Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Who will be better in 2025

• Carlton

• Collingwood

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Ok, let's cut to the chase here, Carlton supporters...

Yet another year has passed where Carlton have failed to contend for a premiership, making it now 25 years since Carkton have played in a Grand Final.

You have all accused me of trolling in my time on BigFooty, despite the fact I have consistently been accurate in relation to the fortunes of your football club.

If my analysis - fundamental imbalance in the list profile; Carrying far too many injury prone players on your list; clear inability to identify and develop talent outside of your first round picks; Lack of pace and basic skill - is regarded as 'trolling', where have Carlton gone wrong?

The old “ThReE fLaGs In 70 YeArS’ myth rears its ugly head again.

It’s 4 flags in 66 years, or 5 flags in 71 years.

1953, 1958, 1990, 2010, 2023. Carlton supporters need to learn to count properly.
The helpful flag counter in your signature should do well - although I'm not sure if they're aware it is actually possible to win a flag in the 2000s

5 in 71 = 1 Flag per 14 years. If that's mediocrity I have no idea what 0 in 30 is :tearsofjoy:

Lmao just seen the thread title has been updated - hilarious.

Some Carlton mod really watched their team almost go scoreless in a half for the first time in V/AFL history and thought "yeah that's mint, save changes"

Lmao just seen the thread title has been updated - hilarious.

Some Carlton mod really watched their team almost go scoreless in a half for the first time in V/AFL history and thought "yeah that's mint, save changes"

As you said you “just” saw the thread title has been updated. It changed 2 weeks ago.

As you said you “just” saw the thread title has been updated. It changed 2 weeks ago.
Fair bump there. But by what metric could Carlton have been considered better in 2024 other than only finishing 7% above despite drawing double ups on two bottom 4 sides ☠️

Not a soul would've feared facing them in finals, 2-0'd by Collingwood. Case is closed and at absolute best a draw since according to many Baggers over the years "if you're not first, you're last". Glorious thing we were first last year then !

Fair bump there. But by what metric could Carlton have been considered better in 2024 other than only finishing 7% above despite drawing double ups on two bottom 4 sides ☠️

Not a soul would've feared facing them in finals, 2-0'd by Collingwood. Case is closed and at absolute best a draw since according to many Baggers over the years "if you're not first, you're last". Glorious thing we were first last year then !

By the metric of “banter”. :p

We had a shit year, plain and simple. Went from 2nd to 8th in the space of about 8 weeks, lost to our arch rivals twice and trailed the EF 60-0. Wholesale changes need to happen to the playing list. A key back or 2, mids with speed, small forwards.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

By the metric of “banter”. :p

We had a shit year, plain and simple. Went from 2nd to 8th in the space of about 8 weeks, lost to our arch rivals twice and trailed the EF 60-0. Wholesale changes need to happen to the playing list. A key back or 2, mids with speed, small forwards.

The pressure on your coach next season will be immense.

Year 4.

A couple of early season losses and the glory days of camera crews sleeping out at Princess Park will be back.

The pressure on your coach next season will be immense.

Year 4.

A couple of early season losses and the glory days of camera crews sleeping out at Princess Park will be back.

Maybe we have double up against Richmond in Round 1 and 2. Get that out of the way, and a 2-0 start. 😂

Yet another year has passed where Carlton have failed to contend for a premiership, making it now 25 years since Carkton have played in a Grand Final.

You have all accused me of trolling in my time on BigFooty, despite the fact I have consistently been accurate in relation to the fortunes of your football club.

If my analysis - fundamental imbalance in the list profile; Carrying far too many injury prone players on your list; clear inability to identify and develop talent outside of your first round picks; Lack of pace and basic skill - is regarded as 'trolling', where have Carlton gone wrong?
You have just profiled your own football club. Well done

Last edited:

You were nowhere near accurate mate, Carlton 13th and Pies to win 3 in a row was way out.

To your credit you stayed solid in Carlton not being a contender even when everyone else was sucked in (they got me big time). So while the 13th-16th predictions were over the top, their second half of the season sort of fit that mould.

While I have you though, you were fairly boisterous in declaring Geelong well and truly out of finals calculations before the season started. With Collingwood near the top. So nobody's perfect. ;)

To your credit you stayed solid in Carlton not being a contender even when everyone else was sucked in (they got me big time). So while the 13th-16th predictions were over the top, their second half of the season sort of fit that mould.

While I have you though, you were fairly boisterous in declaring Geelong well and truly out of finals calculations before the season started. With Collingwood near the top. So nobody's perfect. ;)
Fadge's predictions were again delusiional but always good for a laugh

What you talking about Willis Expose a few young players ? You dropped them in favour of the old fossils this week. Docherty , great story and respects to him , but not ready to play , Crazy Vossy brings his Port Adelaide 2 time reject mate in Orazio Fantasia land , Mitch McGovern the spud 🥔 in. Zac Williams , not sighted. Drops Cincotta , who would have been perfect to make Zorko accountable and not run around free and set up attack after attack.your young up and comers Binns Moir , Carrol Lord. All performed well previous game. GONESKI. Dropped. The gift that keeps on gifting. Extend Vossy’s contract Blosers.
Think what I am talking about is pretty obvious - the question put was whether it's worse to make finals and not win one than just miss entirely. I understand the Pies fans on here want like anything to believe that's true but it's not.

And no we didn't drop all the young kids and you clearly didn't watch the last game or much of Carlton this year if you think some of the players who were dropped were good last week or ready for a final.

In that entire spiel the only thing resembling any sort of truth is that Cincotta should have played. The rest is (I hope) just an attempt to get some likes from your Pies brethren

Last edited:

Yes, you certainly have me there.

Though I did say there would be some very good teams miss the finals, and Brisbane were the only certainty to make them.

So I was indeed wrong about Geelong this year, and more than happy to be proven wrong.

But this thread is about Carlton, and interestingly I have no responses as yet to my question from the Carlton posters, aside from 'Nah, you were wrong', and 'I know you are so what are we?'

Fadge's predictions were again delusiional but always good for a laugh
Really?

Should we roll back to the discussion when I was refusing to install Carlton as a 2024 premiership contender when they were second on the ladder and second favourites for the flag just after the midpoint of the season?

So in hindsight, were Carlton premiership contenders in 2024?

Really?

Should we roll back to the discussion when I was refusing to install Carlton as a 2024 premiership contender when they were second on the ladder and second favourites for the flag just after the midpoint of the season?

So in hindsight, were Carlton premiership contenders in 2024?
Your reason for not calling them contenders is because they hadn't contended for a premiership yet. That makes it sound like the only way to be a contender is to make a GF as that is when you are truly contending for a flag. Given only two teams make it each year and your abacus believes everyone is a 1/18 chance of winning the flag it means every year you are a 8/9 chance of being right. Great odds

Remove this Banner Ad

Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Back