Media Carlton in the Media (articles, podcasts etc) - Part IV

Our club in the Media

Remove this Banner Ad

Didn’t know where to put this but just read Ben McKay has a bone stress fracture and will miss the start of the season for North. Meaning he is yet again not going to line up on Harry. The conspiracy continues!

Not sure if it's been posted before (apologies if so)

Note:
1) Jonathan Brown, Jordan Lewis, Mark Robinson with Sarah Jones
2) Nothing that hasn't already been said before in various places in various ways

I don’t get how these people keep saying we can’t fit TDK, Pitto, Charlie and Harry in the team… Melbourne won the flag with McDonald, Brown, Gawn and Jackson. I mean most premiership teams play with these sort of set ups. Hawthorn played with buddy, Roughead, hale and another ruckman I forget. Geelong had Hawkins, Blicavs, Cameron and Stanley. Charlie and harry are also extremely nimble for their size and TDK is nimble for a ruckman as well. Make it make sense.. I don’t get how this is actually a problem. They all need to play games together and I would pencil them all in for round 1. I don’t even see it as a questionable decision as well.

I don’t get how these people keep saying we can’t fit TDK, Pitto, Charlie and Harry in the team… Melbourne won the flag with McDonald, Brown, Gawn and Jackson. I mean most premiership teams play with these sort of set ups. Hawthorn played with buddy, Roughead, hale and another ruckman I forget. Geelong had Hawkins, Blicavs, Cameron and Stanley. Charlie and harry are also extremely nimble for their size and TDK is nimble for a ruckman as well. Make it make sense.. I don’t get how this is actually a problem. They all need to play games together and I would pencil them all in for round 1. I don’t even see it as a questionable decision as well.
Only a problem because it compromises the selection of JSOS and for some that’s akin to treason.

Only a problem because it compromises the selection of JSOS and for some that’s akin to treason.
I really believe there’s some merit to this. However, it could still work with jsos in the team but we’d need to be more nimble down back which would mean Young would have to be replaced by someone who can zone off with speed and play in front. Hawks won the flag with three talls and 2 rucks. They had Brian lake as the lockdown and everyone else just zoned and played in front. Jsos would also have to kick around 35 goals to warrant selection though. He was tracking that way until he started playing 2nd ruck last year. It’s a big year for his football future actually.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any idea if tonight’s Reserves practice game is going to be streamed at all?
I couldn't find anything to suggest it. All there is in this article are the dates and locations; outside of that, they've not been terribly well publicized.

Still, check out Kayo or the AFL website if you've got it. They might have a stream hidden somewhere.

I couldn't find anything to suggest it. All there is in this article are the dates and locations; outside of that, they've not been terribly well publicized.

Still, check out Kayo or the AFL website if you've got it. They might have a stream hidden somewhere.
I couldn't find any mention of the game on Kayo. Might be out of luck.

Doc had 1 brownlow vote in his first 4 seasons shouldn't be in the team

Naughton and Walsh are the notable omissions

Conveniently the two players with the second most selections in the 22Under22 team of the year with 4 each. 😂

Sam was even named captain and vice captain. Baffling decision to omit him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Media Carlton in the Media (articles, podcasts etc) - Part IV

Remove this Banner Ad

Back