WALKERTOBETTS

Team Captain
Feb 1, 2007
Melton
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Local Footy
The Carlton Football Club has made a number of changes to the playing list as the Club prepares for the upcoming National Draft at which it will have the coveted number one selection.
New recruits, Chris Judd and Richard Hadley join elevated rookies, Ryan Jackson and Aisake O’hAilpin on the senior list. Michael Jamieson and Sam Jacobs will remain on the rookie list, both as second year rookies.
Nine players who were involved with Carlton in 2007 will not be continuing with Carlton and were not included in the First List Lodgement for 2008 provided to the AFL today.
The Club thanks these players for their commitment given to the Carlton Football Club during their playing careers and wish them well for the future.
Changes to the Carlton Playing List
Retired
Anthony Koutoufides
Matthew Lappin
Traded
Josh Kennedy - to West Coast
Delisted
Lance Whitnall
Dylan McLaren
David Teague
Anthony Raso
Craig Flint
Ross Young*
*Rookie

I'm wrapt that they have elevated Jacko:thumbsu:

Well done to Jacko and Aisake on promotion to the senior list.

Not surprised at all that Jamo wasn't elevated, in fact I have been saying that this is what would happen. Jamo will probably be a Nominated Rookie in 2008, meaning he can still play senior games despite remaining on the rookie list.

Wouldn't surprise me if Jamo was told that he would be elevated to the senior list at the end of next season if he kept performing, much like I suspect Jackson was.

It was always going to be a 2 out of three between-

* Jamison (Future FB, looks to be a great defensive prospect and will be a regular one he puts on some weight)

* Jackson (Going to be a great mid/half-forward for us, he was the most certain to be elevated IMO)

* O'hAilpin (Could be anything, like his brother, is a fantastic athlete at 201cm and still extremely agile and fast, star in the making, heaps of potential)

I would have gone Jamison and Jackson elevated and if a player goes onto the long term injury list bring in O'hAilpin as a regular. But everyones opinion is different.

* Jamison (Future FB, looks to be a great defensive prospect and will be a regular one he puts on some weight)

* Jackson (Going to be a great mid/half-forward for us, he was the most certain to be elevated IMO)

* O'hAilpin (Could be anything, like his brother, is a fantastic athlete at 201cm and still extremely agile and fast, star in the making, heaps of potential)

I would have gone Jamison and Jackson elevated and if a player goes onto the long term injury list bring in O'hAilpin as a regular. But everyones opinion is different.

We had to make a decision to either delist or promote Aisake, just as we had to with Jackson.

We can afford to keep Jamison on the rookie list for another year.

Jackson and Aisake had served the maximum time allowed on the rookie list (2 and 3 years respectively). They either had to be delisted or promoted. Jamison can still be kept on the rookie list for another year. The reason why Jackson and Aisake were elevated has more to do with list management then which of the rookies are better.

As others have pointed out, Jamison will most likely be a nominated rookie next year due to us not having any veterens so all 3 will be likely to get regular games next year.

Wasn't there talk about Jamison being a nominated rookie because we have nobody on the veterans list? Doesn't that mean he could play any game next year regardless of an injury?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

the only reason jamison wasnt elevated was cause we couldn't maintain the other two on the rookie list and there wasnt enough space on the senior list for him, but it doesn't matter because he can be a nominated rookie anyway. probably not a bad idea to keep him on the rookie list considering what happened with flint this year... and on that matter, anyone think flint or raso are a chance of being put back on our rookie list?

Poor choice. Jamison shows great aggression and determination. Jackson is afraid of the ball.

Are you basing this on the 18 possessions he averaged per game that he averaged after returning to the senior side after injury? Or the 3 tackles he averaged per game? Or the fact that he is a very courageous, hard working midfielder, who has good skills? Or haven't you seen Jacko play?

We had to make a decision to either delist or elevate Jackson. Given that he showed great promise throughout the season, it was a no brainer to elevate him as a just reward for his hard work and determination.

There is no need to elevate Jamison, given that he can spend an extra year on the rookie list, and he can be our nominated rookie, meaning he is eligible for senior selection throughout the year.

Jackson worked his butt off for his elevation, and he deserves it all. Don't tell me he is afraid of the ball-he has a heap of courage. Has the right attitude and skill to make it, and best of luck to him.

Are you basing this on the 18 possessions he averaged per game that he averaged after returning to the senior side after injury? Or the 3 tackles he averaged per game? Or the fact that he is a very courageous, hard working midfielder, who has good skills? Or haven't you seen Jacko play?

We had to make a decision to either delist or elevate Jackson. Given that he showed great promise throughout the season, it was a no brainer to elevate him as a just reward for his hard work and determination.

There is no need to elevate Jamison, given that he can spend an extra year on the rookie list, and he can be our nominated rookie, meaning he is eligible for senior selection throughout the year.

Jackson worked his butt off for his elevation, and he deserves it all. Don't tell me he is afraid of the ball-he has a heap of courage. Has the right attitude and skill to make it, and best of luck to him.

No need to elevate Jamison? have you seen our defense? or lack thereof

Nobody can fault Jackson on his effort and determination. Still doesn't mean that he's not awkward and is not afraid of the ball.

Anyway, im not going to write jacko off until hes completed a full season.

Some people obviously cant read. Either that or they dont read the earlier posts. They didn't promote Jamo because they didn't have to! He can continue to play seniors without promotion.

Some people obviously cant read. Either that or they dont read the earlier posts. They didn't promote Jamo because they didn't have to! He can continue to play seniors without promotion.

Correct me if i'm wrong, but dont you need to have a player on the veterans list to have a nominated rookie?

Might be a different rule if you have no veterans

No need to elevate Jamison? have you seen our defense? or lack thereof

Nobody can fault Jackson on his effort and determination. Still doesn't mean that he's not awkward and is not afraid of the ball.

Anyway, im not going to write jacko off until hes completed a full season.

Seriously, what planet are you operating on at the moment cause it clearly isn't with the rest of us.

Jackson was outstanding in the second half of the year and given i watched live, or attended all of the games he played in, i think i'd remember him being scared of the ball (how can you be scared of the ball? would've thought scared of you opponent would be more likely!)

Jackson will be a huge part of our midfield going forward while Jamo can work hard on bulking up and getting games of footy under his belt at the Ants and be ready for senior action in 09.

Remove this Banner Ad

Carlton's Primary Playing List 2008

Remove this Banner Ad

Back