Carlton Intra Club Match??

Remove this Banner Ad

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/carltons-season-is-up-up-and-away/story-e6frf9jf-1225829910223

"CARLTON coach Brett Ratten has enthused about his forward options post-Fev and after yesterday Blues fans can share in that enthusiasm.
In a 16-a-side intraclub practice match at Visy Park, Matthew Kreuzer, Shaun Hampson, Robbie Warnock, Setanta O'hAilpin and young Levi Casboult supplied the muscle up forward."

910292-mitch-robinson.jpg

:thumbsu: :thumbsu:

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/carltons-season-is-up-up-and-away/story-e6frf9jf-1225829910223
I was about ten seats to the left. :p

From the photo gallery on Carltonfc.com.au
Watching Warnock yesterday was a dream. He was brilliant in the ruck and got a bit of the ball too.

Same here, but to the right EBIAC

Anyone else see Scott West there?

Yeah I saw West there kicking the ball with his sons.

On Levi I really liked the kids attack on the ball and second efforts. Great to see a young kid really put his body on line to get the ball.

Yeah I saw West there kicking the ball with his sons.

On Levi I really liked the kids attack on the ball and second efforts. Great to see a young kid really put his body on line to get the ball.
There's credit to be given to everyone on the field in terms of hardiness. Nobody shirked contests.

I'm very happy with Fisher taking the grab on the half forward flank in the second quarter (I think). It was going out on the full, but he still went full stretch and didn't pull out because of the fence. He took it as it was. :thumbsu:

There's credit to be given to everyone on the field in terms of hardiness. Nobody shirked contests.

I'm very happy with Fisher taking the grab on the half forward flank in the second quarter (I think). It was going out on the full, but he still went full stretch and didn't pull out because of the fence. He took it as it was. :thumbsu:

Yeah was impressed with that contest. another player who looked like he was out there to prove somthing was grigg. He was pretty hard at it and give a few jumper punches to someone on the ground.

hilarious how people see things differently.
sure carrots muffed a few kicks but clearly the most dominant player on the ground.

He got a lot of the ball, but he just couldn't hit a target at all yesterday. When you add Murphy and Simpson back into that midfield, Carrazzo will slot nicely into the BP. You simply cannot play midfield in 2010 with disposal like his.

Judd did a few nice things but not any more special than anyone else.

Thought he was workmanlike yesterday.

Mitch took a screamer, hard at it both back and forward
Mclean was solid and looks to be a good addition
All defenders bower, jammo and thornton did what was required and looked great.
Henderson was quiet and probably showed up by arrowsmith who people kept thinking was henderson
Hammer looked a great tall target assuming no body contact was required.
Fish was ordinary dont believe the reports.
Betts the best of the indigenous boys, then garlett, then yarran no change on todays performance
Ruck contest was great primarily between warnock, jacobs and setanta. warnock probably the best at centre bounce although jacobs lost him aroumd the ground
sorry didnt feel setanta was this all dominant CHF..thoiught he struggled today
houla, scotland, walker looked great in patches certainties for rnd 1
Gibbs cool and precise in second gear all day
lucas not much, davies not much on hammer
Levi great mits kicking let him down
Kruze looked huge, unlikely to play next week after hurting his ear
Tiller = nothing and i hope those who were there today realise rok is no certain ones starter.
grigg ni and out

I wouldn't be too concerned about our first intra club match form. Good chance for the boys to blow some of the cobwebs out, and there were certainly some good signs. Warnock was ultra impressive - that mark running with the flight of the ball was excellent, and his work around the ground was impressive.

Steven Browne certainly put his hand up for round one - his field kicking was very very good.

Yellows vs Reds

Went along to the praccy match yesterday. Was fairly impresed with what the boys put on the table.
Mitchy's screamer was Jezza-esque.
Levi took some good grabs and looks like he could give us what we need? Walks will be missed in the NAB cup, he was looking very sharp.
Heath Scotland had a cool head as always, Juddy was on FIRE.
Carrots should have given it off quicker about a million times. I gess the good thing is though, hes getting it!

