final in 2013 and won. So we should get the pick before them.:D

Wow. You can't just ask for a priority pick. What a joke your club is. An absolute rabble. On hands and knees...you should be embarrassed.

AFL needs to focus on the Lions who are falling apart will not survive or do anything in near future without assistance. Need either pick 1 or 2 if that means Kruzer doesn't get a top 2 pick that's fine, if it means giving lions a priority pick and not carlton that's also fair enough. Lions need to the be first order of business, because carlton at the end of the day have pick 1 and pre season pick 1 and some players they cant trade.. not all doom and gloom.
Why give a pick to the lions? Until this year they have finished above Dees, Saints & Dogs for the prior 3 years. 1 truly bad year doesn't mean you deserve a PP. Have another 3 and then maybe apply.
How many years since you won 3 grand finals?
Pathetic Club.

everyone needs to just chill out. this is all just political fun and games. no one is getting extra picks. carlton is just making sure that if the AFL wants to bend it's rules, it bends them evenly lol. here's what the draft will look like when it's all said and done:

1. carlton
2. brisbane
3. gold coast
4. essendon
5. st kilda
6. melbourne
etc etc etc

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great trolling by the CFC!

Cynical move and a smart move. We don't deserve it. We won't get it. But we're making the AFL accountable here.

Whatever they do, they're going to have to explain the **** out of.

Why give a pick to the lions? Until this year they have finished above Dees, Saints & Dogs for the prior 3 years. 1 truly bad year doesn't mean you deserve a PP. Have another 3 and then maybe apply.
How many years since you won 3 grand finals?
Pathetic Club.
Get off it lol, i'm not saying give the lions one i'm saying they NEED a top 2 pick.. carlton cannot get pick 1 and 2 or pick 1,2,3 for that matter. Lions have not made finals other than 1 since they won their flags. I understand dogs haven't won a GF since stone age but doesn't mean that the fact lions won 3 in a row doesn't mean anything now

Really? Surely this is just a Brisbane did it so we will too.

If Kreuzer gets Band 1 compo and Berger too.

Brisbane also are granted a PP.

Draft order would be as follows:

Pick 1 - Carlton (PP)
Pick 2 - Brisbane (PP)
Pick 3 - Carlton
Pick 4 - Carlton (Compo)
Pick 5 - Brisbane
Pick 6 - Brisbane (Compo)

Haha..

The AFL will just give Carlton an over compensation for the loss of a free agent to disguise it

We absolutely deserve one and if anyone disagrees then they don't get it... If Hawthorn and the Saints deserve one in the early 2000s then we do. We certainly deserve one over Brisbane who finished ahead of us this year.

We absolutely deserve one and if anyone disagrees then they don't get it... If Hawthorn and the Saints deserve one in the early 2000s then we do. We certainly deserve one over Brisbane who finished ahead of us this year.
Wow one year... they haven't made finals in ages or done anything of note. They keep losing players the club needs assistance. Carlton just a lazy club who doesn't have the people in charge to make a good charge up the ladder.. just keep crying asking for help getting murphy, kruzer, judd, gibbs, walker and other top tier picks and doing nothing.

Don't deserve one. Kept too many players past their use-by-date on the list and now the AFL should bail them out?

Blind Freddie could have told you their list was well below standard about 2 seasons ago.

Sets a poor message if they do receive one, they will never learn to stand on their own feet.

Man up Carlton, you're a disgrace.

Rules have changed. No one's ever getting a PP ever again, unless (touch wood) eg. a plane crashes.

Cynical move and a smart move. We don't deserve it. We won't get it. But we're making the AFL accountable here.

Whatever they do, they're going to have to explain the **** out of.
It's a "secret formula that is too complex to explain"...
They don't have to explain anything. Haven't you realised that yet?

This is simply covering off a Brisbane PP to shaft Carlton out of Weitering + Schache. They cannot give Brisbane a PP for 11 wins over 2 seasons when Carlton has only had 11 as well. Excellent move by the club to ensure we either get Pick 1, 2 or Pick 1, 3, 4. If we didn't ask for it Brisbane was always getting one to cover off the Kruezer Compo pick which would have left us with Pick 2, 3.

Now for the AFL to gift Brisbane Schache they will have to gift carlton 3 of the top 4 picks, locked in no Priority picks awarded this year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Carlton formally request Priority Pick

Remove this Banner Ad

Back