Carlton Forums Training Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

168625_175063155866157_129090267130113_381350_4404839_n.jpg

Mitchell was there, photographic evidence

I thought Ellard added a bit to Carlton as a defensive mid last year, how's he looking pre-season?

By all accounts he has added significantly more bulk over this pre-season, perhaps with an eye to becoming more of an inside mid. TBH, I think he will be relegated to the reserves should most of our mids be up and running.

But I think you're right, he certainly added something to the side towards the 2nd half of 2010

By all accounts he has added significantly more bulk over this pre-season, perhaps with an eye to becoming more of an inside mid. TBH, I think he will be relegated to the reserves should most of our mids be up and running.

But I think you're right, he certainly added something to the side towards the 2nd half of 2010
Bentick mkII you think? Tough, dedicated, defensively reliable, but not up to the pinnacle level if your best are all on the paddock...

Bout right. I'm pleased we gave him the chance this year though....we now know he's a capable depth player :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought Ellard added a bit to Carlton as a defensive mid last year, how's he looking pre-season?
Always looks good on the track - haven't been down to be honest, but he's ever the professional at training.

Has a more complete game than Bentick I believe, but really, could fill that type of role - a role we are crying out to be filled.

I agree with what has been said so far about Ellard. He's a hard worker and does all the right things, and he could come in and not look out-of-place in our lineup. However, with a fully healthy team, I don't see him cracking the senior lineup unless a few midfielders have some form slumps. With that said though, as far as depth players go, Ellard is pretty good.

Certainly added something to our midfield in the second half of the year

Although playing midfield, he isn't competing with Murph, Judd, Scotland etc for a position, he's competing with the "in and unders," like McLean for a midfield position.

If he's the only one capable of releasing Judd from doing less of the grunt work in 2011, then he'll play

^^ Also kind of looks like a male Sandra Bullock?
..:eek:

Ahem, What I came on to say however, is what I saw of the Ellard boy last year as an outsider, is he appears to have pretty good 'crunch-time' skills, one of those who have a strong will and real belief in themselves.

LOL!

Omg I fink Hampson must have a groin injury because of Megan Gale!!! :eek: :eek: :D :D

Well... something definitely pulled his groin and caused his premature end to the preseason workouts...

If Megan had a hand in that, then she is a naughty girl and deserves a damned good hammering

Well... something definitely pulled his groin and caused his premature end to the preseason workouts...

If Megan had a hand in that, then she is a naughty girl and deserves a damned good hammering

[YOUTUBE]Qh2sWSVRrmo[/YOUTUBE]

Remove this Banner Ad

Carlton Forums Training Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back