Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Who will be better in 2025

• Carlton

• Collingwood

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Hawks thumped you by 11 goals.

6 of your 12 wins were within a kick.
And a draw.

Form?
It didn’t seem to help you very much this year, your lucky you weren’t bottom 6.
Only needed three of those 6 wins to be losses and you would have been.
Another year of this being rolled out

It was a line ball call for next year but unfortunately for us the addition of Houston to Carlton's side will be huge and i can see them improving way more than us. Unless something has happened there i don't know about?
If Collingwood land Houston on top of Perryman, I can see us using our easier fixture to bridge the gap between Carlton and Collingwood from 6% to 4%

Dan would be foolish to join an ancient list like the one at Collingwood, however. The Blues are so young and inexperienced, the only way is up.

It was a line ball call for next year but unfortunately for us the addition of Houston to Carlton's side will be huge and i can see them improving way more than us. Unless something has happened there i don't know about?
How deluded are Carlton?

Not willing to use their #10 pick this year to get Houston, but willing to offer their 1st and 2nd round picks next year, which will be in the order of picks 5 and 23...

How deluded are Carlton?

Not willing to use their #10 pick this year to get Houston, but willing to offer their 1st and 2nd round picks next year, which will be in the order of picks 5 and 23...
C'mon, if we paid what Port are asking y'all would be trolling us for overpaying. He's good Houston but not that good that we want to abandon our draft plans.

How deluded are Carlton?

Simple, they choose to go to the draft this year more than picking up Houston.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

C'mon, if we paid what Port are asking y'all would be trolling us for overpaying. He's good Houston but not that good that we want to abandon our draft plans.
Have you heard the saying 'A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush'?

You'll use pick 10 on a kid who may not make the grade, and miss out on a dual All-Australian player in his prime?

Have you heard the saying 'A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush'?

You'll use pick 10 on a kid who may not make the grade, and miss out on a dual All-Australian player in his prime?
Might also draft the next Patrick Cripps or Lachie Neale. You can't be sure but we have needs beyond a half back flanker, however decent he is.

Might also draft the next Patrick Cripps or Lachie Neale. You can't be sure but we have needs beyond a half back flanker, however decent he is.
I'm not sure a team can ever have too many elite ball users like Dan Housten.

Interesting decision to risk losing him to pick up a kid who may or may not make it - and if Carlton's time is now with your top 5 players in the prime age window - you may be missing an opportunity...

Notice Fadge still trying to deflect from the OP, rather than explaining his "analysis" of why Carlton would finish 13th the last 2 years, or 14th next year, he continues to try and deflect to any random discussion

Salt levels are high, just like 8 to 3 flags in the last 6 decades

Might need more tequila
Obsessed.

You and Wormy need to accept I'm hetero and happily married.

I'm not sure a team can ever have too many elite ball users like Dan Housten.

Interesting decision to risk losing him to pick up a kid who may or may not make it - and if Carlton's time is now with your top 5 players in the prime age window - you may be missing an opportunity...
We have at least 3 or 4 years in the window, most of the Carlton board would rather go to the draft with 12.

We have at least 3 or 4 years in the window, most of the Carlton board would rather go to the draft with 12.
Window?

What window?

If you're referring to a 'Premiership Contention window', which Carlton are yet to enter, wouldn't 5 years of a prime Dan Houston be a better option than the unknown quantity that pick 10 will get you?

Remove this Banner Ad

Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Back