Carlton formally request Priority Pick

Remove this Banner Ad

We know what they're doing. The fact remains that the AFL continually display that they don't have to explain anything to anyone. They make up the rules as they go along. They can easily give Brisbane a PP and not give one to Carlton citing recent finals success (2013) and Brisbane's situation with losing playing personnel coupled with poor on field performance.

Many dont know. They think this is a genuine handout request. It is a cynical chess move.

They already covered this saying its not as simple as money. Market dictates and so on so if they don't want you having it you won't get it
They covered nothing, its based on age/salary with a side dosing of what suits their agenda. Only extreme bias can deny carlton Band 1 compo and even that they would struggle to do with the coin offered.

They covered nothing, its based on age/salary with a side dosing of what suits their agenda. Only extreme bias can deny carlton Band 1 compo and even that they would struggle to do with the coin offered.
End of first round at best. Krooz isn't in the top 5 in his position in the league

Didnt you WIN a final just 2 years ago? I would rather give another one to Melbourne before Carlton.
Melbourne haven't finished above 12th since 2006.
Brisbane haven't finished above 12th since 2009.
Carlton WON a final in 2013.
Hmmmmmmmmm. Do Carlton deserve a priority pick? Hmmmmmmm.

They might have won a final but they didnt finish in the top eight!

For the first time in my life I agree with James brayshaw picks 1-18 shouldn't be touched you get your pick were you end up. Academy players and free agency compo comes from 19 and over that's fair

Are you dirty on your club at all for it's lack of self respect?
For me it would be about pride.

Perspective. We know we aren't getting a PP but we also know the AFL media are manouevring to get Brisbane what they want.

I feel we are highlighting the absurdity of it all. If I thought we were genuinely chasing a handout, I would feel differently.

tumblr_inline_nueckxPCZ01sjlr1j_400.png

I think the fact Carlton beat Port Adelaide makes me think Port deserve a Priority Pick.

Carlton also beat Gold Coast who then went on and drawed to us so I think we should get a priority pick aswell.

Essendon beat Hawthorn so the Hawks probably deserve one too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm just giving an example of what the AFL may say. I'm not saying it is correct. If you read my earlier post I said that there should be NO PPs or COMPO PICKS.
And all I am saying is this "Asking for a PP" by carlton simply makes it harder for the AFL to manipulate the result they want without looking like the so called "secret formula" is in fact based on no facts at all and just what they feel like at the time.

Lets face it, we already know that is how both PP's and Compo are decided. The only thing stopping complete bias is a hint of media/public pressure.

Don't believe we deserve or should get one, but then nor should Brisbane, so if the rule is there, its in the clubs best interest to ask for it. Would be stupid of the club to not request it, especially since Brisbane are doing the same.

Cynical move and a smart move. We don't deserve it. We won't get it. But we're making the AFL accountable here.

Whatever they do, they're going to have to explain the **** out of.

Exactly.

Carlton are just exposing the flaws in the priority pick and compensation systems, as well as the AFL's double standards and constant tampering with the integrity of the competition. The AFL have completely mismanaged this.

Carlton know the 16 other clubs will hound the AFL not to give them nor Brisbane a priority pick, the Blues are just rallying the troops to their cause to stop Brisbane getting a priority pick. But the trade off will have to be that neither Carlton nor Brisbane get band 1 compo for Kreuzer/Leuy.

I think the fact Carlton beat Port Adelaide makes me think Port deserve a Priority Pick.

Carlton also beat Gold Coast who then went on and drawed to us so I think we should get a priority pick aswell.

Essendon beat Hawthorn so the Hawks probably deserve one too.

Priority picks for everybody!

We can call it Round 1 of the National Draft. Huzzah!

I can't feel entirely good about your post until you change the wording 'drawed to us' however. Another priority pick if you fix that one.

Perspective. We know we aren't getting a PP but we also know the AFL media are manouevring to get Brisbane what they want.

I feel we are highlighting the absurdity of it all. If I thought we were genuinely chasing a handout, I would feel differently.
There are multiple problems here. The resting of players in the final round skewed results. The AFL allowing this to happen, has meant that Brisbane ended up beating a side that could win the flag. This led them to leapfrog Carlton on the ladder. The compo situation then meant Carlton is looking at off loading Kreuzer to get pick 1 & 2. Neither of these situations should have been allowed to occur but the AFL have got themselves into this situation with these stupid rules. It is a farce.

everyone needs to just chill out. this is all just political fun and games. no one is getting extra picks. carlton is just making sure that if the AFL wants to bend it's rules, it bends them evenly lol. here's what the draft will look like when it's all said and done:

1. carlton
2. brisbane
3. gold coast
4. essendon
5. st kilda
6. melbourne
etc etc etc

Exactly. No-one believes that Carlton SHOULD or WILL get a PP, but with all the smoke being blown into the air that Brisbane (who finished above Carlton and just beat a finalist last week) is a chance of getting one then why wouldn't Carlton apply for one too. Since 2012 the only thing separating the two sides during the regular season has been an extra win in 2012 and 2013 and percentage in 2014 and 2015. Both sides have lost a number of players to other teams, signifying retention issues at both clubs, and most people will argue that Brisbane have a stronger list than Carlton. When all this is considered then why wouldn't Carlton protect their ladder position by applying for a PP too ??? If the AFL are determined to give Brisbane extra picks then how could just justify NOT giving Carlton extra picks too ???

Brisbane getting Band 1 compensation for Luey was also pushed in the media as a way to gi ve the Lions a leg up, so they could get picks #1 and #2 in the draft. No issue there until Brisbane suddenly jumps ahead of Carlton on the Ladder and Kreuzer is the more likely ruckman to earn Band 1 compensation. All's good when it is helping out Brisbane (and the AFL's interstate interests), a giant injustice when it is happening to Carlton.

When push comes to shove neither Luey or Kreuzer will get Band 1 compensation, neither clubs will get a start of 1st rd PP. The draft order will be the reverse order of the ladder and the only side looking at an extra 1st rd selection will be Adelaide is Patty leaves. Everything else from now until then is just hot air to stir up clicks on websites and advertisement revenue.

SOS worried he doesn't have the whole first round this time lel
But he's the great savior with his outstanding recruiting abilities, you cant expect him to do that with out at least the first 4 picks in the draft, I mean Carlton have always been up front and honest in their drafting, never looking for short cuts, so it's only fair:drunk:

Remove this Banner Ad

Carlton formally request Priority Pick

Remove this Banner Ad

Back