Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Who will be better in 2025

• Carlton

• Collingwood

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back to the olden days again. Are you aware you have 30 year of supporters with families who have never seen a premiership in their memory? It’s a very selfish outlook to have to constantly drag discussions back to those days to flex.
1987 was when the competition went national. It's where the modern era of footy starts for me.

So have Geelong.
Carlton two flags, Collingwood three flags, Geelong four flags and Hawthorn seven flags.

Your club is closer to us than it is the Hawks on my flags won since 1987 list.

The Hawks have taken both your club and my club to the cleaners in terms of flags won since 1987 sadly.
I suppose Liverpool have only won one more Premier League title than Forest Green Rovers. They’re pretty close!

Why is Voss getting a pass?
If you look at your coach's record, apart from half a year in 2023 it's been a big fail. Best spine in the comp plus Cripps is plenty for any coach to work with. Yet the Sum total equals less than the parts at Carlton. Game plan, system and "brand" clearly are not strengths under Voss. Selection issues too.
The best part about all this is the amount carlton supporters ragging on Hinkley and port on the numerous other threads .

They do realise Voss was Hinkleys 2ic for like 6 odd years?

I mean they went appointed and extended his side kick to run their football program!!

It’d be like trashing Batman for not being a good enough meanwhile having Robin as your favourite superhero

I suppose Liverpool have only won one more Premier League title than Forest Green Rovers. They’re pretty close!
Like Blackburn Rovers and Leicester City, Liverpool 2020 were a very good flash in the pan league winning team!:laughv1:

What a fantastic way to end the season. Beaten by a better team on the night while the Pies fans cheered from Cancun squealing about how tragically awful we are despite being better than they were all season!

Bring on the off season!
FANTASTIC way to end the season !!! Won 2 out of your last 10, the 2 wins coming against North and West coast.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I want a trophy.
Adidas L GIF by Sneakersnstuff

Three flags in seventy years, 1915, 1938, 1970, 1979 and 1981, losing a grand final to St Kilda, and their so called "all mighty team" finishing below an injury ridden Carlton team this year.

It was well worth denying them a finals spot, the facts are that finishing above Collingwood is a premiership in itself to Carlton.

I won't shy away from this fight i won't back down, Collingwood are a bigger joke of a club than Carlton!

It will take more than a replay win against St Kilda, and a corrupt umpiring influenced flag win to convince me otherwise!
If i offered you 2 wins against the pies, finish behind us only on percentage and then the pies go on to get absolutely humiliated in the final ? Would you take it ?
Every day of the week would be the answer, Carlton fans just don't have the testicular fortitude to admit to it.

Carlton two flags, Collingwood three flags, Geelong four flags and Hawthorn seven flags.

Your club is closer to us than it is the Hawks on my flags won since 1987 list.
The AFL era is when the competition was actually called the AFL: 1990 onwards. If your club has won multiple flags in time frame they have some kind of claim to being a relevant/successful side of the modern era. Yes, even if they were terrible for most of it like Richmond.

Hawthorn 5
Geelong 4
West Coast 4
Collingwood 3
Brisbane 3
Richmond 3
Sydney 2
Essendon 2
North Melbourne 2
Adelaide 2

Then there are Tier 2 sides, who have saluted once:

Melbourne
Port Adelaide
Carlton
Western Bulldogs

You know this for a fact ?
Can't say you would know this through your own experiences , because , well , you follow Fremantle
60-0 is historic stuff, we'll never see that in a final again (unless Carlton get back there one day)

Of course anyone else would have done better

Terrible team selection and management reflected on the field, a full choke from a mentally fragile club

Remove this Banner Ad

Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Back