Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Who will be better in 2025

• Carlton

• Collingwood

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Never heard a more immature, pathetic, whinging pack of poor losers than a few of you Pies supporters. Continually acting like a child when things dont go how you want them to and trying to come up with any excuse possible for your clubs failure this season.
Look, it's better that they spend time on here posting nonsense than stealing Mercedes cars and crashing them.

You can point to Carlton being under par since 2002 or whatever, but we have a massive dormant supporter base that is waiting to crawl out from the woodwork.
Boasting about having a fair weather bandwagoner supporter base is an interesting approach.

Just found some remarkable footage of Grand Final day when Carlton last won a flag. Incredible buzz around town.

What is interesting about the video reference is that it coincided with 9 years AFTER the last time Collingwood beat Carlton in a grandfinal - let me do the arithmetic for you since the abacus boy has fled the scene of his failed troll thread...

1910 = last year Collingwood beat Carlton in a grand final. LOL😂😂
1919 = date stamp on video..

1919-1910 = 9 years.

PS that was 2024 - 1910 = 114 year ago!!!

What is interesting about the video reference is that it coincided with 9 years AFTER the last time Collingwood beat Carlton in a grandfinal - let me do the arithmetic for you since the abacus boy has fled the scene of his failed troll thread...

1919-1910 = 9 years.

We would of dominated the 1910s but we had an end of season piss up on the Titanic in 1912 that decimated our list

no problem that you out-performed us on the ladder. Congratulations! Now can you concede that we outperformed you on the field?
Really? Haha, How many ways can you find of avoiding admitting the simple fact that we had a better season than you did? This is awesome.

Are Carlton really better? Considering:-

- Both finished on around the same number of wins and Collingwood had a tougher draw having finished he premiers last year.
Collingwood defeated Carlton twice in 2024 including as recent as 4 weeks ago.
Collingwood has won 4 of the past 5 encounters.
Collingwood are reigning premiers. Carlton don't expect to be the ones to replace them 30 years on from their last flag.

I dunno. As a neutral when you dont ignore the totality of everything I reckon the pies have them covered in 2024 and recent times.

- Both finished on around the same number of wins and Collingwood had a tougher draw having finished he premiers last year.
Collingwood are reigning premiers. Carlton don't expect to be the ones to replace them 30 years on from their last flag.

I dunno. As a neutral I reckon the pies have them covered in 2024 and recent times.
They finished 8th. Don’t piss on their celebration campfire

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They finished 8th. Don’t piss on their celebration campfire
Remember after a few rounds there were proclamations that the dynasty of multi flags had began? Even guys ringing up SEN saying it was the best list on paper Carlton has ever fielded? 🤣

Not to mention some of the Carlton Journos... Screenshot_20240902_144650.jpg

Remember after a few rounds there were proclamations that the dynasty of multi flags had began? Even guys ringing up SEN saying it was the best list on paper Carlton has ever fielded? 🤣

Not to mention some of the Carlton Journos...View attachment 2098888
Sam McClure - Carlton’s Robbo with hair

I dunno. As a neutral when you dont ignore the totality of everything I reckon the pies have them covered in 2024 and recent times.
Yeah but one is playing finals and the other isn't, despite having the GOAT apparently. It's as simple as that.

Yeah but one is playing finals and the other isn't, despite having the GOAT apparently. It's as simple as that.
Finals mean nothing unless your premiers. If you ain't first, you're last. Pies fans know this.

You've won as many premierships as Fitzroy have since 1996. A big fat zero. At least Fitzroy have the excuse of not even existing. Carlton may as well have done the same. They'd have the same number of flags and preserved their dignity.

It's a sad sad story.

We’ve learnt over the past decade or so that if you don’t finish top 4 it’s delaying the inevitable. Bulldogs 2016 aside
Still valuable experience for the players, younger ones especially. No club would rather just miss out on finals than have a shot at them.

Still valuable experience for the players, younger ones especially. No club would rather just miss out on finals than have a shot at them.
You aint Hawthorn it shouldnt be about aiming for finals experience with your list age profile. The problem is a big chunk of your better players are old and any premiership window won't stay open forever. Just look at your injuries at times this year.

Before the start of next season, these are some of the player ages:-

Newman 32
Docherty 31
Cripps 30
Saad 30
Williams 30
McGovern 30
Martin 30
Acres 29
Hewitt 29
Fantasia 29
Curnow 28
Owies 28

1919-1910 = 9 years.

How can we beat you in a GF when you can’t make them?

Remove this Banner Ad

Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Back