Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Who will be better in 2025

• Carlton

• Collingwood

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

The list manager who selected Patrick Cripps after the pies picked up scharanberg and Freeman did pretty good I reckon
You are indeed correct. It was pretty poor pair of selections by Collingwood in the 2013 AFL National Draft. OK. In fact, I went to a Sportmen's lunch at the Bundoora Football club in either late 2015 or early 2016 & happened to have the former Western Bulldogs coach - Brendan McCartney on my table. Anyway during our various conversations he told me that he would never have picked Scharenberg as a top 10 Draft selection due to his ongoing football problems during his under 18's history. He also told me - and the other guys on the table - that he knew that Freeman had a very unusual running style which would undoubtedly make him likely to have soft tissue problems going forward. So again he suggested that he would not use a Top 10 selection on him. I know that hindsight is a wonderful commodity but we did make 2 awful drafting selections in that 2013 National Draft especially given that we drafted those 2 guys before Carlton drafted Cripps. OK. Anyway, I suppose that not even the Carlton list manager & recruiting team could have forecast how good an AFL footballer he would turn out to be. Anyway good luck to him going forward. So goodnight & good luck.

Happy 28 Year Anniversary of the last time Carlton could be referred to as the 'reigning premiers'.

Happy 24 year Anniversary of the last time Carlton could be referred to as a 'reigning premiership contender'.
Nice melt there mate lol, Pies not even a reigning finalist now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh no.

How will I cope?

How did you cope for near on a decade between 2014 and 2023?

I’m sure we’ll find a way to get through. Now if you’d been “champ-ed”, that would be another matter entirely.

Carlton supporters on social media were saying all they had to do was beat Brisbane and the flag was theirs.

They might have actually been onto something

Carlton supporters on social media were saying all they had to do was beat Brisbane and the flag was theirs.

They might have actually been onto something
Well they are the benchmark.

Of course at the time they seemed like a spluttering engine that was capable of both revving up and going flat chat or just conking out, but in the end they've proven none of their finals performances to be a fluke. Peaked at the right time as they say.

Remove this Banner Ad

Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Back