Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Who will be better in 2025

• Carlton

• Collingwood

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Do we need to bring up the Carlton to finish 16th again and Collingwood will go back to back?
Go for it. Just be sure to include all the context around those comments...

I also hope you guys all now understand the concept of 'Premiership Contention', and how you can't declare a team as a 'Premiership Contender' until such time as they actually contend for the premiership.

Go for it. Just be sure to include all the context around those comments...

I also hope you guys all now understand the concept of 'Premiership Contention', and how you can't declare a team as a 'Premiership Contender' until such time as they actually contend for the premiership.
"One can only be a contender after the fact, and never before"
What a load of horseshit.
I guess at around 10pm, you will say that team a ( the loser) was never a contender either

Merely a bookmarked post.

Makes one of us look quite the dill, doesn't it?
Do you know how many of your posts I have bookmarked ? That's how relevant I consider your statements
Steve Jobs Apple GIF by GrowthX

"One can only be a contender after the fact, and never before"
What a load of horseshit.
I guess at around 10pm, you will say that team a ( the loser) was never a contender either
'One can only be a contender if they actually contend'.

Any comment on your post I screenshot earlier?

Apparently Carlton were absolutely contenders. What did they contend for?

Last edited:

They were contending to be the first team to be scoreless at half time in a final since 1904.
But as usual with Carlton, just as that achievement was within their grasp they screwed it up at the last minute.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any comment on your post I screenshot earlier?

I'm not going through this dialogue with you again.
You have your idea of the situation, and others have theirs. Doesn't make you right and them wrong.

When we were 5 goals up against Brisbane in the prelim last year we weren't contenders btw guys. Just a mid range team of spuds
You honestly think Carlton contended for the premiership in 2023?

2 games short of 4th place after home and away and smashed off the park in a Preliminary Final?

Well, I guess you guess also believe every team is a contender, until they're not...

When we were 5 goals up against Brisbane in the prelim last year we weren't contenders btw guys. Just a mid range team of spuds
No you were not contenders. You were a bunch of serial chokers setting their fans up beautifully for the big let down. The inevitable Carlton fail. Much false hope, much hype, much heartbreak. You know the drill.

You honestly think Carlton contended for the premiership in 2023?

2 games short of 4th place after home and away and smashed off the park in a Preliminary Final?

Well, I guess you guess also believe every team is a contender, until they're not...
If we had have gotten past Brisbane we would have flogged your mob. Brisbane just did their usual MCG choke job to hand the Pies the win.

Pies were gifted a spot in the GF by the umps vs GWS anyway

If we had have gotten past Brisbane we would have flogged your mob. Brisbane just did their usual MCG choke job to hand the Pies the win.

Pies were gifted a spot in the GF by the umps vs GWS anyway

You related to Stephen May? Don’t let your actual record against pies stop your BS.

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Back