Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Optimistic Dog

Premiership Player
Oct 11, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
The dogs face another must win game. Not completely over if we lose but will make it difficult with our tough draw if we do not beat our nemesis. Looks like being very windy with the chance of some rain. Marking is going to be difficult. I am a bit concerned we are too tall and would like to Garcia in for Coffield.

The game is likely to be low scoring and like most times will be won in the midfield and being able to use the ball to advantage. We killed the cats in the midfield early in the season but execution going into the forward 50 was much better than us and decided the game.

I am confident we can win the midfield even with Danger playing just hope we can execute better and get the win.

Last edited:
My 12th or 13th trip down the highway for one solitary victory back in 1995. Was living overseas when we won a few in the early 00s but otherwise has been a miserable hunting ground. Every time I head down, I’m confident, pumped …. only to be let down.

Not tonight!! We have the better 22 and Bevo has had many chances to get the game plan right. Down to the boys to execute. Go Dogs!

My most dreaded week and game day of the footy season is playing the Cats

Hate losing to them and just seems we can never win no matter what. Doesn’t matter who they have out where we play them what conditions we find ways to stuff it up.

Watched the tour last night and got up early so I can go to bed early and not witness the inevitable

Hope I’m wrong but that’s how it is playing that mob

The Bailey Smith cup.

Why? They're mobile talls
We shall see , 3 x 2m + is at least 1 too many.
Certainly mobile for guys of that size , but don’t think it will help in this weather.

But , I pray you are right 👍

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We shall see , 3 x 2m + is at least 1 too many.
Certainly mobile for guys of that size , but don’t think it will help in this weather.

But , I pray you are right 👍
We literally only have 6 key position players across the whole ground.

No way could that be considered to tall in any conditions.

Just contemplating whether to get there during VFL game and expose myself to freezing weather early or wait till later

Joel Selwood Stand here we come

I’m never confident about playing the Cats, even less so when it is at Kardinia Park. Last year doesn’t really count in my mind as a win because of the circumstances whereby Geelong basically didn’t care if they won or lost and even then we still only just pulled it out in the last quarter.

The big worry for me though is I can’t get that game in Adelaide against Port out of my head. Similar circumstances, we really needed to win against an equal opponent, 50-50 game on their home deck, outside in the conditions as opposed to under the roof at Marvel. Which Bulldogs team is going to show up? The one who put on manic pressure against Carlton and showed the sort of effort and desire that is needed if we want to win anything or the weak, slow, walking through the middle, lackadaisical, couldn’t seem to give a shit team that played against Port. The one who seemed to read their own press and felt way too comfortable than what they should. You know that team? That’s the one that scares the shit out of me if they turn up again like that tonight. Bevo in his press conference spoke about that giving him nightmares since and I tend to agree with him. Because if that team turns up again tonight then we will get destroyed and it won’t be pretty.

But if we can get the same effort we had against Carlton with a bit better accuracy then I think we are a big chance. But who the fxxk knows which Bulldogs team will front up tonight? I don’t think even Bevo knows and this is what scares him because his job is literally on the line.

I will be watching with some trepidation. I have tried to give them a superstitious advantage again the same as I did last week by changing my tip on the day of the game in my work tipping competition. You know what happens when you change your tip at the last minute yeah? It always ends up being wrong. So I’ve changed from the Dogs to the Cats. Hopefully they get the luck but more than this I hope Bevo has them mentally prepared like they were last week to be manic in their pressure and keep running, no walking around the ground.

Let’s go Dogs, c’mon and make believer’s of us all again.

Last time I travelled to kardinia to watch the dogs play the cats, we won.

I won't depress you with how long ago it was, but I'll just say Scott West was playing at the time.

Last time I travelled to kardinia to watch the dogs play the cats, we won.

I won't depress you with how long ago it was, but I'll just say Rhylee West was playing at the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back