Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Who will be better in 2025

• Carlton

• Collingwood

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

What did you pay for that crap spud Cerra? He wouldn't get a game in the WAFL

Fantasia Durdin Williams Cowan 🤮 60-0
What are you on? I want some and Cowan will be a great player.

Schultz couldn't hit the side of a barn door by hand or foot.

He's a glorified meatball whos dominated Pies fans discussion all year of how they managed to get reamed so hard at the trade table
He had a bad year for sure, his past two years were pretty damn good should bounce back next season. Mayne and Howe also had rough first years before settling. Playing for the biggest and best club can be an adjustment

Congrats.

Who is that Collingwood poster that makes the commemorative DVDs/posters celebrating Carlton's latest achievement?

"More Percentage Than Collingwood: Carlton's June Premiership Against Geelong".

Meanwhile, in things that actually mattered, if Geelong didn't beat Carlton in round 7 then there is no QF and the Cats aren't through to a PF.

If the Blues won every game against Collingwood and Geelong this season, they would've had the honour of playing Hinkley's men in a QF.

Sliding doors moments, eh?
"If" is a couple of letters that mean absolutely nothing.

Yet I only have to go back to last year for our most recent.
Why would I give a rats arse about 1967?
I wasn't even born!

Sadly for you Y2K is more recent than your last flag.

Do you remember Y2K, it may be difficult as it was a quarter of a century ago.

I remember it well. I was wearing an Italy top and 3 English looking skinheads were staring at me with death in their eyes. Good times.

"If" is a couple of letters that mean absolutely nothing.
Would you rather swap positions? Carlton beat Geelong by a couple of goals in round 7, lose the rematch by 10 goals but then go on to secure a home PF while the Cats get spanked in an EF? Of course you would. So bringing up the mid season match is only ever going to be thrown back in your face.

You could've had similar bragging rights over Collingwood if you lost to them but then walked into a prelim.

Would you rather swap positions? Carlton beat Geelong by a couple of goals in round 7, lose the rematch by 10 goals but then go on to secure a home PF while the Cats get spanked in an EF? Of course you would. So bringing up the mid season match is only ever going to be thrown back in your face.

You could've had similar bragging rights over Collingwood if you lost to them but then walked into a prelim.
We already have bragging rights over Collingwood

Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3​

Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3​

Don't worry the Pies are banking on Nicky learning to win a hard ball over the pre season to propel them back into finals

May as well move onto the 2026 thread now as we know the answer for next year as well

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh yes you are hurting we prevented you albeit by accident from playing finals footy! That must really do your nut in.:D
Is what Carlton produced what you call “playing finals footy”?

Wow. Only 1 team was playing finals footy and then they put the cue in the rack at half time.

Yep injuries ruined his season but he has given us a very good 2023 already. No reason he can't get back to that if he gets a decent run at it
Cerra is a 🥔 along with Fantasia, Motlop, Cowan, Hollands x 2, Durdin, Williams, Martin, Saad, Pittonet, McGovern...

It's one of the worst teams ever assembled, straight back down to the bottom 4 next year

I backed a horse in the Melbourne Cup and it came 9th
Your horse finished 8th.

We both still won f**k all.

But you keep celebrating being mediocre and making up the numbers.
At least when we bragged last season, we had something to brag about.

Well done Carlton, you snuck into finals (for a week :D )

Go get a tattoo to immortalize the great achievement.:thumbsu:

Is what Carlton produced what you call “playing finals footy”?

Wow. Only 1 team was playing finals footy and then they put the cue in the rack at half time.
I did say on our board that at sixty to zero the show was over. Anything afterwards was mere window dressing.

With the right changes we can win the flag in the next two years. We need to cash in while we still have Patrick Cripps in his prime!

Your horse finished 8th.

Last season is long gone mate, it's like us bringing up 1995.

Cerra is a 🥔 along with Fantasia, Motlop, Cowan, Hollands x 2, Durdin, Williams, Martin, Saad, Pittonet, McGovern...

It's one of the worst teams ever assembled, straight back down to the bottom 4 next year
All this talk and you still couldn't finish above us...

Your horse finished 8th.

It was still worth it. We stopped you flogs from going back to back, something you last did in 1936.:D

Remove this Banner Ad

Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Back