Carlton in the Media (articles, podcasts etc)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just saw Eddie interview Ratts and he asked him how it felt when the "Carlton faithful turned on him and wanted him sacked in call back and on the internet".....well Eddie, the Collingwood faithful may do that, but the Carlton fans that called for Ratts to be sacked are far from the "faithfull".

Sadly for blues fans many people did turn on him. Go look for the threads on this board alone.

After I watched that interview, I was reminded why Channel 9 sacked Eddie from the CEO position. He's not the brightest spark. His interview "technique" is outright embarrassing. Rather than let the interviewee speak, he keeps interrupting them and trying to paraphrase them for some bizarre reason - perhaps he just wants to be the centre of attention. He keeps missing points being made.... just terrible. Eddie needs to accept that his career glass ceiling is being a Game Show host.

:)

Sadly for blues fans many people did turn on him. Go look for the threads on this board alone.

Oh I know there were plenty of people that turned on him, but i dont think many were the "faithful".

There were also many on here very much looking forward to Ratts and Judd holding up 18.

Richo on Insider at the moment. Interesting to see what he says about our intensity.
Just watched it, Was really dissapointed with his response to last nights performance.

The footy insider panel made some good points about our current weakness's with some hard hitting facts.

We are the 18th side in the AFL for clearances for the past 4 rounds:eek:

He kept replying to there suggestions with head in the sand answers such as

Panel - "in the clearances last night there were times when 5 st kilda players were around the ball & only 2 carlton players to be seen with the rest on the outside running forward waiting for the receive"

Alan - "Oh i don't think thats a problem more just our midfield spreading & expecting advantage from our ruck dominance"

I mean FFS! seems like our coaching panel is going out all guns blazing with this SPEED tatic, this is not going to work when teams flood our forward line and make the game a hard fought contested match, We need to learn to hunt & gather the hard ball then spread and turn the burners on. ATM we are spreading too early & too many players are waiting on the outside before we have possesion of the ball.

Robbo has to be the biggest dick commentator in teh media an absolute boofhead.

We were killing them in the first quarter on teh score board and man on man. Anyone who says that we were soft is a indjot.

BUT

we were also making a ton of unforced errors and horrible passes to disadvantage from clearances and also horrible kicks into 50. Thsi let em back into match from there

we didnt get better - they did.

fancy our chances against Adelaide.

Just watched it, Was really dissapointed with his response to last nights performance.

The footy insider panel made some good points about our current weakness's with some hard hitting facts.

Panel - "in the clearances last night there were times when 5 st kilda players were around the ball & only 2 carlton players to be seen with the rest on the outside running forward waiting for the receive"

Alan - "Oh i don't think thats a problem more just our midfield spreading & expecting advantage from our ruck dominance"

I mean FFS! seems like our coaching panel is going out all guns blazing with this SPEED tatic, this is not going to work when teams flood our forward line and make the game a hard fought contested match, We need to learn to hunt & gather the hard ball then spread and turn the burners on. ATM we are spreading too early & too many players are waiting on the outside before we have possesion of the ball.

Yeah I was shocked that he said it wasn't a concern how they outnumbered us at the stoppage so consistently but rather we were disappointed with our ball use. Like seriously, if you are going to be outnumbered at the stoppages like we were no wonder you get smashed in the clearances and will be chasing tail all night.

I can't work out why we just let them dictate the stoppages, they just kept the ball in close and wanted to play a contested game of footy. We didn't want any of that.

Yep we're spending it before we get it. Hope Paul Williams isn't so flippant about this problem

Morning ladies and gents, others:

Carlton only highlights from the St Kilda v Carlton round 7 match
[youtube]JHHOKYZYr8E[/youtube]

AFL match highlights (if you missed)
[youtube]/Rb5nRecPk58[/youtube]

In case you missed it already:
Brett Rattens press conference post match
[youtube]RlyeUdAM098[/youtube]

On the Couch review
[youtube]lobx9WAAwM4[/youtube]

Footy Classified review
[youtube]uXkPDBAi9c4[/youtube]

AFL 360 review
[youtube]QkQmfdtWUv4[/youtube]

AFL Insider review with Alan Richardson
[youtube]YN5_espDBH8[/youtube]

Brian Taylor spends a day behind the scenes at Princes Park (fox half time)
[youtube]R-FkOvDPZgs[/youtube]
(well be up in about half an hour from this post)

Richo sounds a lot like Malthouse. Listen to him talk without looking at the screen and it is hard to tell them apart.:eek:

CARLTON great Mark Maclure has urged the Blues to throw Bryce Gibbs back into a tagging role to revive his season.

Blues coach Brett Ratten declared in the pre-season that Gibbs, 23, was ready to take the AFL by storm, but the No.1 draft pick has struggled to have an impact as a midfielder floating into defence.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/mor...gling-for-impact/story-e6frf9jf-1226358183879

You don't have to be Einstein to realise Gibbs is struggling. I think it's a bit of a copout when people say he's being played out of position etc.

In saying that, what does every1 reckon his best position is? I really can't tell you because he hasn't really excelled consistently in any role, which is disappointing for a number 1 draft pick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Carlton’s connection with English Soccer
Future Socceroos Goalkeeper Alex Cisak was a welcome visitor to a Carlton training session at Visy Park recently.

Originally from Tasmania, Cisak plays for Oldham Athletic in English Football’s League One Division and is a very keen Carlton supporter. At 22 years of age he is regarded as one of the top five goalkeepers for his age in the English leagues and has a big future ahead.

WalkerCisakunlimmm.jpg
Carlton’s connection with English Soccer

GET CISAK.

Another Hampson, Keeffe or Zac Smith. ;)

I agree with pretty much they just said ^^^

Seems like everyone can see what our problems are atm I just hope the coaching staff see it aswell!

Thursday Night Shows.
Further previews are expected Sunday morning.

AFL 360 - (probably the best and most extensive preview coverage)
[youtube]tmf7KuGsMmw[/youtube]

League Teams
[youtube]_XR9R0RImsc[/youtube]

Marngrook Footy Show
[youtube]taDIgslIeso[/youtube]

The Footy Show
[youtube]uJXVe3KAXEA[/youtube]

The Game Plan
[youtube]GRP4010p6OQ[/youtube]

Article in The Age suggesting a) Essendon showed everyone how to beat us and b) we really suck at Etihad.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/blues-home-is-their-hassle-20120519-1yxxq.html

True on both counts, in my opinion. Got to get Plan B sorted out, and fast. We all know our Plan A is irresistible and devastating when we're allowed to play it - but we desperately need a functioning Plan B. We keep flushing points away like last Monday and our season is a waste of time.

Gibbs needs to play across half forward line, not the half back line - he is so god damned good, him marking, creating space and directing traffic INTO the forward line is what we need - we have jammo and henderson who are like ROCKS with yarran streaming out of the back - Gibbs should be groomed to be the next wayne carey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back