Retired Casboult finishes up - Thank you Levi

Remove this Banner Ad

/weeps

Few players have given the Carlton Football Club more with less than Levi. Gave the club greater than the sum of his parts and as a result an absolute pillar to the culture of the team.

However, it is time. Sadly, injuries have killed his one elite skill (contested marking) and regardless of how much he tries he can't overcome the deficiencies in his game.

I'll always remember the chase down tackle against Essendon, the amazing contested marking, and the way he worked and worked on improving his goal kicking.

I standby my belief that we'd be a damn sight better footy club if we had more Casboults - players who worked to get the absolute most out of themselves than wannabe millionaires.

Thank you Levi. Please don't be a strsnger. I love you.

Just announced on website, retired after not being offered contract.
All the right words to honour a warrior who gave if his best other than unfortunately calling him an “impeding” target in attack. That might be the gaffe of all farewell gaffes but we know what they meant!

Made the most oif his career and will always have my respect for that.

Yer had a crack big Levi unfortunately goal kicking let him done because he clunk a big mark all the best to him

A limited footballer who got the most out of himself (meant as a compliment).

Never should have been our main target up forward, would have been much better if/when he played alongside regular tall targets.

Thank you for all your efforts and contribution, including absolutely astonishing me with your form as a backman a couple of years ago.

While his injury-impacted 2021 was a pretty terrible way to go out, I think it says a lot that our list could use a young Casboult (like Jake Riccardi or Blake Longschlong or whatever his name is) possibly more than any other position right now.

View attachment 1208339

Long live the double cobra!!!
We know who wrote the media release for the club.

Always did what was asked - even on one leg. No grumbles, no fuss. Workhorse.

His dedication is best measured by how much his goal-kicking improved over his career.

If only every rookie gave as much value.

If everyone played with the heart of Cas, we wouldn’t be perennial cellar-dwellers. The most underrated quality, at Carlton. He changed the course of a couple of games with big (fair) hits.. and he wore so many big hits for the team. Seems like a top fella.

Had his limitations but would be a disservice not to acknowledge the genuine talent there too - literally had the best hands in the game for a few years, imo, which is a huge achievement. Never forget that mark agains the Hawks.

Last edited:
That is 4 players the club needs to give a proper farewell / send off too come our first home game 2022.

Simmo, Murph, Eddie now Levi.

Make it happen CFC if it's the only thing you get right in 2022 even.

Thanks big Levi played your heart out for the club and supporters no matter what role you had on game day.

He was never supposed to be drafted, didn’t get drafted after U18’s so had to go back and play as a 19 year old where he just kept on clunking contested marks.

Had to wait until the third round of the rookie draft to get picked as an over ager and then still hadn’t managed a senior game well into his third year on the rookie list but his ability grab contested marks kept him around, then a spot finally opened up for him in the AFL team and even at that level he just kept on grabbing contested marks.

Worked hard on his weaknesses with Sav Rocca and had to be our number one forward while we waited for our tall forwards to develop where he led the goal kicking in 2017 then once they’d developed he reinvented himself as a very handy key position defender where as always his contested marking was a highlight.

Farewell Levi Casboult, over 150 games and 150 goals for Carlton, 2017 club leading goal kicker. Overachiever, team man and role player.

Between Caz and Eddy going, will be a blubbering mess while they are chaired off.
Great pair of hands, could split a pack, always looked like he was a kid in a mans body. Nothing better than watching caz line up for goal and it going through the middle.
Good luck Levi you gave the CFC great service, enjoy!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Came from nowhere, carved out a longer, stronger career than most thought was likely, all the while being "maligned". Had obviously limitations, but also had some real strengths and carried a serious load through a lousy period for the club. Well done and thankyou Levi!

It's going to sound very. very weird but I almost feel more about this one than I even do Eddie.

I think, because with Eddie I knew it was coming and had long accepted it, and just appreciated whatever last drops he had in the tank left. With Levi, I should have known it was coming but hadn't really processed it.

And perhaps also I have a real soft spot for the overachievers and real workman like footballers who make something of themselves, extracting every bit of talent they have.

Always had a soft spot for the 'big lug' anyhow and I have all the admiration in the world for him. Go well Levi, thank you for all your service.

Congratulations Levi on your contribution towards our great club. You are lucky to have had a good AFL career playing 150+ odd games.
I will always remember the high pack marking in our forward line when needed, unfortunately followed by some inconsistency with your goal kicking. Admittedly your goalkicking improved under tuition from Sav. You have also had your share of injuries, esp. your knees which must be bereft of menisci. Good luck for the future Levi.

Got everything out of himself the big lug.

Well done on a good career Levi. Seemed like almost every year you were battling for a new contract and you just kept earning another one

In his prime his hands were better than anyone in the comp.

Go enjoy some family time big fella.

Two of my favourites gone this week, first Ed, now Levi. The little genius and the big Clunker.

Thanks Big Fella for the heart and soul effort over the journey, I wish other more gifted players had your sense of team and effort. You set a standard few followed in getting the most out of yourself.

Good luck and thanks for the memories.

Our modern day Wiggins, got the most out of his abilities and kept persisting and improving! Only by luck and typical injuries we discovered what he was capable of, can't forget his first game rucking in a win against the Dogs.

Enjoy the next chapter! And you can always brag only I and Rebecca have ever been handcuffed to Judd!

A great stalwart of the club and clubman who can retire comfortable knowing he squeezed every amount of effort and talent in his body (not many players can say that)

Thanks Levi, it's been a pleasure watching you grow and develop, not only as a player but human being as well.

Enjoy your retirement with your family Cas, you will be missed 💙💙💙

Remove this Banner Ad

Retired Casboult finishes up - Thank you Levi

Remove this Banner Ad

Back