Opinion The 'Carlton related stuff that doesn't need it's own thread' thread Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

I just think the 2 years part was a bit ridiculous, I think we have a solid 5-6 years of contending if things all go to plan. Getting an influx of talent through F/S and some youngsters like Elijah, Ollie, Kemp etc while our core players are in their primes. Cripps will be the big one we have to find a way to cover but still think we have a great list demographic with the Campo's and Walker coming in soon.
Gresham too.

On SM-F946B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Nah, it’s actually based on points for and against over the season.

Whether it’s luck or whatever, it’s actually very accurate.

Let’s just stay under the radar though, they’ve all forgotten (or have chosen to ignore) just how decimated we were earlier in the season especially in the backline

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

lol, so percentage... which is what I said...

Nah, it’s actually based on points for and against over the season.

Whether it’s luck or whatever, it’s actually very accurate.

Let’s just stay under the radar though, they’ve all forgotten (or have chosen to ignore) just how decimated we were earlier in the season especially in the backline

It's accurate after a season. It's not a predictor whatsoever. It's hindsight measuring being applied predoctively.

Squiggle does this but better, i.e. more accurately, accounting for form and trends throughout the season.

We were 4th on the below last week, climbing steadily.

There are other predictive tools on Squiggle that are more powerful still.

View attachment 2036978
They gave up on squiggle for not being accurate enough....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't mind Lewis to be honest..he's far from being the worst and has the runs on the board to back up what he says.

I did like the part where they were talking about St Kilda. Lewis was talking about King, him not praising a team mate for a great tackle and what this says about the team culture. This was contrasted with one of Orazio's goals, with plenty of our boys getting around him, then Charlie running straight off the bench and running straight to Fantasia. Something small but it was a huge contrast
I notice in Geelong game stengle not getting much love whatsoever.

Stress less folks. It just feels right. I said in April and I'll say it now. We've got this! Synergy, our list, our love for each other, our ability to score rapidly...there are no doubts what so ever. I've found peace with the club and i'm loving everything about us.

Their premiership window is for sides ranked top 6 for points scored and points against as averages.

It's based on the whole year

It's somewhat meaningless as a better indication is what sides are doing the last 4-6 weeks of the season
The problem with it is unless all teams have played each other it is not a like for like comparison

Stress less folks. It just feels right. I said in April and I'll say it now. We've got this! Synergy, our list, our love for each other, our ability to score rapidly...there are no doubts what so ever. I've found peace with the club and i'm loving everything about us.
And we love everything about you Bubble Boy!

I just think the 2 years part was a bit ridiculous, I think we have a solid 5-6 years of contending if things all go to plan. Getting an influx of talent through F/S and some youngsters like Elijah, Ollie, Kemp etc while our core players are in their primes. Cripps will be the big one we have to find a way to cover but still think we have a great list demographic with the Campo's and Walker coming in soon.
I, a grown man much Crippa’s senior, will shed a tear when that man retires.

That's a remarkable about face from your pre-season proclamation of "I don't trust us and I believe that we'll be in crisis by round 6 this season".

Again, my point is we had underachieved significantly and have the list of talent that should have been making finals well before we did. Yes, I didn’t trust them because they hadn’t earnt that through their actions over multiple seasons. A half a season in 2023 when we rode an Hawaii type wave does not change that.

This year, I have come to trust them. The amount of injuries earlier this season was absolutely ludicrous and like last year we would have been 4 and 9 if not for a new found intestinal fortitude born out of the last half last year. If you look at the results earlier in the season most games could easily have gone the other way, and last year they would have.
The way we were winning them also, mainly off turnover instead of our one wood, after showing absolutely nothing of that style working throughout the preseason was what really made me think the mindset had finally changed.
Next man up became a real thing, not a motto.

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion The 'Carlton related stuff that doesn't need it's own thread' thread Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back