Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Who will be better in 2025

• Carlton

• Collingwood

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Not only do they not know how the finals system works, they're only just realising a final goes for longer than 20 minutes.

Next we'll be hearing about how they outscored Brisbane by 5 goals after to 20 minute mark of the second quarter in this year's Elimination Final...
We know how finals work. Watch Carlton knock Collingwood over in finals many many times . Don't be so condescending

We're Collingwood contending in 2018 when they were 5 goals up in a Grand Final ?
Yes. You see we were playing in what's called a grand final. I know the concept is foreign to you but when you make a grand final you can genuinely say you were a flag contender. When you get spanked in a prelim....not so much.

Doesn't matter what week the game was played cobba. Still only had 1 goal up to 3/4 time, and then some junk in the last 10 mins. It's just people in glass houses .....
Furphy!
We scored a goal in the first quarter... So we were never in contention for the 1904 record like you guys were.

Furphy!
We scored a goal in the first quarter... So we were never in contention for the 1904 record like you guys were.
Plus we won a classic final the week before, against the odds

Blues 2024 is the worst finals side ever

Hit the finals in historically awful form and couldn't even score ONE POINT in nearly a half of football, dismal 👎

Is this a serious question?

I fear it is...
Choking Cbs GIF by HULU

It was a GF and involved Collingwood , so the choke was expected as per usual

Is this a serious question?

I fear it is...
Yep. Fraid so! Worm will listen to you. He obviously pays a lot of attention to your posting. Can you try to explain it slowly for him.
I've tried but I can't make him understand that actually being in a grand final and being 5 goals up in it is a very good example of what " contending" means;

as opposed to getting flogged by Brisbane in a prelim.

Last edited:
100%
Seriously, losing to St Kilda in a GF is as bad as it gets
Going back to 1966 for your material is really lame Worm.
But Nah...
Being comprehensively beaten head to head by StKilda 24-6 or whatever it is this century and winning 150% more spoons than them is as bad as it gets. Saints have comprehensively outperformed your sorry mob THIS CENTURY.

Carlton can only dream of being as successful and competitive as StKilda THIS CENTURY🤣

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Going back to 1966 for your material is really lame Worm.
But Nah...
Being comprehensively beaten head to head by StKilda 24-6 or whatever it is this century and winning 150% more spoons than them is as bad as it gets. Saints have comprehensively outperformed your sorry mob THIS CENTURY.

Carlton can only dream of being as successful and competitive as StKilda THIS CENTURY🤣
Happy to keep to conversation to 24/25 but some clown(s) continues to bring up Carltons past, so it's kinda hard.
Anyway, ok - how about those pies this year ? Backed it up well I gather.....

Yep. Fraid so! Worm will listen to you. He obviously pays a lot of attention to your posting. Can you try to explain it slowly for him.
I've tried but I can't make him understand that actually being in a grand final and being 5 goals up in it is a very good example of what " contending" means;

as opposed to getting flogged by Brisbane in a prelim.
Getting flogged by 16 points ? Oh boy. I generally keep floggings to somewhere around 6 goals or more , but each to their own

Remove this Banner Ad

Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Back