Game Day Cats V Dogs at a Windswept Kardinia Park 20/7/24

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Darcy snagged a couple in the wet v the Giants earlier in the year. A repeat of that would be very helpful.

I couldn’t believe it when I looked at seats down at Kitty Letter Park yesterday some were selling at $139 !! It’s just a Round 19 game for Dog’s sake. Glad I didn’t buy a seat at all now.
A range from $60 to $139 just isn’t on.

We’ll hear the rolling maul cliche a few times tonight I think.

This is why you shouldn't have double headers at the same ground.

Especially somewhere that gets as much rain as cowtown does in winter.

Surely they’ll put a roof up for them soon !!
They haven’t spent enough on them so far 😉

I couldn’t believe it when I looked at seats down at Kitty Letter Park yesterday some were selling at $139 !! It’s just a Round 19 game for Dog’s sake. Glad I didn’t buy a seat at all now.
A range from $60 to $139 just isn’t on.

We’ll hear the rolling maul cliche a few times tonight I think.
They try to price opposition supporters out

Feel we are far too tall for soggy conditions. Would prefer a late Garcia inclusion

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Macrae sub is an absolute disgrace. Had a great last qtr last week. Composure when it was on the line while McNeil was missing from a yard out. Sack Bevo, I hate it. My god, even I didn’t see this melt coming.

Do Geelong’s late changes help us or hurt us?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Do Geelong’s late changes help us or hurt us?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

It's essentially just a tall out and a runner in, due to weather. Probably makes sense although Neale is a good prospect

Atkins and Parfitt are essentially the same player. Not much changes things there

They try to price opposition supporters out

I always went, but not since the rebuilds.

At least I saw us win 10 times down there.

It's essentially just a tall out and a runner in, due to weather. Probably makes sense although Neale is a good prospect

Atkins and Parfitt are essentially the same player. Not much changes things there
Deffinetly a smart move leaving Neale out, would've thought we would give naughton another week's break and give Garcia a run.

Naughton starting on the bench I wonder if we are going to see him swung to defence or maybe we will see managed game time for Darcy, Marra and Naughton with only two in the forwardline at once.

The thinking may be that the heavy conditions will reduce a lot to his pace in the second half and he, as fresh legs, might be able to play more stoppage time as a skilled big body and grind down the Cats at source.

I think you're right, he was sub against the Cats earlier in the year and was just about BOG for us in Q4. The last two weeks have also been his 2 highest time on ground matches for the year, so it could also be a fitness load move. Ideally we need him close to full fitness for the last month or so.

Naughton and Jamarra are great at ground level (especially Naughton), so I don’t see us being too tall up forward. We have just as much chance winning it on the deck as them.
Darcy will battle in these conditions when he's not rucking

Naughton and Jamarra are great at ground level (especially Naughton), so I don’t see us being too tall up forward. We have just as much chance winning it on the deck as them.
I would have left Darcy out

With Geelong only playing Cameron as a key forward, I wonder if that means he'll be isolated inside F50 a lot more, or whether he'll roam up field as he usually does, leaving them entirely bereft of talls in their F50. I could see playing very small work extremely well for them, we essentially have no defender who can play a ground ball game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back