Autopsy Cats v Hawks, Round 1

Remove this Banner Ad

I see that mongrel Scott thinks his player Duncan did nothing wrong to hodge... That's typical and he had a swipe at hodge saying if what Duncan did was reportable hodge would of been reported. 50 times in his career. ... Get off it Scott your a horrid person and a horrid coach .. Hodge faces matches and matches on the sideline you piece of filth... I hope Duncan gets weeks!

Rd.2 West Coast - MCG
Out: Hodge, Pittonet, O'Rourke.
In: Shiels, Ceglar, Howe.

Tempted to boot Schoenmakers out for Brand also. 2 possessions is just embarrassing.

So we lost, big deal, the cats were full strength and played out of there skin.
I thought we did a great job getting back into the contest, unfortunately we ran out of legs, which is expected from a team four to five weeks behind in preparation.
This is pretty much it.

I loved Hartung's third qtr. We were asleep for the first half

Clarko has every right cracking it over the last qtr. Was sure we we were going to rip them a new one but we we t back to sleep. Terrible last qtr

Pretty happy with the effort today considering the injuries thus far, especially with rough out.
Love how much heart this team has we were 5 goals down and playing poorly and flicked a switch and we were back in front... People are saying that we needed brand in today- don't know why as Frawley took Hawkins to the cleaners giving away plenty of free kicks. Also people getting into sicilly abit poor as he has played under 10 games at the top level and was playing on Henderson abit so was hard for him to play his marking role on a kpd. Also if hodge broke his arm in the contest with Duncan is Duncan in any trouble?? I only ask because duncan only had eyes for hodge and wanted to hurt him. I generally wouldn't complain about this shit but it has put our captain out for a few weeks and I think it was a weak act by Duncan...

Round 1, 2013. We lost to Geelong (again). Grand Final....what was that result again ?

2015 we were 4 - 4 after eight rounds. Grand Final... what was that result again ?

Get some perspective everyone. Sheeeeeeeet. Does the modern brain have such a short memory to ignore the feat our team and Club achieved last year !!! There will come a day when we're not so crash hot. If we carry on like this after a single loss in round one to a damn good side, I hate to see what some supporters will be carrying on like then.

Lastly, is there a stat for "the ball just bounced / rebounded / ricocheted the right way" ? If so, they definitely won that stat. It seemed we couldn't buy a bounce of the ball our way.

Pretty happy with the effort today considering the injuries thus far, especially with rough out.
Love how much heart this team has we were 5 goals down and playing poorly and flicked a switch and we were back in front... People are saying that we needed brand in today- don't know why as Frawley took Hawkins to the cleaners giving away plenty of free kicks. Also people getting into sicilly abit poor as he has played under 10 games at the top level and was playing on Henderson abit so was hard for him to play his marking role on a kpd. Also if hodge broke his arm in the contest with Duncan is Duncan in any trouble?? I only ask because duncan only had eyes for hodge and wanted to hurt him. I generally wouldn't complain about this shit but it has put our captain out for a few weeks and I think it was a weak act by Duncan...
Regarding Siciliy.

Remember Billy the Kids first game when he tackled someone much bigger than him and wrecked his elbow. Instead of letting go he kept hold of him under huge duress and won the free kick.

1 game, 300 games it makes no difference. You see a players heart in moments.

Love Billy and am not surprised he keeps on getting better.

I see that mongrel Scott thinks his player Duncan did nothing wrong to hodge... That's typical and he had a swipe at hodge saying if what Duncan did was reportable hodge would of been reported. 50 times in his career. ... Get off it Scott your a horrid person and a horrid coach .. Hodge faces matches and matches on the sideline you piece of filth... I hope Duncan gets weeks!

What about scotts own career? Even brad scott wouls cringe at that comment

A few being harsh on O'Rourke here, made a few mistakes but was far from the worst.

He has only played a handful of games at the level, let's give him a chance to prove himself.

Plays next week for mine.
I thought JOR showed something today.

He stays in for mine.

I thought Duncan missed TBH. If Hodge has a busted arm that's just unlucky. No frontal contact. No high hit... nothing to answer.
I hope it's not busted & um sure Duncan knows he attempted something rather foolish to make a name for himself

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lost the game with the free flowing movement going forward by the cats. Unless Lake this year could of applied pressure and won contests in the midfield. Hardly struggled without him, Frawley played great,

Loved Pittnoet(Sp?) ruck work,
Didn't like Sicily's play. I'll reserve judgement but he needs to watch Langford and how he plays and bring that into his game. certain points he just expected the ball to come to him, That doesnt happen in the AFL. Im sure He'll cop it tomorrow. There was a big one where he was found wanting in a big contest in the first quarter.
O'Rorke same, He needs to get that the AFL game doesn't wait for you. He looked a lot better then he did last season

Langford is back, his kicking looks much more measured.
Litherland worked into the game

Look, we showed the ability to pile it on, that game against anyone else Geelong would of romped it in comfortably in. Dangerfield played a freak of a game, so did Blicavs where he won a phenominal amount of 50/50 contests, It's not worrying, The biggest issue is the posibility of being 3 midfielders down for the first 6 weeks

Regarding Siciliy.

