Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Who will be better in 2025

• Carlton

• Collingwood

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

You must think Collingwood going from 1st to 9th was some type of achievement
That's pretty bad, but it happens. Let me tell you what a true achievement is:

1) sub your ruck
2) donuts to ten goals 3 minutes before half time
3) forced to make strategic sub before scoring any point

Congratulations, Carlton 2024 has just unlocked the achievement "Peak Embarrassment"

1) sub your ruck

Congratulations, Carlton 2024 has just unlocked the achievement "Peak Embarrassment"
And as disappointing as going from 1st to 9th is, we are still, at the minute, the reigning premier.
It's been 28 long years since Carlton have been able to say that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1) sub your ruck

Some people have short memories. Peak embarrassment goes to the Swans 100plus loss to Port without a shadow of doubt.
If Carlton went in against the Lions with a healthy list, I could see some sort of validity to your reasoning, but I just can't. Cmon, Port ffs ?

Some people have short memories. Peak embarrassment goes to the Swans 100plus loss to Port without a shadow of doubt.
If Carlton went in against the Lions with a healthy list, I could see some sort of validity to your reasoning, but I just can't. Cmon, Port ffs ?
Yeah, I'm sure Sydney are really embarrassed reflecting on that loss as they prepare for their home Preliminary Final next week.

NFI.

Will still go do down as a worse loss. Spin it any way you want. Pies didn't play finals and were in the top 8 for 3 weeks of the season. Embarrassing for them.
Yep.

Pies embarrassed themselves finishing 9th as the reigning premier.

Sydney embarrassed themselves losing to Port by over 100 points in a home and away game, despite the fact they are currently preparing for a home Preliminary Final next week.

Both teams have been premiership contenders as often as they haven't over the past two decades.

Both far more 'embarrassing' than Carlton, who fell into 8th spot after winning 2 of their last 8 games against 16th and 17th on the ladder, and proceeded to a scoreline of Owen 60 just before half time of an Elimination Final. That, in a season when they were second on the ladder and second favourites for the flag at the mid point of the season, after failing to contend for a premiership in a quarter of a century.

CARLTON LOGIC.

Yep.

Pies embarrassed themselves finishing 9th as the reigning premier.

Sydney embarrassed themselves losing to Port by over 100 points in a home and away game, despite the fact they are currently preparing for a home Preliminary Final next week.

Both teams have been premiership contenders as often as they haven't over the past two decades.

Both far more 'embarrassing' than Carlton, who fell into 8th spot after winning 2 of their last 8 games against 16th and 17th on the ladder, and proceeded to a scoreline of Owen 60 just before half time of an Elimination Final. That, in a season when they were second on the ladder and second favourites for the flag at the mid point of the season, after failing to contend for a premiership in a quarter of a century.

CARLTON LOGIC.
How did Collingwood go last week ? Pie logic - don't play finals, but are a better side. Righteo. Carlton were never favourite for the flag at any point during the season - collingwood were favourite prior to round 1. Nice deflection.

How did Collingwood go last week ? Pie logic - don't play finals, but are a better side. Righteo. Carlton were never favourite for the flag at any point during the season - collingwood were favourite prior to round 1. Nice deflection.
Carlton were undisputed, unbackable flag favourites. And then fell in a hole, yet again.
We had a disappointing season, but we are still, for the moment, the undisputed reigning premier.
Happy 29th anniversary.

Carlton were undisputed, unbackable flag favourites. And then fell in a hole, yet again.
We had a disappointing season, but we are still, for the moment, the undisputed reigning premier.
Happy 29th anniversary.
Bullshit. Stop making up rubbish . Prove that Carlton were favourites at any stage or admit you just made up that statement.
Sportsbet or TAB will be able to assist with your query

Bullshit. Stop making up rubbish . Prove that Carlton were favourites at any stage or admit you just made up that statement.
Sportsbet or TAB will be able to assist with your query
I'm not making up anything.
We can accept we had a disappointing season, because we still have the warm inner glow of a Premiership.
Carlton's glow went out at quarter time against the Giants, when you were undisputed Premiership favourites.
Happy 29th anniversary.

Huh ? What's that got to do with a poster making up an unsubstantiated claim about Carlton being favourites for the flag .
Absolutely they were. Then only beat the might of Richmond, North and West Coast before embarrassing themselves in Brisbane.
Happy 29th anniversary.

Remove this Banner Ad

Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Back