Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Who will be better in 2025

• Carlton

• Collingwood

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

There really is no pressure on us at all. If we fail to beat the Saints then it just wasn't meant to be this year.

The team is crippled with injury problems everyone is writing us off, so this is a free hit as such.

We have nothing to lose and everything to gain.
No pressure?
You were second on the ladder after round 20, and a couple of average players got injured and your team completely shit the bed.

Yes you copped a couple more injuries to decent players in the last couple of weeks, but those chokes against Port and the Pies with very close to a full list were a complete failure from a team sitting second.

Not making finals after sitting second a month ago would be one of the all time epic failures.

There really is no pressure on us at all. If we fail to beat the Saints then it just wasn't meant to be this year.

The team is crippled with injury problems everyone is writing us off, so this is a free hit as such.

We have nothing to lose and everything to gain.
'No pressure at all... because there's always....'

NEXT YEAR!

You've done this shit before as well when one of your predictions backfired on you.

If one is prepared to make a total and utter spectacle of oneself, then one must be prepared to deal with the consequences of that.;)
I'm still extremely embarrassed that my prediction of Collingwood going through 2024 undefeated didn't eventuate....

No pressure?
You were second on the ladder after round 20, and a couple of average players got injured and your team completely shit the bed.

Yes you copped a couple more injuries to decent players in the last couple of weeks, but those chokes against Port and the Pies with very close to a full list were a complete failure from a team sitting second.

Not making finals after sitting second a month ago would be one of the all time epic failures.
Not to mention after more than 2 decades of building and rebuilding, in a year as open as any year in recent memory...

Unfortunately for Carlton supporters, it seems this team has peaked with a 5th placed finish in 2023, in the same way as they peaked with a similar finish in the early 2010's.

Oh well....

All I keep hearing and reading on socials is how 2024 is merely an aberration. Poor fixturing, short pre season, bad umpiring, injuries to key personnel, I heard enough.
As a wise man in here would say, there's always NEXT YEAR.
Bring on the new thread so those supporters can dwell on what could have been , over in that thread.
The 2024 thread should be officially closed. Carlton were better this year overall. Nighty night time for a nap after a long night shift

All I keep hearing and reading on socials is how 2024 is merely an aberration. Poor fixturing, short pre season, bad umpiring, injuries to key personnel, I heard enough.
Bring on the new thread so those supporters can dwell on what could have been , over in that thread.
The 2024 thread should be officially closed
. Carlton were better this year overall. Nighty night time for a nap after a long night shift

This is the “new” thread. :p

Look at the thread title.

Yeah, it's so disappointing that I don't get to watch my team contend for the premiership EVERY SINGLE YEAR.

Two Premierships.
Six Grand Finals.
Eleven Preliminary Finals.

Since 2002.

Lift Collingwood. LIFT.

Requires headline amendment so the collingwood nuffies are actually aware of the definition. They got no clue whatsoever , no clue
Or...

Maybe it needs a 'definition' to take any ambiguity out of it?

No clue....

I mean, do you Carlton folk honestly believe you have been better than Collingwood after finishing at best a game ahead (possibly equal), with two additional double up games against by far the two worst teams in the competition, and a 0 and 2 head to head record against us?

If so, you're more desperate than anyone could have imagined.

Requires headline amendment so the collingwood nuffies are actually aware of the definition. They got no clue whatsoever , no clue

Also needs a stickied post for all the Collingwood supporter rules for 2025. We don’t want to get July again and Magpie nuffies start saying that just because we played a club that finished 13th in 2024 twice in 2025 when that team is bottom, it’s an unfair advantage and the people that made the fixture in 2024 cheated in our favour for 2025. 😂

You know it will happen. So some rules would be nice.

Or...

Maybe it needs a 'definition' to take any ambiguity out of it?

No clue....

I mean, do you Carlton folk honestly believe you have been better than Collingwood after finishing at best a game ahead (possibly equal), with two additional double up games against by far the two worst teams in the competition, and a 0 and 2 head to head record against us?

If so, you're more desperate than anyone could have imagined.
Officially, collingwood have finished in the bottom half of the ladder. Carlton will finish higher. Carlton wins.
Enjoy Tijuana

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Also needs a stickied post for all the Collingwood supporter rules for 2025. We don’t want to get July again and Magpie nuffies start saying that just because we played a club that finished 13th in 2024 twice in 2025 when that team is bottom, it’s an unfair advantage and the people that made the fixture in 2024 cheated in our favour for 2025. 😂

You know it will happen. So some rules would be nice.
Mate, they were quick to bring out the excuses once clarity arrived about their finishing position. Kleenex shares went up by a fair bit according to my abacus

But noone has said that.

Was has been said is that Carlton have lucked out with their fixture by having played the two worst teams in the competition twice each.

It's a pretty simple fact, and allows the observer to take that into account when assessing which of the two teams have been 'better' over the course of a season. Particularly when one of those teams has a 2 - 0 head to head record against the other.

Mate, they were quick to bring out the excuses once clarity arrived about their finishing position. Kleenex shares went up by a fair bit according to my abacus

They have this uncanny ability to speak absolute bollocks at the right moment.

You're right, because Pies supporters aren't accustomed to seeing their team miss out on finals action.

Carlton supporters on the other hand have been programmed for over two decades that their season finishes in June, July or August...

Remove this Banner Ad

Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Back