Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Who will be better in 2025

• Carlton

• Collingwood

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Am I right in saying two entire generations have never seen Carlton win a Premiership? This can't be right. Surely?

Different generations and their approximate birth years:
  1. The Greatest Generation (GI Generation): Born 1901–1927
  2. The Silent Generation: Born 1928–1945
  3. Baby Boom Generation: Born 1946–1964
  4. Generation X: Born 1965–1980
  5. Millennial Generation or Generation Y: Born 1981–1996
  6. Generation Z or iGen: Born 1997–2010
  7. Generation Alpha: Born 2010-2024
Maybe , but 4 generations have seen more than the dirty birds.

Am I right in saying two entire generations have never seen Carlton win a Premiership? This can't be right. Surely?

Different generations and their approximate birth years:
  1. The Greatest Generation (GI Generation): Born 1901–1927
  2. The Silent Generation: Born 1928–1945
  3. Baby Boom Generation: Born 1946–1964
  4. Generation X: Born 1965–1980
  5. Millennial Generation or Generation Y: Born 1981–1996
  6. Generation Z or iGen: Born 1997–2010
  7. Generation Alpha: Born 2010-2024
8 flags for me.

How many Pies flags have you experienced?

And yet we still contended for four of the next ten premierships, compared to Carlton's none.

Just think what would have happened had we have picked Cripps instead?

Oh no.
“Contended for four of the next ten premierships”……..

Contended…….. hmmmmmm……

Where have I heard some debate, statements, made about what it takes to be considered a contender, Um, I just don’t recall……

“Contended for four of the next ten premierships”……..

Contended…….. hmmmmmm……

Where have I heard some debate, statements, made about what it takes to be considered a contender, Um, I just don’t recall……
Nothing to debate.

A team is regarded as a premiership contender when they genuinely contend for a premiership.

It really is a simple concept.

It is not you I am worried about old friend. It is the 2 younger generations who have never seen a flag that concerns me. I worry for them.
It is currently two generations.

With the realisation we are seeing yet another failed rebuild, it is extremely short odds of that number becoming three generations.

Will it then extend to four?

Five?

Six?

Oh boy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will Nick ever take a contested mark ?
Hi inability to get forward off the ball hes just kicked and take a contested mark is a concern. Seriously, is that what were down to. Midfielders being criticized for not doing key forward acts. Until his hitouts to advantage stats starts mirroring Gawns id say hes a bust

It is not you I am worried about old friend. It is the 2 younger generations who have never seen a flag that concerns me. I worry for them.
They will be fine. We are just one of the latest clubs to experience an extended premiership drought. And before our successful period from 68 to 95 we had endured 21 years without a flag as well.

During my lifetime alone (either completely or overlapping into) there's been North Melbourne, Richmond, Sydney/SM, Collingwood, Fremantle, Geelong, Footscray/WB, St Kilda, Adelaide and Melbourne. Even clubs who have won in the 2000s, such as Essendon, Brisbane and Port, are up to, or approaching (in the case of Port) 20+ years without a flag as well.

It's part of competitive sport. Fans need to suck it up, hang in there and enjoy the success even more when it finally arrives. As I am sure, for instance, Collingwood supporters did in 1990 - there would have been plenty of younger Pies supporters at that time who had never experienced a flag prior to then either - eg, ones of my vintage. All Collingwood had delivered them to that point was heartbreak.

Last edited:
And yet we still contended for four of the next ten premierships, compared to Carlton's none.

Just think what would have happened had we have picked Cripps instead?

Oh no.
Exactly - would have won more flags but because of that esteemed decision , they only cashed in on 1.
You just merely confirmed how bad a decision that was. Nice acknowledgement

I've been wondering is it time to put Fadge on ignore? Then again reading this thread without his "expert" opinions is probably like going to the circus without seeing the elephants and tigers!:laughv1:

Yeah, do it.

We all know the truth hurts.

Particularly when you're a Carlton supporter.
This Carlton team that you mock and deride still finished in front of you though. It'll be the same story next year as well buddy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Back