Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Who will be better in 2025

• Carlton

• Collingwood

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Are you aware there is a 31% probability that their current 29 year premiership drought will extend to 50 years and beyond?
Seth Meyers Lol GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

Significant numbers from a Carlton supporter's perspective in the 21st Century:
0 - Times a premiership contender.
1 - Number of Preliminary Finals played.
5 - Wooden Spoons.
31 - Percentage probability that their current premiership drought extends to 50 years and beyond.
49 - Age of their youngest premiership player.
60 - Number of points given up to their opponent (Brisbane) before they scored themselves in their most recent game.

Any other significant numbers I should add to the list?
5 - the number of times they have beaten Collingwood in a Grand Final
Quite significant I believe

5 - the number of times they have beaten Collingwood in a Grand Final
Quite significant I believe
My stats are relating to the current millennium, not ancient history.

Unfortunately Carlton haven't given Collingwood the opportunity to square that ledger this century...

We've played in plenty of them, where have Carlton been?

Last edited:

How deluded are Carlton?

Not willing to use their #10 pick this year to get Houston, but willing to offer their 1st and 2nd round picks next year, which will be in the order of picks 5 and 23...
How deluded are you ?
Are you "in the know" or something ?
There is plenty to play out don't ya think ??

I'm not sure a team can ever have too many elite ball users like Dan Housten.

Interesting decision to risk losing him to pick up a kid who may or may not make it - and if Carlton's time is now with your top 5 players in the prime age window - you may be missing an opportunity...
So if, for some weird reason, the Blues completely back flip and pay up for DH, you'll laude it?

Significant numbers from a Carlton supporter's perspective in the 21st Century:
0 - Times a premiership contender.
1 - Number of Preliminary Finals played.
5 - Wooden Spoons.
31 - Percentage probability that their current premiership drought extends to 50 years and beyond.
49 - Age of their youngest premiership player.
60 - Number of points given up to their opponent (Brisbane) before they scored themselves in their most recent game.

Any other significant numbers I should add to the list?
for 8 coaches in 24 years.

For the 14% win ratio against Collingwood this century.

For 24 years since they finished top 4.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've added another one:

'17 - The number of Carlton supporting posters who took great offence when I refused to regard Carlton as a 2024 premiership contender midway through the season when they were second favourites for the premiership and second on the ladder.'

I've added another one:

'17 - The number of Carlton supporting posters who took great offence when I refused to regard Carlton as a 2024 premiership contender midway through the season when they were second favourites for the premiership and second on the ladder.'
Give us something new mate.

Remove this Banner Ad

Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Back