Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Who will be better in 2025

• Carlton

• Collingwood

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

De Goey has burst power and pace, eats pies full of protein. Cripps has a real sweet tooth hence he’s fat and slow and gets exposed by the Collingwood midfield his entire career
Cripps with 6 pack abs vs Degoey who's weightloss program is a 10 day coke bender in bali... Interesting hill to die on

70 years is a better data set to talk about than 20 - but I guess the typical Collingwood supporter is either embarrassed about their own history of miserable failure and not able to count past 20 anyway..

Oh yes, the old "data set" defence, also known as; don't talk about this time period please, only talk about that time period!
It's interesting that bluebagger flogs keep bringing up the 12-15 team era.
Perhaps, Carlolton should examine the years 1945-95 more closely to rediscover the winning formula.
The blues haven't done any winning for close to 30 years...
Will the premiership 🏆 drought continue with the introduction of the 19th and 20th teams???

Absolutely nothing considering the 3-13 career record from Fatty Crippa
I suspect that record will start to shift in the other direction over the coming years, as some of your greats reach their twilight years, and there’s more of a reliance on DeBlowey etc. The poor Daicos boys can’t do it all.

I suspect that record will start to shift in the other direction over the coming years, as some of your greats reach their twilight years, and there’s more of a reliance on DeBlowey etc. The poor Daicos boys can’t do it all.
I suspect not especially when you consider he is almost 30 and 11 years into his career its 3-13

I suspect not especially when you consider he is almost 30 and 11 years into his career its 3-13
I don't think you've fully understood what I've written. I didn't say the end result would be even; instead, I suspect it will start to sway in the other direction over the coming years.

As the Mags and the younger Daicos will likely find out soon enough, it takes more than one gun player to succeed in a team sport.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think you've fully understood what I've written. I didn't say the end result would be even; instead, I suspect it will start to sway in the other direction over the coming years.

As the Mags and the younger Daicos will likely find out soon enough, it takes more than one gun player to succeed in a team sport.
I've understood what you've written, even in a rare year where you finish above collingwood it was still 0-2 for Fatty. Nick will continue to run rings around the blues for many years to come and Fatty will continue to be left in the dust

Collingwood's list management approach has worked pretty well for them in recent times, having played Preliminary Finals or better in 11 of the past 23 seasons.

How can you possibly compare Collingwood with 'Carlton arrogance of the 90's'?

Deluded.

Yep, worked for us too... until it didn't.

Ignoring the unofficial rules of equalization always catches up (except Geelong who are different due to having a monopoly on their location).

23 years is an odd timeline, I would say it's best to look at your strategy since the introduction of FA (start of 2013).

The only reason you bounced back up in 2022-2023 was due to some F/S & academy selections falling in your lap. If you didn't have access to them, you would've been stuck in mediocrity like you were in 2013-2017 (then again in 2020-2021).

Now, what? You're going to continue ignoring the draft & pray that superstars nominate you as their preferred club despite you having no currency or picks to play with and no guarantee of success with an ageing list? and the reason you have no currency or picks to play with is, well.. due to ignoring the draft.

You are absolutely deluded if you think Collingwood don't have serious list management issues on your hands.

I've understood what you've written, even in a rare year where you finish above collingwood it was still 0-2 for Fatty. Nick will continue to run rings around the blues for many years to come and Fatty will continue to be left in the dust
Of course he’s running circles around Cripps. Cripps is in there winning the hard ball.

Two different players.

Suck :poo: Collingwood.:D

457222959_3636372050009364_103997362100591951_n.jpg

He's hardly going to be staying put at a Pies team, that will be midtable at best in the coming years now is he?🤔

Remove this Banner Ad

Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Back