Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Who will be better in 2025

• Carlton

• Collingwood

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Bullshit. Stop making up rubbish . Prove that Carlton were favourites at any stage or admit you just made up that statement.
Sportsbet or TAB will be able to assist with your query
Well there was plenty of premiership excitement amongst Blues fans midway through the season, that’s demonstrable.

Tell me, after the Benny Hill routine kicked back in was it a feeling of disappointment, or more a comforting feeling of familiarity? You know, like the taste of a home cooked meal or wearing a much loved old jumper.

Well there was plenty of premiership excitement amongst Blues fans midway through the season, that’s demonstrable.

Tell me, after the Benny Hill routine kicked back in was it a feeling of disappointment, or more a comforting feeling of familiarity? You know, like the taste of a home cooked meal or wearing a much loved old jumper.
You mean , that feeling that Collingwood supporters had after round 2 ?

Absolutely they were. Then only beat the might of Richmond, North and West Coast before embarrassing themselves in Brisbane.
Happy 29th anniversary.

Dont see Carlton listed anywhere . Pies favourites.
Biggest choke in that clubs history I believe. Great defence of the flag. Enjoy your continued holiday in mexico . Suspect the annual holiday there will continue for some time
Screenshot_20240914_041902_Chrome.jpg

'How dare you suggest we're not a premiership contender! Just another example of you being the biggest troll on BigFooty!'

Dont see Carlton listed anywhere . Pies favourites.
Biggest choke in that clubs history I believe. Great defence of the flag. Enjoy your continued holiday in mexico . Suspect the annual holiday there will continue for some time
View attachment 2110311
When no other team has won more flags than you, you're the reigning premier, you've played in far more Grand Finals than any other team, and you contend for premierships more often than you don't, then of course you're going to start the season as one of the premiership favourites.

Just the status quo for Collingwood.

Alas, unfortunately a team can't win the premiership EVERY year.

When no other team has won more flags than you, you're the reigning premier, you've played in far more Grand Finals than any other team, and you contend for premierships more often than you don't, then of course you're going to start the season as one of the premiership favourites.

Just the status quo for Collingwood.

Alas, unfortunately a team can't win the premiership EVERY year.
You know , collingwood aren't top of the tree alone when it comes to premiership wins. Just stating the facts

You know , collingwood aren't top of the tree alone when it comes to premiership wins. Just stating the facts
That's one of the metrics I referenced, of which my statement was also fact.

What about the other 3?

If I were doing similar analysis for Carlton, it would be something like the following:

'Despite having won as many premierships as any other team, Carlton haven't saluted for nearly 30 years, haven't played in a Grand Final for a quarter of a century, haven't looked like contending in all that time, any time they appear to get any momentum they shite the bed as they can't handle the expectation, and their list simply isn't balanced enough or good enough.

Why would any logical and rational person even consider them a chance at the premiership?'

Last edited:
Why are you cutting and pasting a factually incorrect thread title that was updated by a deluded and desperate Carlton supporting moderator?

Have you got nothing else?

I think ladder positions is a great guide to determine who the better team was in 2024

Still enjoying those tacos since spitting your pizza?

And noone would expect you to go any further than the most simple level of analysis possible, particularly when you as a Carlton supporter are so desperate to achieve something, anything...

We've all seen your analysis, side splitting laugher

Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shall we review your analysis as to why we would finish 13th this year

Oh boy
Happy to.

Because I'm not sure they finished the season any better than the 13th best team in the competition, after beating only the 16th and 17th placed teams in the last 8 rounds, and starting their Elimination Final Owen 60.

At the same time we can review the angst from Carlton supporters when I refused to reference them as 'Premiership contenders' at the mid point of the season.

That's one of the metrics I referenced, of which my statement was also fact.

What about the other 3?

If I were doing similar analysis for Carlton, it would be something like the following:

'Despite having won as many premierships as any other team, Carlton haven't saluted for nearly 30 years, haven't played in a Grand Final for a quarter of a century, haven't looked like contending in all that time, any time they appear to get any momentum they shite the bed as they can't handle the expectation, and their list simply isn't balanced enough or good enough.

Why would any logical and rational person even consider them a chance at the premiership?'
Like any ladder to use as a guide, show me the official one that has Collingwood alone on top of the tree ( hint , you can't coz there isn't one )
Go

Remove this Banner Ad

Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Back