Carlton wants $10m from AFL

Remove this Banner Ad

Carlton are like the respectable son who turns bad ends up with a $20k debt. As a parent you could let them work it out for themselves and they'll probably end up unemployed on crack with bad credit for life, or you could pay off the debt and try and get their head above water, problem is when you give them the easy way out they don't learn anything and end up in trouble again. A boarding school in western Sydney or the Gold Coast might be an option.

Ha ha - send em to boarding school indeed.:thumbsu:

Meh . . . I didn't think Pratt would be involved unless he had people he trusted in place. I was wrong about that and trust me I am as happy as you it is his money & not the AFL's that will be bailing you out.

But will much change at Carlton other than the size of the debt? I haven't seen any evidence of that so far.
What evidence are you looking for in his first few weeks in the job? The vibe around the club has changed already. We are interviewing to put the best people in to some of our vacancies. Things that had been left to run down around the place are being fixed.

Meh . . . I didn't think Pratt would be involved unless he had people he trusted in place. I was wrong about that and trust me I am as happy as you it is his money & not the AFL's that will be bailing you out.

But will much change at Carlton other than the size of the debt? I haven't seen any evidence of that so far.

Maybe I could offer to take off your blinkers for you. Might Help.

What evidence are you looking for in his first few weeks in the job?
Something more than a song at the first staff meeting.

We are interviewing to put the best people in to some of our vacancies
I think that's the problem ODN, more vacancies need to be created.

Does hiring a journo to be the president's eyes & ears qualify as hiring the best people? Or is this an indication of how little time Pratt intends to spend at the club?

Things that had been left to run down around the place are being fixed.
So why is the coach & CEO still there?

It has to kept in mind that one of the big reasons Carlton are in so much trouble is because they cheated (and, more importantly, were caught - how incompetent was that).

I have no problem with doing enough to keep them alive, the same is being done for many clubs including mine. But the rest of us have strict conditions financially, are forced to move games, etc.
Perhaps, given their larger supporter base, moving games isn't such a good idea with Carlton - but they have to face some consequences for mismanagement and corruption. And, let's face it, if any club needs new systems in their accounting and financial oversight its one with a big supporter base that has been so poorly run that despite that advantage its in this predicament.

Remove this Banner Ad

Carlton wants $10m from AFL

Remove this Banner Ad

Back