Remember Billy the Kids first game when he tackled someone much bigger than him and wrecked his elbow. Instead of letting go he kept hold of him under huge duress and won the free kick.

1 game, 300 games it makes no difference. You see a players heart in moments.

Love Billy and am not surprised he keeps on getting better.

Just feel that playing infront of 80,000 round 1 against flogs with little experience at the top level you might make a couple of mistakes.

What about scotts own career? Even brad scott wouls cringe at that comment
Scott is s low life... I'm convinced... He even said hodgey would even say there's nothin in it...um he's got a broken arm... Mmmm not quite sure he would see it that way... Scott is a nasty human being I can't believe there's two of them!

Stratts was having to do more than he should have without Brand playing and Gibson's opponent told to lead Gibson away from the contest.

Stratts had to play the third man up, had to defend mid 190+cm players and had to play the defensive rover all while the defense was under immense pressure due to the midfield lacking defensive pressure on the Geelong mids.

He came out with the aggression and fierce mindset that a player with the hunger to win needs and that spoil on Hawkins where he sat him on his arse was standing ovation worthy.

To say he played poorly is grossly unfair.
Haha I take it your a brand supporter then,you keep pushing for him

It's taken me 3 hours to get over how badly inept Lewis was today
I'm just reeling from hodge getting injured I love the guy he's our hero our captain ... This utter shite what's happening to us with injuries.What scares me is if Lewis is made captain ... I'll be up all night I won't be able to sleep.

Really? That's your main concern? Wow.

On a lesser note, the Hawks just lost and now have one less day to prep for a GF replay.
enough from you!!!! It was th enicest thing I could think of to say in my disappointment. I just came from another board where i copped not only abuse for being a Hawks fan but personal abuse as well.... so yeah right now that is my main cncern cos I know that come Sept we will be there

I'm just reeling from hodge getting injured I love the guy he's our hero our captain ... This utter shite what's happening to us with injuries.What scares me is if Lewis is made captain ... I'll be up all night I won't be able to sleep.

If he's captain it'll be the end of me.. Just give straight back to Mitch. It was like Lewis was trying to put everyone of his team mates in hospital with every possession, it was downright embarrassing.

enough from you!!!! It was the nicest thing I could think of to say in my disappointment. I just came from another board where i copped not only abuse for being a Hawks fan but personal abuse as well.... so yeah right now that is my main concern cos I know that come Sept we will be there
and now I hear about Hodgey........ and I know it will be so much harder without him if that is the case and now all I want to do is cry.

Meh, don't remember much of the game..:thumbsu:

Got friggen rammed by some flog on the way home on Beach Rd Elwood.
Bloody coming to a stop in traffic and without warning the headrest has slammed the back of my head hard enough to see a flash of light, then all I can see is the sky as my head lurched forward.

Don't even think they braked before hitting us.

Details swapped.
Police attended & incident report coming.
Visited the doc for whiplash to all of us.
Called our Geelong supporting insurance broker who is a colleague of my wife.. :p

Everyone's ok and there will be no outs for next week v West Coast.

12294696_10207914836881195_2773429860911793852_n.jpg

12417897_10207914837161202_3619307499239523427_n.jpg

Meh, don't remember much of the game..:thumbsu:

Got friggen rammed by some flog on the way home on Beach Rd Elwood.
Bloody coming to a stop in traffic and without warning the headrest has slammed the back of my head hard enough to see a flash of light, then all I can see is the sky as my head lurched forward.

Don't even think they braked before hitting us.

Details swapped.
Police attended & incident report coming.
Visited the doc for whiplash to all of us.
Called our Geelong supporting insurance broker who is a colleague of my wife.. :p

Everyone's ok and there will be no outs for next week v West Coast.

12294696_10207914836881195_2773429860911793852_n.jpg

12417897_10207914837161202_3619307499239523427_n.jpg
Bumblebee showed me this on facebook.

Holy cow man, how tough are Beemers. Especially with bumper bars.

Are you all ok?

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Cats v Hawks, Round 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Back