Carlton formally request Priority Pick

Remove this Banner Ad

There are multiple problems here. The resting of players in the final round skewed results. The AFL allowing this to happen, has meant that Brisbane ended up beating a side that could win the flag. This led them to leapfrog Carlton on the ladder. The compo situation then meant Carlton is looking at off loading Kreuzer to get pick 1 & 2. Neither of these situations should have been allowed to occur but the AFL have got themselves into this situation with these stupid rules. It is a farce.

Let's remember that Kreuzer has a contract to sign with Carlton. We didn't make any other club turn his head. We are not forcing him out the door despite paranoia to the contrary.

Pathetic frauds

Entre+pillos+anda+el+juego+USA+1983+1.jpg

Let's remember that Kreuzer has a contract to sign with Carlton. We didn't make any other club turn his head. We are not forcing him out the door despite paranoia to the contrary.
I haven't seen his contract. However, all Carlton have to do is offer him way under what most would say he is worth and they know he'll turn his head as a result.

I haven't seen his contract. However, all Carlton have to do is offer him way under what most would say he is worth and they know he'll turn his head as a result.

Haha ... what most say he is worth. This will be good. Do tell. :D

I have a feeling Carlton and Brisbane are going down the Melbourne path - ask for a priority pick, kick up a fuss when it gets denied, then get compensated with a top 3 pick through Free Agency.
I see your point and agree this is likely, but unfortunately for Carlton Melbourne had a legitimate case for a priority pick while they do not. Carlton won a final 2 years ago. Melbourne haven't played finals in close to a decade.

I agree that this is just posturing to put the AFL in a really difficult position (which is really their own fault for the debacle last year of pick 3 for Frawley; we should've just been given an end of first rounder PP and band 2 compo for Chip), but I expect it will backfire horribly and neither club will get a PP nor band 1 compensation.

Exactly.

Carlton are just exposing the flaws in the priority pick and compensation systems, as well as the AFL's double standards and constant tampering with the integrity of the competition. The AFL have completely mismanaged this.

Carlton know the 16 other clubs will hound the AFL not to give them nor Brisbane a priority pick, the Blues are just rallying the troops to their cause to stop Brisbane getting a priority pick. But the trade off will have to be that neither Carlton nor Brisbane get band 1 compo for Kreuzer/Leuy.

Glad to see someone gets it.

In a way i'm actually pleased that the club has done it, its the type of move the smarter operators like Eddie etc pull all the time, and i sit back wishing my club had the smarts/balls to do.

And you lost one of those finals to our terrible pathetic club requesting a PP. Hahahahha
That game did more to destroy Carlton than Richmond, it gave the Blues more of their false hope and delayed the rebuild they needed by two years, so while were playing in another final your rabble are woodenspooners, worked out well for you didn't it:$

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I see your point and don't agree but, unfortunately for Carlton, Melbourne had a legitimate case for a priority pick while they do not. They won a final 2 years ago. Melbourne haven't played finals in close to a decade.

I agree that this is just posturing to put the AFL in a really difficult position (which is really their own fault for the debacle last year of pick 3 for Frawley; we should've just been given an end of first rounder PP and band 2 compo for Chip), but I expect it will backfire horribly and neither club will get a PP nor band 1 compensation.

I'm not saying Melbourne didn't have a legitimate case for a PP. Just that I think Carlton are trying to do the same thing - ask for one (they won't get it) then get a top 3 pick for Kreuzer.

Or you could undertake a real rebuild like we have and like St Kilda are doing right now. We got ****ed by just about everything possible during our rebuild yet we managed to rebuild in just 3 poor seasons by just running the club professionally. Yet we were never in discussions for a pick.

Example. He has been on say $500K. He is coming into his prime. They offer him $350K. You don't need to know the exact numbers but you know my drift.....
If you believe the articles, Frawley needed 4x years at $625k to scrape into band 1. $500k for Kreuzer, who is older than Frawley at the same time, would not get band 1.

They set a precedent last year and that'd be Frawley's contract. It has to pass that threshold.

I'm not saying Melbourne didn't have a legitimate case for a PP. Just that I think Carlton are trying to do the same thing - ask for one (they won't get it) then get a top 3 pick for Kreuzer.
Yep, sorry, had a few typos in my original post. I put a "don't agree" where I intended an "agree." :p

I think everyone is on the same page on this issue. You'd think clubs would know by now not to ruffle the AFL's feathers. This is clearly a tactic to put them in a difficult position; when was the last time that ended well for a club?

Example. He has been on say $500K. He is coming into his prime. They offer him $350K. You don't need to know the exact numbers but you know my drift.....

Oh good. Well that hasn't happened.

We haven't offered a pay rise for coming into his prime as we have laboured while he was injured for 2 years but we haven't offered anything with a 3 in front of it either.

Remove this Banner Ad

Carlton formally request Priority Pick

Remove this Banner Ad

Back