Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Who will be better in 2025

• Carlton

• Collingwood

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Go take ur cotton on ambassadorships, cheap property deals and faux home sickness elsewhere. Nobody cares for ur fraudulent Cats in here, it's a thread for comparing and discussing clubs who have the equal most premierships in history... Not the minnows down the highway
Let's discuss it then.

Collingwood clear winners 2023, Carlton got a draw out of them in 2024 but could not take clear season bragging rights.

You can protest all you like but this is indeed the consensus among neutrals, who have the final say.

Enjoy your pretend victory. The frustration is there for all to see. Which is why you still have Pies supporters joyfully mocking you.

Let's discuss it then.

Collingwood clear winners 2023, Carlton got a draw out of them in 2024 but could not take clear season bragging rights.

You can protest all you like but this is indeed the consensus among neutrals, who have the final say.

Enjoy your pretend victory. The frustration is there for all to see. Which is why you still have Pies supporters joyfully mocking you.
and they know, deep down, that their misery is not ending soon.

Deathriding the Cats? Cats are rubbish so I really feel no need to deathride them.

I'll be rooting for anyone but Brisbane if they make it through tonight's match. Cats will get blown to smitherines by whoever's left anyway
Oh. Boy.

'Why would I deathride the Cats?'

Very next statement is deathriding the Cats....

Try and show a bit more sensitivity here guys. You’ve got supporters of the last 2 premiers arguing with supporters of a team that hasn’t won one in 30 years. They’re bound to be a bit grumpy
The jabronies should be honored we are talking to them at all.

Try and show a bit more sensitivity here guys. You’ve got supporters of the last 2 premiers arguing with supporters of a team that hasn’t won one in 30 years. They’re bound to be a bit grumpy
Not surprising that the residents of the local retirees village have teamed up in here. The old bats would be losing their marbles down there with the terrible golfing weather we've had of late.

Hilarious.

If you think the ladder is the defining measure (which we don't agree with), why wouldn't it default to the team that finished higher?
I said that in my original post on the matter - in my opinion it should go back to the ladder in that rare case. But once again no Pies fan replied and this is supposed to be objective and so both sides should agree

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I said that in my original post on the matter - in my opinion it should go back to the ladder in that rare case. But once again no Pies fan replied and this is supposed to be objective and so both sides should agree
If you want a thread to be absolutely 'objective', then don't use the term 'better' in the thread title.

Use 'higher on the ladder', or 'most wins', or 'fewest losses', or 'better head to head record'.

If you want to use the term 'better', you're obligated to assess ALL the data, of which ladder position would be the determinant in 98% of cases. But when only percentage separates the teams, you surely must look deeper?

If you want a thread to be absolutely 'objective', then don't use the term 'better' in the thread title.

Use 'higher on the ladder', or 'most wins', or 'fewest losses', or 'better head to head record'.

If you want to use the term 'better', you're obligated to assess ALL the data, of which ladder position would be the determinant in 98% of cases. But when only percentage separates the teams, you surely must look deeper?
I didn't set the thread title. One team made finals and one didn't - I personally don't see how a team that fails to make finals has had a better season than a team that makes it. Regardless 2024 is now over so looking forward to 2025 is it going to be any different? Is a one game gap enough for the ladder to be right? Is two games enough? You just open Pandora's box

I didn't set the thread title. One team made finals and one didn't - I personally don't see how a team that fails to make finals has had a better season than a team that makes it. Regardless 2024 is now over so looking forward to 2025 is it going to be any different? Is a one game gap enough for the ladder to be right? Is two games enough? You just open Pandora's box
You use your brain, analyse the data, and come to a conclusion.

An injury ridden Carlton team who's form was total and utter dogshit since the end of June, still finished in front of this "all mighty" Collingwood team.

You'd think the Pies supporters would be able to take a hint here!:laughv1: This Carlton team will not have the ill luck it had with injuries in 2025.

It will be better more improved, and will finish in front of the Pies yet again. I'm expecting top four or a prelim final at the very least for Carlton in 2025.

Let's discuss it then.

They have no reason to mock. An injury plagued Carlton team prevented them from putting back to back flags together.

We don't give a shit what others think of us anyway. Any year that ends with neither the Pies or Bombers winning a flag is always a good one.

There's plenty of flags for this Carlton team to win and plenty of grand finals for this Collingwood team to lose as well.

I have no disdain for the Cats. They just suck and their supporters are delusional
It doesn't matter how many flags the Cats win. They will always be a small and tiny insignificant club to me. :laughv1:

By losing both games to Collingwood?

Carlton sure stood in the way of Collingwood and Back to Back!
You must be reading the ladder upside down yet again.;)

So, Carlton lost both games?
We were better in both games. just like you think you were better than Carlton even though you were above them for one week of a 24 week season.

The old "my team were premiers so i know better" post, don't you love Bigfooty.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Back