Carrara crowds

Remove this Banner Ad

I am all for North going for the biggest offer.

But I feel if they stayed in Canberra they could of built up the hard work they had been doing and improved revenue from ACT and wouldn't have had to worry about relocation to Gold Coast stuff. They could of stayed out of it.

Seems like there is a bit of under table stuff on all sides including North board to get them to move to the Coast.

Mate, I would've preferred that to.

But the AFL made it very clear that there would be consequences if we accepted Gold Coast over Canberra :thumbsdown:

A key indication of a support for a code or team in a particualr area is how far fans are willing to go to cheer for their team.

You would be lucky to see any support at all for Gold Coast Titans away games and I wonder what their crowds will be this time next year when the public have worked out that the hype doesn't match the product.

The Gold Coast is there for the taking for AFL if they do it right.

I wonder how many Brisbane Lions fans made the journey from Brisbane down to Melbourne for today's match?:eek:

As usual, another laughable post from FRA, keep it up!

I wonder how many Brisbane Lions fans made the journey from Brisbane down to Melbourne for today's match?:eek:

As usual, another laughable post from FRA, keep it up!

There are a lot of Brisbane/ex Fitzroy members already in Melbourne fool!

Melbourne = 3.8 million people GC = 500,000 pop so crowds of 17,000 odd are very good for the AFL at Carrara but 10,000 ave crowds for Storm in Melbourne are shit!.
How many of the bogan Bulldogs fans came to Melbourne last monday nights poorly attended (14,000) game at OP:thumbsdown:

There are a lot of Brisbane/ex Fitzroy members already in Melbourne fool!

Melbourne = 3.8 million people GC = 500,000 pop so crowds of 17,000 odd are very good for the AFL at Carrara but 10,000 ave crowds for Storm in Melbourne are shit!.
How many of the bogan Bulldogs fans came to Melbourne last monday nights poorly attended (14,000) game at OP:thumbsdown:

Oh dear. Another bright spark....

The fact that the Brisbane Lions are the bastard-child of a Melbourne club and a Brisbane club does mean that there exists an element of Melbourne based Brisbane Lions support.How this translates into an argument that Brisbane fans travel from Brisbane to Melbourne to watch the Lions play escapes me - but hey, I'm sure it sounded good in your head. :)

P.S The AFL don't get '17,000' people to watch AFL at Carrara, and have not done so for some time. :thumbsdown:

Oh dear. Another bright spark....

The fact that the Brisbane Lions are the bastard-child of a Melbourne club and a Brisbane club does mean that there exists an element of Melbourne based Brisbane Lions support.How this translates into an argument that Brisbane fans travel from Brisbane to Melbourne to watch the Lions play escapes me - but hey, I'm sure it sounded good in your head. :)

P.S The AFL don't get '17,000' people to watch AFL at Carrara, and have not done so for some time. :thumbsdown:

They did not long ago in a practise game, Lions v Essendon I think.

I agree.

I know I am looking forward to seeing the AFL spend tens of millions of dollars re-fitting Carrara.

How many freebie tickets and $20 'family packs' will the AFL hand out then? :)

As many as they want to to promote games up there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree.

I know I am looking forward to seeing the AFL spend tens of millions of dollars re-fitting Carrara.

They will just continue at it like they have with the Swans. The AFL dont give up on something too hard straight away except with the rules...but anyway thats another thread all together.

A redeveloped Carrara Stadium would be a massive positive for AFL on the Gold Coast, but I think a new team out of the Coast needs to be done not North moving up.

And they should not spend the money to build a 40-50k stadium straight away, just start slow and build up slow. As membership grows and the fan base grows, so will the stadium.

I agree.

No one is suggesting that Aussie Rules is more popular than Rugby League in SE Qld. But is must grate you that two Melbourne based clubs get 11,500 on the Gold Coast.

What would two Sydney Rugby League teams get playing in Geelong? Or in Adelaide. 876?

Aussie Rules might not be the number one sport in Qld, but Aussie Rules has a presence in it's non-heartland areas (NSW and Qld) that Rugby League can only dream about in its non heartland areas.

Do you think 11 Victorians born players will debut in the NRL next year? I ask that because 11 of the 80 drafteees at last years AFL draft were from Queensland.

Rugby League's non-heartland areas have virtually no presence whatsoever.

11,469 there tonight

Interesting, much more then i expected.

In fact it was bigger then the North v Brisbane Lions game earlier this season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Carrara crowds

Remove this Banner Ad

Back