Autopsy Cats v Hawks, Round 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes. His body is clearly cooked, he won't put his head over the ball anymore or lay a tackle that sticks and he continually turns it over either stuffing up inside 50 opportunities or costing us rebounding scores. He might be your mate, but if you called it down the line you'd admit he's finished. He offers very little on field leadership and is stopping us getting games into one of the younger blokes. He's done! But you continue to roll out the "just in a bad patch of form" excuse for another 12 months. Now if we are talking about a Supercoach player, he's one of the first picked.

He had our equal highest tackles and 2nd in contested possies. You are talking shite.

Played brilliantly for the 3rd and were 2 points up going into the last and lost by 30, basically the 6 goals they were gifted in the 1st half. We just had it trapped in the back half and couldn't find a way out. Clangerfields choking was hilarious, I have never seen a team full of free kick bludging flogs like Geelong, never

Positives: We showed up after half time
Negatives: We left at three quarter time

Not too concerned, we were woeful and untidy and the Cats took their opportunities early. The forward line is a mess though and Roughie is surely missed. Also Shiels was noticeably missed in the middle, such an underrated player.
Shiels is missed we need him that's for sure!

f4945c9a2bc847e11a3f2cfd79379904.jpg

Shit

Give him the Matty Lloyd wrist guard.

Sicily and Schoenmakers were poor and they struggled to have any impact on the game, but at the same time given our lack of inside 50 entries today and the poor delivery I think they will stay in the team for next week.

I'm very philosophical. We missed all 4 of those big outs today, real bad. They kicked out of their skins at goal in the first when they won the game (catch up footy often doesn't work), with overwhelming umpiring assistance. They had 4 weeks head start on us re pre-season training, this cannot be underestimated. Slow starts is what you get when you win flag after flag.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He had our equal highest tackles and 2nd in contested possies. You are talking shite.

Equal highest number of clangers (6), 56% DE and 0 contested marks of his 7 too.
I'm sure if one of the whipping boys had these stats you'd be flying the flag for them?
Lewis was rubbish and has been for 18 months.

WTF is it true ? Has Hodge broken his arm? Or sustained any injury at all? SERIOUSLY what is going on with injuries etc!!

3aw saying Hodge broken ulna. I think Crawf did that and missed a fair chunk of the season. Looking like one of those years injury wise.

We were pretty poor for large parts of the game, which was half expected. Played one good quarter and showed how capable we are regardless of personnel.

Still think there was a lot to like. We were able to open them up a lot of times but just didn't take our chances. I thought our defensive structures and setups were quite sound at stages.

Geelong were pretty close to their best and they had a day out. You could see what it meant to them.

Were were rusty and although it was great we fought back into the contest - as we always do - we didn't deserve the result.

I'm confident we'll sharpen up and play a lot better next week.

Equal highest number of clangers (6), 56% DE and 0 contested marks of his 7 too.
I'm sure if one of the whipping boys had these stats you'd be flying the flag for them?
He's a mid they aren't expected to take contested marks, his clangers were high due to the contested ball he won. You're talking shit.

6 of our best players on the list are in the bottom 8 for disposal efficiency. The drop off in the last quarter was frightening.
The streak is over folks, the days of us playing 2 decent quarters and still winning seem done. Can't help but think Shiels makes a massive difference with Dangerfield, but Shiels doesn't make Lewis, Hodge, Mitchell, Cyril and BB do sweet fa or butcher it all day.
Not sure Sicily or Schoenmakers would be picked next week if we had competent soldiers to replace them with.
As for Lewis....Wow, it's time to hang them up mate, you were putrid, soft and either hoof it to the opposition or let blokes walk through your tackles.
If Lewis is a leader in this team the streak is definitely over.
Can see us sitting 0-3 before we know it.
Shit post maybe you should piss off

No doubt he was rubbish but you are talking out of your arse if you are berating his effort. He was the one (alongside Langford and Mitchell) who were continuously putting their head over the ball in the first half when we were lacking.

Some of the posters writing off our season and the careers of some of our older players after one solitary game, on the back of 3 consecutive flags, need to take a good hard look at themselves.

Put into proper context, if last year I told you we were about to face Geelong + Patrick Dangerfield & a strong new ruckman without Lake, Hale, Ceglar, Suckling, Shiels, Hill & Roughead, and with our team virtually only turning up after half time, you probably would've told me a 30 point loss would be about what you'd expect. Instead we have posters trying to claim the sky is falling. :rolleyes:

This wonderful club has delivered us three straight Premierships, something no other Victorian team's done in the modern era. How about showing our boys some loyalty and God forbid being a little bit positive? Today wasn't great but its not the end of the world by any means, the season's only just begun!

Mitchell also went at 61% DE and had 4 clangers. Langford went at 55% DE and 5 clangers.

Should they retire

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Cats v Hawks, Round 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Back