We should be alright. I think we're looking better than we have in previous years, and with no fev, we're not going to be as predictable. I hope we can flog the swans.

Few questions for anyone else that was there...

1. Who was number 7 for the reds? He played up forward and was presenting nicely, looked a bit of a ranga to me.
2. Why wasnt Dennis Armfield out there?

Re: Yellows vs Reds

You know, there's a thread dedicated to the intra-club match already?

Please mods, move this into the Carlton intra-club match thread

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have the Blues given up on Ellard the midfielder?

I've read reports that Ellard played as a backman yesterday.

The recruiting of Mclean will be his death sentence.

It's only an intraclub match, but it sounds like a good hitout with Murphy, Austin, Armfield and Waite still to play.

Pleasing to hear that Walker played well and showed that he's right for round one.

Walker and Eddie won't play next week. :(

What role is Ellard going to play in our midfield??

He spent a significant time on Betts in a BP. Could be his best shot at the top level.

He got a lot of the ball, but he just couldn't hit a target at all yesterday. When you add Murphy and Simpson back into that midfield, Carrazzo will slot nicely into the BP. You simply cannot play midfield in 2010 with disposal like his.

Wut? :confused::confused:

You need better disposal in the back half than in the midfield these days, a BP turnover will go straight sailing over your head for a goal and so many of the attacks are now set up from the backhalf. We need some of our very best kickers down there, no Carrazzo.

It's midfield or Bullants for him, he is a natural ball winner and can still get away with below-average disposal in the middle but not the backline.

the carrazzo's will be a dying breed in today's game.....the only role I see him is as a first dibs in and under.....with zone defences and crowded forward lines you want the ball in the hands of blokes who can pinpoint bullets.......walks kicking was encouraging, can't wait until yazz has the fitness levels to play through the middle, forwards will want the ball in his hands

Wut? :confused::confused:

You need better disposal in the back half than in the midfield these days, a BP turnover will go straight sailing over your head for a goal and so many of the attacks are now set up from the backhalf. We need some of our very best kickers down there, no Carrazzo.

It's midfield or Bullants for him, he is a natural ball winner and can still get away with below-average disposal in the middle but not the backline.

Carrazzo has shown that he can play pretty well on the smaller forwards of the AFL - Milne and Davis as an example. If he can do a shut down role, then I think he has a role in our 22. We have added Mclean to our midfield, Walker will be back, and on his form yesterday, Hadley will play a role for us this year. I just can't see Carrazzo playing through the midfield this year, and if he can do a shut down role, he may be worth persisting with in the BP.

People don't always notice his relentless movement, and forget how important that is to teammates holding the ball. He always provides an option - it's why he gets so much of the football. He keeps doing it even when everyone else goes back into their shells. That's why I think he'll be a regular for a long time yet.

I prefer Carrazzo as a defensive half forward on the Hodges and Gilbees. He plays this role very well and the running out of defense is fast becoming the most important area of the game.

Agree, could definitely be a real leader up-forward and has shown he can kick a goal or two (or three) and would definitely help-out by keeping the ball in the forward 50 for longer - would really complement Betts and/or Garlett; confident that with McLean and/or Hadley in the middle we can more better utilise Carrazzo up-forward. Hopefully we can quickly settle on the talls (leading and pack-marking) we're going to predominantly use up forward so that the group can get used to playing alongside one another.

Henderson our 3rd year top 10 pick sounds like he couldnt touch the ball in an intra club game not great signs.

As a bit of a comparison, Josh Kennedy in his 3rd season played 7 games (due to injury & poor form) in which he had 89 disposals, 46 marks & kicked 7.4. His 4th season (last year) he had 202 disposals, 110 marks & kicked 31.17.

Jonathan Brown's 3rd season saw him collect 230 disposals, 97 marks & kick 14.14. This was in the 2002 season, the second year of the Lion's 3-peat. Although he was playing at CHF, that is hardly a season to get excited about.

Bearing the above in mind & the fact that Hendo's pre-season has been interrupted by a knee injury, albeit a minor one, I wouldn't be slashing my wrists just yet.

Remove this Banner Ad

Carlton Intra Club Match??

Remove this Banner Ad

Back